Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motors

Reaction score
Hi I've bought motors new from Yuneec, don't know should i get the grey wire with all of them? Is that the only difference? they've sent one YUNTYH121 and two ZS-YUNTYH121 motors which are a different size and less wires. What do the ZS fit? Didn't realize two versions were available, one with mounting bracket and screws and one bare motor only.

Attachments

• 1573382142369996280536994770320.jpg
    1573382142369996280536994770320.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 15733821582301714639418447765234.jpg
    15733821582301714639418447765234.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I’m attaching a maintenance document for the TH/TH Plus/H520. It has a parts list with photos. From what I am seeing the one with the extra wires has the wiring for the LED and the other has just the wiring for the motor. Carefully compare the motors as the upper part that the props mount to detaches from the motor. You may want to get @AH-1G to comment on this. He replaced all six motors earlier this year.

I would say that if you ordered YUNTYH121 they may be short on supply and sent the ZS version as a substitution. If that is the case they owe you some money back. The wires for the LED will have to be removed from the units being replaced and will not have the protection of the braided sheath.

Attachments

• H MaintenanceGuide v0.5.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Pretty sure the grey power wire is separate on mine, and isn't incorporated into the. motor sheath at least, like you say they've sent the bare bones motors, even having 17 in stock as they said. I do have complete motor/arm units, it was just a case of stocking up on parts which aren't going to be around forever.

Is there a difference in the motor itself? Or does the unit with the grey wire have the LED board attached also? It is a little difficult to tell through the packaging.

Is there a difference in the motor itself? Or does the unit with the grey wire have the LED board attached also? It is a little difficult to tell through the packaging.
grey power wire is separate, no Led board. which I assume is the norm? There isn't difference in size that was caused by mounting bracket being absent, just wasn't aware it came in two options.

Last edited:
Hi I've bought motors new from Yuneec, don't know should i get the grey wire with all of them? Is that the only difference? they've sent one YUNTYH121 and two ZS-YUNTYH121 motors which are a different size and less wires. What do the ZS fit? Didn't realize two versions were available, one with mounting bracket and screws and one bare motor only.
The grey wire is for the LED. they always include that. May not need it but it's included anyway.

The grey wire is for the LED. they always include that. May not need it but it's included anyway.
Yes it's just the ZS code ones don't have them, so if it was damaged then I'm not sure you could get spare ones? They may be available like the Slipknot for the camera from a third party seller.

The LED boards should be available as
YUNTYH102 - white
YUNTYH103 - red
YUNTYH104 - blue
YUNTYH106 - green

My guess would be no. If you look for the photo of them in the maintenance manual, it just shows the board and the part numbers.

My guess would be no. If you look for the photo of them in the maintenance manual, it just shows the board and the part numbers.
Yes true, never seen them in any photos, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can source some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval