Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I was having a great afternoon practicing taking some real estate shots, (all personal stuff before I get my 107). In a brief lapse, I was looking at the ST16, and heard the terrible sound of props hitting tree branches. My H got hung up in a tree approximately 15 feet up. I was able to run back to the house and get a paint extension pole, and was just able to reach it. After many attempts, I was able to dislodge it, but when it fell to the ground, both landing gear, and one motor arm was broken. And to add to it, there was standing water at the base of the tree. As soon as it came down, I was able to power it down. It does not appear any water entered the battery compartment or main housing. The CG03 did get water in it, and hoping that it will still function after it dries out.

My question to the community, how difficult is it to replace the motor arm, from looking at a few parts, the entire assembly will need to be replaced. The landing gear both sides broke at on the plastic piece, and it appears the gear motors will need to be replaced, appears they only come as a complete component. Recommendations of where to purchase parts is appreciated.

The camera lens appears to have water on the inside. Can the lens be removed and replaced without damaging it?

Thank you in advance for info/guidance/tips. Please see attached pics for the damage.

Attachments

• 20190707_221611.jpg
    20190707_221611.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20190707_221617.jpg
    20190707_221617.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 20190707_221625.jpg
    20190707_221625.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • 20190707_221646.jpg
    20190707_221646.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
First the camera:
Remove the IR filter and then you can clean it. It's unlikely water got inside the lens barrel. Your pic shows moisture behind the filter not the lens.

You came to the right spot. Lots of knowledge and experience here.

Reactions: biltno
Thanks so much Steve for the info. I'll be ordering, and making my first repairs in the next week or so. A hard lesson to learn....keep my eyes on the H not the controller.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
.keep my eyes on the H not the controller.
Oooh.....not so sure. I've had lots of incidents doing both. It all depends on the location. Distance is very hard to judge. If you are flying forward and not sure about the clearance the camera view may be better. Trees allow birds but dislike aliens such as drones. Think of the branches as giant flyswatters (or droneswatters). :)

Note that I changed the link above for Youtube.

Reactions: Tiffin 2018
If you don’t already have them, obtain a 1.5, 2, and 2.5mm set of hex keys. Those and a small Phillips screwdriver handle most of what you’ll ever do on an H.

I guess you don't need to replace the whole (expensive) landing gear motor. The broken part is available as replacement: YUNTYH131.

The copter itself is easy to repair. The camera/gimbal unfortunately not.

br HE

I guess you don't need to replace the whole (expensive) landing gear motor. The broken part is available as replacement: YUNTYH131.

The copter itself is easy to repair. The camera/gimbal unfortunately not.

br HE
I think Pat mentioned in an earlier thread that the shell for the landing gear isn't available as a spare part in USA, only the complete unit?

I was having a great afternoon practicing taking some real estate shots, (all personal stuff before I get my 107). In a brief lapse, I was looking at the ST16, and heard the terrible sound of props hitting tree branches. My H got hung up in a tree approximately 15 feet up. I was able to run back to the house and get a paint extension pole, and was just able to reach it. After many attempts, I was able to dislodge it, but when it fell to the ground, both landing gear, and one motor arm was broken. And to add to it, there was standing water at the base of the tree. As soon as it came down, I was able to power it down. It does not appear any water entered the battery compartment or main housing. The CG03 did get water in it, and hoping that it will still function after it dries out.

My question to the community, how difficult is it to replace the motor arm, from looking at a few parts, the entire assembly will need to be replaced. The landing gear both sides broke at on the plastic piece, and it appears the gear motors will need to be replaced, appears they only come as a complete component. Recommendations of where to purchase parts is appreciated.

The camera lens appears to have water on the inside. Can the lens be removed and replaced without damaging it?

Thank you in advance for info/guidance/tips. Please see attached pics for the damage.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I have done exactly the same thing,
But I needed a new Camera, two motor arms and the two landing gear motors !!
The body is actually quite easy to work on,
but you need the right size screwdrivers, the best thing to do first is look on You-Tube, there's lot's of guys doing repairs and it makes you feel more comfortable about having a go at it yourself !!
Hope this helps a little
Regards Michael

Reactions: Tiffin 2018
I think Pat mentioned in an earlier thread that the shell for the landing gear isn't available as a spare part in USA, only the complete unit?

The Orange H520 body she'll fits and looks great

I’m assuming this a 480 you crashed because of the thread header. From my experience rebuilding many, once you get the parts, it’s pretty straightforward. The camera gimbal has never gone well for me though so hopefully that’s not damaged. The hardest part of the arm is threading the motor wires back through so consider purchasing an arm with the motor. The extra cost is worth the labor and frustration you will experience with arm only purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
I’m assuming this a 480 you crashed because of the thread header. From my experience rebuilding many, once you get the parts, it’s pretty straightforward. The camera gimbal has never gone well for me though so hopefully that’s not damaged. The hardest part of the arm is threading the motor wires back through so consider purchasing an arm with the motor. The extra cost is worth the labor and frustration you will experience with arm only purchase.

After watching You-tube, I found that getting the wires back through the arms was done with Dental floss, rapped around the wires slipped through the tube with a small wooden meat scewer,
But it still a bit fiddly and requires patients,

Where was your trusty assistant to do the poking, while you stood with your large fishing net to “save” your H? Or reversed roles if your assistant possessed better catching skills!

Good luck with your repairs!

Jeff

Where was your trusty assistant to do the poking, while you stood with your large fishing net to “save” your H? Or reversed roles if your assistant possessed better catching skills!

Good luck with your repairs!

Jeff

After it fell, and was taking the carcas back to the truck, realized I had a beach mat in the truck, that would have worked perfectly to prevent the hard impact....live and learn.

After it fell, and was taking the carcas back to the truck, realized I had a beach mat in the truck, that would have worked perfectly to prevent the hard impact....live and learn.
A couple of guys holding a blanket works best.

Always nice to have benefit of Hindsight, but with the H playing up, rational thinking goes out the window, not that many would like an imminent crash to see if they've overcome the panic and now deal with the problem.

It appears that parts are scarce, was able to find entire landing gear kit with motor and gear for $119. The gear motor by themselves seems to be on back order on every site. Are we coming up on the end of the line for the H? Started to order kit of props, until read the reviews, and apparently were a knock off with issues. Still shopping for motor arm, (seems some include the "prop" locking button, and others do not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval