Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Motor Failure alert at 300 Ft AGL. Broken Prop

Reaction score
Hello, Been quite awhile since I have been on here. Was photographing a charity even at our flying field today. My H was about 2 football fields away and 300 FT agl. All the flying was in wide open spaces and above any nearby structures and trees. My controller started alerting my about being in 5 motor mode and called for an immediate landing. Went ahead and moved the H over a clear area near me and began bringing it down. On the way down I noticed that half of one prop was missing. The opposite prop was rotating very slowly. The bird was flying on 4 props. Bottom Line, Safe Landing. (See photo) We don't get many chances to test the motor failure process but it appears to really work

Attachments

• IMG-7266.JPG
    IMG-7266.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Glad it came down in one piece. Sorry for the prop loss. I have had that happen on many quads and planes. It was due to wear and tear. Some were just cheap props.

Reactions: Ken N
After 6 months of intense flying I purchased a new set of props 2 weeks ago, better being safe. Good job getting your H back to base.

Hello, Been quite awhile since I have been on here. Was photographing a charity even at our flying field today. My H was about 2 football fields away and 300 FT agl. All the flying was in wide open spaces and above any nearby structures and trees. My controller started alerting my about being in 5 motor mode and called for an immediate landing. Went ahead and moved the H over a clear area near me and began bringing it down. On the way down I noticed that half of one prop was missing. The opposite prop was rotating very slowly. The bird was flying on 4 props. Bottom Line, Safe Landing. (See photo) We don't get many chances to test the motor failure process but it appears to really work
Good job get'n her down...why the key rings on the landing gear?

Great recovery and landing.

My take away is to replace props before this kind of thing happens to me. Given how often I fly maybe every 6 months (?). I’ll just consider it preventative maintenance.

Ron

I’ve been flying mine for well over a year on one and almost a year on the other. Combined flight total is well over 200. The only props that have become a problem had hit something first, be it the flight it failed or one to several flights prior to failure.

The 5 motor mode works very well.

Reactions: rdonson
Awesome; motor redundancy for the win!

I've never had the 5 motor mode kick in, but it was definitely one of the selling points for me when deciding upon purchasing the TH among other similar price-range quadcopters.

It just saved your inve$tment!

Greetings!

Awesome; motor redundancy for the win!

I've never had the 5 motor mode kick in, but it was definitely one of the selling points for me when deciding upon purchasing the TH among other similar price-range quadcopters.

It just saved your inve$tment!

Greetings!

My idea.... what a cool machine....

I have flown 4 TH's for my business and we fly on average 5-10 a day. We just recently purchased a second set of RED props from Amazon. I like these props for one it does seem to be a little bit less noise than the black ones, Well after only about 2 weeks after these new red blades have been in use and just after flying back from about 1,000 feet I noticed it was floating more than flying straight. Once it got closer I let the landing gear down that's when I noticed a really bad wobble and shake in the legs. Once I stopped the motors, which I mus say 98% of the time I catch the drone rather than try to land it or I'm sure this would had been really bad if I didn't. Well here is what we found out we had two cracked blades at the center and one was worse off than the other one was and the other was just a hair line crack. We are a 2 man team and use TEAM MODE every time we fly so its also a safety check that we double check everything. So I'm not completely sure there was a hair line crack in both blades and being in the sun at times we both might have missed seeing this crack. We are just lucky is was not worse

Attachments

• Cracked RED Typhoon H Blade.jpg
    Cracked RED Typhoon H Blade.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 26
I have flown 4 TH's for my business and we fly on average 5-10 a day. We just recently purchased a second set of RED props from Amazon. I like these props for one it does seem to be a little bit less noise than the black ones, Well after only about 2 weeks after these new red blades have been in use and just after flying back from about 1,000 feet I noticed it was floating more than flying straight. Once it got closer I let the landing gear down that's when I noticed a really bad wobble and shake in the legs. Once I stopped the motors, which I mus say 98% of the time I catch the drone rather than try to land it or I'm sure this would had been really bad if I didn't. Well here is what we found out we had two cracked blades at the center and one was worse off than the other one was and the other was just a hair line crack. We are a 2 man team and use TEAM MODE every time we fly so its also a safety check that we double check everything. So I'm not completely sure there was a hair line crack in both blades and being in the sun at times we both might have missed seeing this crack. We are just lucky is was not worse

Very lucky to land having 2 props failing at the same time!

It's hard to tell from a picture but it seems as if the material is a lot softer than the originals'.

Why did you chose to purchase these reds over the stock ones? Im just asking because after a couple crashes the stock ones either break upon impact or they don't. I still haven't had a single prop spontaneously break by itself. (Although I don't fly as much as anyone running a business)

20171206_144211.jpg

Anyway, I guess I will stick with the standard props :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you also got your aircraft back to land in one piece!

Greetings!

Do you paint the housings red for visibility?
We painted it because its the colors of our company at first and we knew that we could buy red blades. and yes we can see the H a lot better at times and also to be different than all the others

Very lucky to land having 2 props failing at the same time!

It's hard to tell from a picture but it seems as if the material is a lot softer than the originals'.

Why did you chose to purchase these reds over the stock ones? Im just asking because after a couple crashes the stock ones either break upon impact or they don't. I still haven't had a single prop spontaneously break by itself. (Although I don't fly as much as anyone running a business)

20171206_144211.jpg

Anyway, I guess I will stick with the standard props :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you also got your aircraft back to land in one piece!

Greetings!

Well this is the 2nd set of red blades and at first we noticed it did sound better flying. Well the other blade did not fail yet but had a small crack in it in the same spot at the other one.. We will be buying and using the Yuneec brands from here on oout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop