Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Monitor Views

Reaction score
The monitor for the T-16 has a bad glare to it no matter if I have a shield or not. I would like to connect my T-16 to my much larger lap top screen. Any ideas how to do that? I hook the hdmi cable to it but it did not work.

The monitor for the T-16 has a bad glare to it no matter if I have a shield or not. I would like to connect my T-16 to my much larger lap top screen. Any ideas how to do that? I hook the hdmi cable to it but it did not work.
Hi Phillip! This is a never ending problem and I gave up to get a good clear view from from the ST16 or any other screen. As my clients often join me when I work for them I have put an Ipad in a box with a sunshine lid on a tripod and it works perfect. Just turn the box away from the sun or if possible put it in the shade. It might not win a design price but it works. The Ipad will get its signal from the "H" so no cables needed.. Its a very customer friiendly way to work as the customer can tell you exactly how he/she want me to take the pics. NB I always work in video mode and then do "frame -grabs"
._2BE0048.JPG

Last edited:
For what it's worth, there is a third-party anti-glare screen protector tailor-made for the Typhoon controller that has a matte finish and is supposed to cut down on the ST16's glare a lot. I haven't purchased it yet to know firsthand if it does what it claims, but I thought I'd mention it here. Could be a viable solution to the problem in lieu of opting for a tablet solution.

For what it's worth, there is a third-party anti-glare screen protector tailor-made for the Typhoon controller that has a matte finish and is supposed to cut down on the ST16's glare a lot. I haven't purchased it yet to know firsthand if it does what it claims, but I thought I'd mention it here. Could be a viable solution to the problem in lieu of opting for a tablet solution.
Belive me, I have tried it on both ST16 and Ipad, it's just rubbish! Doesn't work at all. Save your money,

Belive me, I have tried it on both ST16 and Ipad, it's just rubbish! Doesn't work at all. Save your money,

THANK YOU for posting this.You just saved me time AND money. I appreciate it. I guess dealing with occasional screen glare and the ST16 hood are just a couple of things we have to live with. Oh, well. It's STILL a fantastic machine!

THANK YOU for posting this.You just saved me time AND money. I appreciate it. I guess dealing with occasional screen glare and the ST16 hood are just a couple of things we have to live with. Oh, well. It's STILL a fantastic machine!
Why not fly at night? It solves all our glare probs! :)

Reactions: CC Rider
I just use the glare shield and a wide brimmed straw hat. No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Air One! It's simple just download the (free) CGO3+ app to your Ipad. Then search for the CGO... WiFI from the "H". The code is 1234567890. That's it and you can watch the live pic.
Dont forget to click the small square on the Ipad do start the cam. Good Luck from Sweden

I have used the glare protectors designed for a 7" Android tablet. They work well but are difficult to apply correctly. There are air bubbles that are hard to remove.
I now use a protector and a floppy hat which protects the back of my neck and tops of my ears as well as giving me shade so I can see the screen.
The one I use is this Amazon.com: Nexus 7 FHD Screen Protector, Tech Armor Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013) Film Screen Protector [3-Pack]: Computers & Accessories

Inexpensive and there are more then one.
No I don't work for Amazon, I don't work at all............

I built this viewing box from a cardboard box and attached it to the Yuneec sun shield with pop rivets. The cheap reading glasses help me to focus on the screen. It's like FPV goggles except it is easy to look up at the sky also for VLOS flying and landing.
DSC08319-1.jpg

I built this viewing box from a cardboard box and attached it to the Yuneec sun shield with pop rivets. The cheap reading glasses help me to focus on the screen. It's like FPV goggles except it is easy to look up at the sky also for VLOS flying and landing.
View attachment 5102
How do you reach the settings when you wanna change them?

I have used the glare protectors designed for a 7" Android tablet. They work well but are difficult to apply correctly. There are air bubbles that are hard to remove.
I now use a protector and a floppy hat which protects the back of my neck and tops of my ears as well as giving me shade so I can see the screen.
The one I use is this Amazon.com: Nexus 7 FHD Screen Protector, Tech Armor Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013) Film Screen Protector [3-Pack]: Computers & Accessories

Inexpensive and there are more then one.
No I don't work for Amazon, I don't work at all............
IMO there are no glare protectors that works. Only for them who sell them ;)

I put a note on my ST that's says "images appear darker on this screen" and trust the histogram. I added a screen cover and have transition lenses plus fly in the very sunny southwest so I only glance at the screen as needed in flight already. I trust my ability to use line of sight for good shots and the monitor helps me verify what my framing is doing but unless I have a spotter, I don't look at the screen that much. There are so many details you can't see while flying and I enjoy the surprises that show up usually unless it's myself or my shadow in the shot. I think I'd need at least a 17" monitor to really fly via video only but I'd consider second ST 16 and let a camera operator deal with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have an anti-glare screen protector that does reduce reflections, but at the cost of reduced clarity of the image. As an additional screen I use a Feelworld FW760 field monitor connected to the HDMI port on the ST-16, its only 7" but produces an excellent, very bright, image, and avoids the need for clients to peer over my shoulder. It also works well with my Nikon and GoPro clone.

Brightsky, is there any special settings you need to do to the monitor, or st16 is it just plug it in and play

Brightsky, is there any special settings you need to do to the monitor, or st16 is it just plug it in and play
Just plug and play. I was dubious as some people have experienced problems attaching various monitors, but this just works, and works well. Also brings extra functions like a histogram, over exposure Zebra stripes, focus assist plus others and particularly useful, an independant zoom facility (x4, x9, x16) for my client.

Reactions: CC Rider

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop