Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
It appears that parts are scarce, was able to find entire landing gear kit with motor and gear for $119. The gear motor by themselves seems to be on back order on every site. Are we coming up on the end of the line for the H? Started to order kit of props, until read the reviews, and apparently were a knock off with issues. Still shopping for motor arm, (seems some include the "prop" locking button, and others do not.
Watch eBay. There is a seller named Brighterbrands that parts out new H's. They list all the parts you need. The motor locks are attached with two screws so you should be able to salvage those if you need them.
Also note, I am moving your thread to the H discussion page.

I'm quite sure the landing gear on the H480 would be the same as the H520
OK the actuator is sold in Europe as a complete unit or it's outer shell, in US it's sold or people have reported just as a complete unit. Yes it does fit all the range! I was not referring to the landing legs.

Thanks so much Steve for the info. I'll be ordering, and making my first repairs in the next week or so. A hard lesson to learn....keep my eyes on the H not the controller.

Steve helped me out in a few cases. It is a great forum . I have a repair video coming out soon.
The main thing is patience and be very careful.This can be delicate work.
Keith Kuhn

It's not that difficult if you're mechanically inclined, just time consuming.

Greetings
After a few weeks off the flying grid, I received all the parts, and reserved the time to replace both landing gear (and motors), and one motor arm. Now was the test. Worked great with the GUI, and the best news is the CG03+ seems to have made it through unharmed. When I used the ST16 to speed up the motors, it went into 5 motor mode, and tried to isolate which motor was the issue. A slight rattling vibration, The odd thing was discovered it would move to different arm, based on the orientation. Argh...then did a forum search, and found this is a known issue when running the motors at full speed without the props installed. (Phew). Plan to take it out in the next few days and put through some simple paces to test it out, and make sure there are not any emergent issues. I'd like to thank everyone here for the support and advise. Hoping not to have to do a rebuild anytime soon, just have to be more careful for the drone eating trees!

Another question...I noticed that the replaced motor arm has a green color showing on the LED, which was the left front (formerly white LED). Is this an issue, (do LEDs change color) or was it because this B arm was meant for the "green" position? If I do a calibrate will it change colors????

You can only idle the motors without props. If you throttle up there is no load and the motors and the flight controller will go into 5 rotor mode. This is normal operation.
The LED's are each a specific color and are attached on the bottom of each motor mount. In order to change the LED board you must remove the bottom cover. However, it can be tricky to remove the cover if you don't have the removal tool. You could use the LED on the old motor arm.

Greetings
After a few weeks off the flying grid, I received all the parts, and reserved the time to replace both landing gear (and motors), and one motor arm. Now was the test. Worked great with the GUI, and the best news is the CG03+ seems to have made it through unharmed. When I used the ST16 to speed up the motors, it went into 5 motor mode, and tried to isolate which motor was the issue. A slight rattling vibration, The odd thing was discovered it would move to different arm, based on the orientation. Argh...then did a forum search, and found this is a known issue when running the motors at full speed without the props installed. (Phew). Plan to take it out in the next few days and put through some simple paces to test it out, and make sure there are not any emergent issues. I'd like to thank everyone here for the support and advise. Hoping not to have to do a rebuild anytime soon, just have to be more careful for the drone eating trees!

The Only thing wrong with Drones eating trees !
The Drone always comes off second best !!

You were lucky your Camera is still working fine,
there expensive little suckers

Cheers

Argh. Got it back together. Powered up and got a message that real sense was not working. Took real sense back off and discovered damaged ( broken wire), very tiny. Debating on best method to attempt repair. Solder splice? Found quick splice connectors at Lowes. The key seems to be make sure wires are completely in. If not, may be for naught, and do not have much wire to work with...connector does not want to come loose to be able to work with easier.

Attachments

• 20190728_163319.jpg
    20190728_163319.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190728_163310.jpg
    20190728_163310.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190728_150129.jpg
    20190728_150129.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190728_145611.jpg
    20190728_145611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Argh. Got it back together. Powered up and got a message that real sense was not working. Took real sense back off and discovered damaged ( broken wire), very tiny. Debating on best method to attempt repair. Solder splice? Found quick splice connectors at Lowes. The key seems to be make sure wires are completely in. If not, may be for naught, and do not have much wire to work with...connector does not want to come loose to be able to work with easier.
Bummer.

I taped the broken Real sense wire and closed it up. Took it out for first flight after the repairs. Except to test it once, I have not used the real sense. (would not have prevented the crash). All seems to be functioning correctly. After a little more research, will take the real sense back off and try to figure out best way to splice the wire back together. Suggestions? Thanks The ST16 did not give any errors this time for the real sense. With the wire completely separated, guessing bird is not recognizing it all now.

Also, it seems to be flying great, but the main LED is flashing different than before. I have not captured the sequences, will do that on the next outing. Tried a cell video shot, but was not that good to figure it out....

I suggest finding a friend who can solder fine wires. I would not use the splice connectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval