Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mount kit for CGO3+

Reaction score
my Typhoon H dropped from about 2 feet after i prematurely turned off the props, this broke one of the runners on the gimbal and the top plate is hanging loose. does anyone know where i can get a new mounting kit (in the UK) as it is out of stock everywhere ive looked.

Must be a lot of broken ones. Every place is out of stock.

With a 30lb+ multirotor even a foot turns a gimbal into the 3rd or 4th leg of the landing gear.

Although the H, H+, and 520 are nowhere near that weight class habits developed with those will be carried over into much more expensive equipment. Even at this point in time doing that with a 920 generates high risk of damaging irreplaceable landing gear actuators.

The only time I could condone the use of the arming button to land would be when the aircraft absolutely will not descend any other way. At that point it’s an emergency condition and justifiable. Aside from that learning how to land is more practical.

But I’m just an old school pilot that was taught a controlled landing was always preferable to a crash[emoji6][emoji56]

Last edited:
I agree, @PatR.

At the risk of starting a flame war, there’s another method of landing I’ve never fully understood. That is, the penchant for hand catching these machines as a matter of routine.

Extenuating circumstances I can understand. But to prefer a hand catch versus a well executed “normal” landing escapes me. Self preservation first and foremost. Learning how to properly land a craft such as ours should be high on the skills checklist.

Opinions very of course. Just stating mine.

Stay safe!

Jeff

Reactions: John Hennessy
With a 30lb+ multirotor even a foot turns a gimbal into the 3rd or 4th leg of the landing gear.

Although the H, H+, and 520 are nowhere near that weight class habits developed with those will be carried over into much more expensive equipment. Even at this point in time doing that with a 920 generates high risk of damaging irreplaceable landing gear actuators.

The only time I could condone the use of the arming button to land would be when the aircraft absolutely will not descend any other way. At that point it’s an emergency condition and justifiable. Aside from that learning how to land is more practical.

But I’m just an old school pilot that was taught a controlled landing was always preferable to a crash[emoji6][emoji56]
Would of thought that was modern practice too, to land an object before having to crash it

I agree, @PatR.

At the risk of starting a flame war, there’s another method of landing I’ve never fully understood. That is, the penchant for hand catching these machines as a matter of routine.

Extenuating circumstances I can understand. But to prefer a hand catch versus a well executed “normal” landing escapes me. Self preservation first and foremost. Learning how to properly land a craft such as ours should be high on the skills checklist.

Opinions very of course. Just stating mine.

Stay safe!

Jeff
If you have one of the controller trays it would be a good way. A little more caution if you don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer