Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro SD card fell inside the ST-16

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone else had major trouble with their Micro SD card when it comes to inserting it into the ST-16?
I have successfully pulled mine in and out about 2-3 times... but today...grrrr.. its dropped right inside the controller!!!
I don't know if this is something I should be trying to fix myself by pulling the controller back off, or, returning it to the store... OR... Seeing I live about 5 minutes drive from yuneec USA (Ontario, CA), maybe I should just drive it over to them to play with?
I can't believe something as simple as a Micro SD slot can be made in a way that allows the card to just slide into the controller and rattle around like a loose screw :(

The trick is to turn the ST16 over so that when you load the card gravity means it is not going to fall inside just rest on the entry slot.

Attachments

• IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: Seachange01
Hi,
Anyone else had major trouble with their Micro SD card when it comes to inserting it into the ST-16?
I have successfully pulled mine in and out about 2-3 times... but today...grrrr.. its dropped right inside the controller!!!
I don't know if this is something I should be trying to fix myself by pulling the controller back off, or, returning it to the store... OR... Seeing I live about 5 minutes drive from yuneec USA (Ontario, CA), maybe I should just drive it over to them to play with?
I can't believe something as simple as a Micro SD slot can be made in a way that allows the card to just slide into the controller and rattle around like a loose screw :(

Happend to me first time. I opened the unit up. I think roughly 8 Allen screws and one little one. Got it out. No issues.

Reactions: Seachange01
Happend to me first time. I opened the unit up. I think roughly 8 Allen screws and one little one. Got it out. No issues.
Hey :)
I am in the process of opening up the back of my st-16.
So far I have the 4 screws across the top off, the small one in the middle at the top and the 2 screws at the bottom. (7 in total).
Is there anything I am missing, like maybe more under the soft rubber protectors on each side?
It still seems to be pretty firmly held in place.

Hi,

You do know that if you do return it back to Yuneec, you could end up with one of the new 3 Antenna ST16s (if they have them in stock).

You do know that if you do return it back to Yuneec, you could end up with one of the new 3 Antenna ST16s (if they have them in stock).
Yeah I actually thought about it... but its not broken...its just that when I pushed the Micro SD card in...I guess it was slightly crooked and went in behind the slot and therefore inside the st16. So I would imagine even if I took it to yuneec (5 mins drive from where I live), they would likely just keep it a few days and eventually open it and remove the card and close it up and give it back.
Im running on the hope that I can get it out myself tonight so I can do some flying tomorrow. If it turns out to be too difficult, I will screw it back together and take it in on Monday.

Well, I didn't get the back all the way open/off, but I did get it unscrewed enough to pry it open enough for the card to slide out. Problem solved, warranty not voided, and all set to fly tomorrow :)
Lesson learned. CAREFUL WHEN INSERTING THE MICRO SD CARD!!!!

I had that happen to me too.. On the same day, someone stood on my H breaking the actuator for retracting gear!

You can also pry the rubber bumpers off of the back which exposes some holes in the case. I widened the hole on the end of the ST16 where the chip was floating around and it fell right out. The bumpers are adhesive backed and easy to put back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop