Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

More Winter Snow, For Steve Carr. LOL

A county snow plow hit a pickup truck today which was completely covered in a drift and not visible.

A county snow plow hit a pickup truck today which was completely covered in a drift and not visible.
That's terrible! Were you injured? ...At least you got out of the drift!

No. It had gotten stuck and was abandoned. Snowing hard, high winds and temp dropping again so it's another miserable night. Lots of drifting. I have a 1000 lb, 9-1/2' V-plow on my truck and I had it stuck today in my drive for about 2 hrs.

Snowing hard, high winds and temp dropping again so it's another miserable night. Lots of drifting. I have a 1000 lb, 9-1/2' V-plow on my truck and I had it stuck today in my drive for about 2 hrs.

I'm sure glad I don't live where I need a 1000 lb, 9-1/2' V-plow on my truck, ...and then STILL get it stuck in my driveway! Do you realize how insane that sounds to those of us in the rest of the country, ...and forget about those Florida hot house flowers, they have nothing to relate to!

I've always thought snow removal was a pain, if not a totally necessary total waist of time, that you end up with nothing tangible to show for your efforts when it's all said and done -melting!:rolleyes:
It's a tough life, but someone has to live it. You can have it Steve, thanks for sparing the rest of us the trouble.;)

There’s a flip side to not having a snow plow. You park your car in your driveway, it snows heavy that night and you find the next morning the city road crew plowed the road several times during the night and built up a 3’-4’ high drift across your driveway that hardened and turned to ice.

The road is their problem, the driveway is your problem, so you get to shovel it clear and use a pickaxe to break up the blocking drift.

Oh yea, if you have rural mail delivery you find out the mail carrier won’t exit their truck to put your mail in the box. You get to clear the snow in front of your mail box. Not just in front, but a path that permits them to drive up to and away from the mail box. The same road crew that blocked your driveway buried your mail box too. If you planned well you have your own plow but when it gets bad you have to chain up to make use of it.

If you’ve lived it all those White Christmas movies make you tremble in fatigue thinking about the next one. Nothing fun about snow for those that have to live with it.

Last edited:
Oh yea, if you have rural mail delivery you find out the mail carrier won’t exit their truck to put your mail in the box. You get to clear the snow in front of your mail box.
What ever happened to the USPS creed "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds."? My courier, who has a FWD Jeep hasn't even attempted to deliver to my box since the snow started falling and he could have easily made it. Now thanks to the snowplows he would need a Snow Cat to get to it. Not that I really care, I have a P.O. Box for everything important, so he can just keep it, it's all junk mail anyway, he can throw it away for me!!

No. It had gotten stuck and was abandoned. Snowing hard, high winds and temp dropping again so it's another miserable night. Lots of drifting. I have a 1000 lb, 9-1/2' V-plow on my truck and I had it stuck today in my drive for about 2 hrs.
**** it takes a lot of snow to get that plow stuck, unless snow piled in back of the blade from a pile.
Many years ago I had a 1949 power wagon with military drive train and only had a 7.5 foot plow but that truck was unstoppable. Unfortunately it had a top speed of 40mph maybe 45 going downhill lol

Reactions: Steve Carr
I remember as a kid getting on the school bus and the snow was even with the bottom step.
Now they cancel school the day before it snows, or cancel school because it’s too cold

Reactions: AH-1G
What ever happened to the USPS creed "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds."? ...

Unionization. If you Google their union agreement you’ll find the answer to your question. You’ll also find they have been indemnified from just about any punitive action for failure to perform.

A short story, my local P.O. decided to put a dyslexic mail carrier on the route that serves my area. The number of homes that experienced incorrectly delivered first class mail and packages was incredible. It took 4 months of letters, e-mails, and phone calls with the Postmaster General, along with a local social media campaign, to get it straightened out. They didn’t terminate the carrier, but reassigned the person.

my local P.O. decided to put a dyslexic mail carrier on the route that serves my area. The number of homes that experienced incorrectly delivered first class mail and packages was incredible.
Hey! Are you saying people with dyslexia are all screwups?? I have dyslexia and it's no joke! Granted a postal courier is not the best job for someone afflicted with the disorder, but everyone needs to work so lighten up. :mad:

Life is much harder for the dyslexic than most people think. Imagine your a dyslexic guy walking down the street and decide you want to have a drink, so you walk into a bra!:confused:

Just the other day I nearly T-boned a guy at an intersection because I was looking for a spot on my new shirt after seeing a big red sign that said SPOT!:oops:

I see the levity, and understand people need to work and make a living. However, those that cannot overcome or offset disabilities should not apply for or accept positions where their disabilities will negatively impact others.

I have disabilities too but I would neither apply for a job or expect to be employed in a position where it was evident my disabilities would preclude the effective execution of my duties.

Then again, there will always be someone that would insist it would be appropriate for a known homicidal maniac to manage a firing range...[emoji2960]

Hey! Are you saying people with dyslexia are all screwups?? I have dyslexia and it's no joke! Granted a postal courier is not the best job for someone afflicted with the disorder, but everyone needs to work so lighten up. :mad:

Life is much harder for the dyslexic than most people think. Imagine your a dyslexic guy walking down the street and decide you want to have a drink, so you walk into a bra!:confused:

Just the other day I nearly T-boned a guy at an intersection because I was looking for a spot on my new shirt after seeing a big red sign that said SPOT!:oops:
How long have you be driving? By now the big red sign should be know as STOP!

I see the levity, and understand people need to work and make a living. However, those that cannot overcome or offset disabilities should not apply for or accept positions where their disabilities will negatively impact others.
Oh I agree totally! I know my limitations and would never consider a job like that. And everybody should know their limitations before applying for any job. The trouble is, since the PC movement was imposed upon us, it is not polite or acceptable to limit someones aspirations because of their differently enabled abilities and challenges -which use to simply be called a handicap. If someone who can't read or spell wants to be a teacher, then by all means they should be differently enabled to do so!

Saw a job ad for a jiggalo. I’m going to apply. The way I figure it, I might be as good, once, as I ever was[emoji56]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval