Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motors reversed

Reaction score
If you reversed the positions of the motors during a rebuild, will it still operate properly if you reassign them in the GUI? I know I screwed up but was looking at diagram upside down and didn't realize it until I had finished soldering them in.

If you reversed the positions of the motors during a rebuild, will it still operate properly if you reassign them in the GUI? I know I screwed up but was looking at diagram upside down and didn't realize it until I had finished soldering them in.
Ha........I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone. I took pictures of the disassembly and then assembled it 180 deg from the pics.
Sad to say, there is no way around this. The motors and ESC's have to be in the correct position for it to fly. Dang.

Thanks Steve, that's what I was afraid of. Did I say how much I hate soldering? I thought I was home free but back to the drawing board I guess.

Thanks Steve, that's what I was afraid of. Did I say how much I hate soldering? I thought I was home free but back to the drawing board I guess.
I didn't realize the mistake until I tried the ESC assignment with the GUI.
After removing the motor leads, I found out it was easier to carefully drill through the 3 holes for the motor leads rather than trying to remove the solder. It's very easy to overheat those tiny ESC boards.

That's what had me confused because when I went through the ESC assignment, I got green lights on all the motors but the motors themselves were turning the opposite direction than listed on the motors. i.e. The B's were spinning like A's.

So Steve, do I just move the motors only since the ESC 's were reassigned or do I move both the motors and ESC boards and go through the reassignment process?

The ESC and motors are both labeled for front and rear. Q500113R for the rear ESC..... Q500113F for the front. (YUNQ500113F)

Just curious, the color coding on brushless motors is more of a guideline. Can't you just swap the banana plugs around? So instead of Red to Red, Blue to Blue, make it Red to Blue, and Blue to Red. The motor should now spin in the opposite direction.

Just curious, the color coding on brushless motors is more of a guideline. Can't you just swap the banana plugs around? So instead of Red to Red, Blue to Blue, make it Red to Blue, and Blue to Red. The motor should now spin in the opposite direction.
I haven't tried it but on the Q the wires are soldered and it's a bit of a pain to re-solder without overheating the ESC. The A and B motors have to be in the right postion and must turn in the direction shown in the GUI in order for the props to turn in the right direction.

I didn't realize the mistake until I tried the ESC assignment with the GUI.
After removing the motor leads, I found out it was easier to carefully drill through the 3 holes for the motor leads rather than trying to remove the solder. It's very easy to overheat those tiny ESC boards.

Hi Steve,

Have to ask... you do have a solder sucker, right?

Hot tip, quick heat up, bam! Solder gone.

Jeff

I checked the numbers on the ESC boards and they are all the same number. I understand that there are ones for the front and different ones for the rear motors but how do you tell them apart? Will the LED lights tell you by the color that they are?

I checked the numbers on the ESC boards and they are all the same number. I understand that there are ones for the front and different ones for the rear motors but how do you tell them apart? Will the LED lights tell you by the color that they are?
I'll have to take a look and see if there is some clue. The led's are separate boards so I don't think that would help.

Thanks for your help Steve. Got it all put back together and took it out for maiden flight today. She flys great, very stable and is a pleasure to fly. I hope I never have to rebuild it again but I bet I could do it in record time now.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for your help Steve. Got it all put back together and took it out for maiden flight today. She flys great, very stable and is a pleasure to fly. I hope I never have to rebuild it again but I bet I could do it in record time now.
Great timing. On the way home tonight I was wondering how you made out with this project.

Thanks again for your help Steve. I think I may have discovered the difference in the front and rear ESC boards. The front ESC's have different color wires running to the LED boards. I may be wrong, but the new ones that I got from Vertigo Drones have different color wires on the front as opposed to the rear.

Thanks again for your help Steve. I think I may have discovered the difference in the front and rear ESC boards. The front ESC's have different color wires running to the LED boards. I may be wrong, but the new ones that I got from Vertigo Drones have different color wires on the front as opposed to the rear.
Interesting. I'll have to take a peek.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic