Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor arms ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry another question, is a little play (up and down movement) ok/to be expected l've noticed in both my h+'s l have a little movment when latched in, so l changed one of the spring clips but was the same ? Then l checked my h, and two were like the h the others were solid ? So now l ordered the h latches to see if that makes a difference ? Sorry but l'm anal with this

Take the spring clips out, and look at the little spring that hangs down. If it is bent into a curved shape, it allows some play at the arm latch. Not sure if there is any adjustment on the latch block of the body side. Never looked at it.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Take the spring clips out, and look at the little spring that hangs down. If it is bent into a curved shape, it allows some play at the arm latch. Not sure if there is any adjustment on the latch block of the body side. Never looked at it.
I took the one out. put in a brand new one was the same, so l put the older one back in ?

The Spring Clip is the same part for the H480, H+, and H520 and is YUNTYH123 for just the clip or YUNTYH123SVC for clip and hardware (screws).

Those are what I have, bought a boat load of 'em awhile back, so now I bought the H clips which the spring clip latches to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are what I have, bought a boat load of 'em awhile back, so now I bought the H clips which the spring clip latches to.
Are you referring to the body half of the latch YUNTYH127?

is a little play (up and down movement) ok/to be expected l've noticed in both my h+'s l have a little movment when latched in
When I first got my Plus, that was the first thing I noticed and I found it somewhat alarming. It was something I never noticed with my H480 and I remembered @Ty Pilot eluded to this in his first Plus video. However, I can find nothing wrong with how they latch, everything is very secure like my H480. and since all six arms of the Plus seem to do this equally, I chalked it up to bigger props, bigger motors, and longer arms, all adding up to an impressive show of force amplifying the normal play, but not necessarily an indication that there is anything wrong with the latching mechanisms. It hasn't gotten any worse in the year I have been flying it. I for one am not concerned.

Reactions: DoomMeister
When I first got my Plus, that was the first thing I noticed and I found it somewhat alarming. It was something I never noticed with my H480 and I remembered @Ty Pilot eluded to this in his first Plus video. However, I can find nothing wrong with how they latch, everything is very secure like my H480. and since all six arms of the Plus seem to do this equally, I chalked it up to bigger props, bigger motors, and longer arms, all adding up to an impressive show of force amplifying the normal play, but not necessarily an indication that there is anything wrong with the latching mechanisms. It hasn't gotten any worse in the year I have been flying it. I for one am not concerned.
Than you, I just found it to be odd, and wondered if it was normal because there must be some movement while in the air when flying ?

Than you, I just found it to be odd, and wondered if it was normal because there must be some movement while in the air when flying ?
Theoretically speaking, the arms don't need to be locked in flight. The motor is actually pulling the arm and the drone up so if it's fine on the ground it shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend using the drone without the spring clip or the latch. Interestingly, one of my drones actually flew with half a propeller and a broken arm after a bird flew into the right rear propeller. I got it safely back down to the ground with a hand capture. The alarming thing is that it didn't go into 5 motor mode until just before I started its descent. You'd think that half a propeller and a broken arm would activate 5 mode wouldn't you?

Theoretically speaking, the arms don't need to be locked in flight. The motor is actually pulling the arm and the drone up so if it's fine on the ground it shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend using the drone without the spring clip or the latch. Interestingly, one of my drones actually flew with half a propeller and a broken arm after a bird flew into the right rear propeller. I got it safely back down to the ground with a hand capture. The alarming thing is that it didn't go into 5 motor mode until just before I started its descent. You'd think that half a propeller and a broken arm would activate 5 mode wouldn't you?
Good point,the reason, or confusion came after I put the H+ away, and took out the H so l checked it two arms were like the H+ the other 4 were rock solid ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval