Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H+ just flew away using 750 firmware! Can't find drone anywhere! **Now with updated Telemetry***

@JackMTaco what about the other telemetry files, did you check to see if they have any from today's flight?

The other folders are all the same with them having the last flight being yesterday and nothing from today. The only thing I have is the log on the drop down menu on the main screen that I posted previous. I don't understand why I don't have any telemetry files. Again, none of this makes sense if it recorded yesterdays flights after the firmware update with no problem.

Attachments

• Yuneec Flight2Log 1.png
    Yuneec Flight2Log 1.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Yuneec Flight2Log 2.png
    Yuneec Flight2Log 2.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Yuneec Flight2Log 3.png
    Yuneec Flight2Log 3.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 41
I haven't shut off the controller yet as I'm afraid of what might happen. I've kept it charging right now. Think I should restart it to see? I've closed the app twice already and opened it back up but still no luck with the files showing up.

Perhaps that is what is needed, but I am not sure. Give me a minute or ten and I will perform a similar test with my Plus to see if the telemetry is written before or after the controller is turned off

Okay, I just went and booted up the aircraft and controller for the first time today, I let it sit for a while until I got the RC link message as well as flight mode confirmation and take off point stored. Next I turned off the aircraft - leaving the controller on, then connected to my computer. There were files for the telemetry dated today. So I don't know what to say in regards to turning off the controller. This is just so strange.

Okay, I just went and booted up the aircraft and controller for the first time today, I let it sit for a while until I got the RC link message as well as flight mode confirmation and take off point stored. Next I turned off the aircraft - leaving the controller on, then connected to my computer. There were files for the telemetry dated today. So I don't know what to say in regards to turning off the controller. This is just so strange.

I appreciate you checking. I'm going to turn the controller off and back on and see. I just finished recording a video going through the log files on the application that I screenshot before and posted in here as a backup in case I have to file compliant/case. I'm still in shock, watch $2K fly away is insane, especially since I just spent an additional $300 in accessories for it this week. I'm so mad and upset right now.

Attached telemetry files

Attachments

• Telemetry_00098.csv.txt
    261.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Sensor_00107.txt
    596.6 KB · Views: 4
  • RemoteGPS_00098.csv.txt
    66.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Remote_00098.csv.txt
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
The other folders are all the same with them having the last flight being yesterday and nothing from today. The only thing I have is the log on the drop down menu on the main screen that I posted previous. I don't understand why I don't have any telemetry files. Again, none of this makes sense if it recorded yesterdays flights after the firmware update with no problem.

Sorry to hear of this. Because you have a screenshot of today’s flight record from the history, and there’s no flight info in the logs, I would think (hope), Yuneec would replace this as an equipment malfunction and not pilot error. But of course that’s up to them. This is some scary behavior we’re seeing. I know it makes me nervous. I’ve flown mine since, in and around my backyard, but that’s it. Im systematically trying to understand any and all related patterns associated the H+’s behavior. As they say in the medical field “day to day”.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Sorry to hear of this. Because you have a screenshot of today’s flight record from the history, and there’s no flight info in the logs, I would think (hope), Yuneec would replace this as an equipment malfunction and not pilot error. But of course that’s up to them. This is some scary behavior we’re seeing. I know it makes me nervous. I’ve flown mine since, in and around my backyard, but that’s it. Trying to understand any related patterns associated the H+’s behavior. As they say in the medical field “day to day”

Wingnutz, I was able to recover the telemetry data after I restarted the controller (Again, makes no sense). I left the controller on while searching for the drone hoping I might get a signal on the controller. In the rest of the posts later, you can see that TY Pilot stated he didn't restart the controller and the telemetry logssaved after his flight. I restarted the controller a moment ago and the telemetry files showed up after the restart. I just posted them a few minutes ago. Hopefully this helps! I'm extremely upset right now and I really hope Yuneec does the right thing. This is my third drone after returning 2 of them for not working properly. The first one was the H, after 2 days, the controller showed it was charging even without it being plugged in, I then traded it in for the H+, after the second day, the SD card in the camera stopped ejecting and the firmware update to 748 caused the gimbal issue and I could not roll it back to the previous firmware. Now. 3 weeks later, after a firmware update, the drone flies away with the log information stating it lost GPS while the log is also showing it had 19 Satellites. "

After spending $2,000+, I'm a bit more than frustrated that this company has a product that after reading quite a few posts in here, have so many issues.Support Cases.png

Last edited:
I've flown RC Helicopters with no issues before, I think its due to the reliance on complicated electronics assembled and pushed out without any real Quality Control. Then when a problem is identified, they just replace it rather than refund or replace everyone's. At least when I fly RC helicopters, if it didn't come back, it just auto-rotated back down in one piece. This thing took off like it had a mind of it's own. Being on a full battery, I could only dream of knowing where it could be!

Last Known Location has the Aircraft is shown to be at 39.201767 -77264244

That is if the coordinates can be trusted. In the last week or two the man that wrote the software has determined that the older software cannot interpret all of the telemetry of the Plus, but this was in regards to the errors. As far as I know the GPS signals should be correct. I looked up these coordinates in Google earth and found the last known location is some 15 Miles North West of German town

Where did you take off from - PM me the address if you need to

I've flown RC Helicopters with no issues before, I think its due to the reliance on complicated electronics assembled and pushed out without any real Quality Control. Then when a problem is identified, they just replace it rather than refund or replace everyone's. At least when I fly RC helicopters, if it didn't come back, it just auto-rotated back down in one piece. This thing took off like it had a mind of it's own. Being on a full battery, I could only dream of knowing where it could be!

What’s interesting or concerning, is that the H+ was connected prior to takeoff, ie, you were able to read from the controller showing different stats, and it allowed you to startup the motors, then lift off. One of the issues I’ve observed, was during shutdown, in that using the start/stop button while hand catching did not shut the motors off as expected. I associate this with a disconnect from the controller, which must have reconnected 15-20 seconds later and then shut down. I’ve not yet reviewed my flight logs to see what they say. This is something I’m slowly working towards. I’m certain if I were in your shoes, I’d be more adamant about doing so.

Last Known Location has the Aircraft is shown to be at 39.201767 -77264244

That is if the coordinates can be trusted. In the last week or two the man that wrote the software has determined that the older software cannot interpret all of the telemetry of the Plus, but this was in regards to the errors. As far as I know the GPS signals should be correct. I looked up these coordinates in Google earth and found the last known location is some 15 Miles North West of German town

Where did you take off from - PM me the address if you need to

15 miles on a 25 minute battery puts the H+ at about 35-40mph. This assumes it went at top speed and probably with wind as a factor. Please correct my math if it seems wrong.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, bro. I’m about to also write about my experience from yesterday’s flight until I read this.

Mine was a horrifying near flyaway until it regained GPS. I had a total of 12 GPS prior to flight, during flight and halfway through the flight it drifted, I had to fight with it, luckily I had VLOS throughout the 5min (or so) ordeal that I was able to safely land 90ft (guesstimating) away from where it took off.

I now have zero confidence of flying this drone for work.

I feel your pain, bro. I’m about to also write about my experience from yesterday’s flight until I read this.

Mine was a horrifying near flyaway until it regained GPS. I had a total of 12 GPS prior to flight, during flight and halfway through the flight it drifted, I had to fight with it, luckily I had VLOS throughout the 5min (or so) ordeal that I was able to safely land 90ft (guesstimating) away from where it took off.

I now have zero confidence of flying this drone for work.

My confidence is absolutely lost with this drone! I don't know what to do! I took nearly 3 months of debating which drone I was going to try out for my business and I'm distraught after seeing nearly a month of savings fly away from me. i just recently bought a DY5 charger and some extra batteries which are now completely useless because my drone is gone. I want to seriously cry as a grown man because something i took weeks to decide on investing in, is gone. It is so frustrating as a consumer, I don't understand what happened! I followed all the guidelines, calibrations, flight controls and I literally just watched it fly away. I can't even find it, if I found it i could at least be somewhat content with finding a resolution but my drone is literally gone! On a full battery charge. After contacting a few friends and weather buddies to find out the current wind direction, on a 90% battery life after losing RC signal... we couldn't even try to narrow it down because the search area is too large!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads