Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H+ just flew away using 750 firmware! Can't find drone anywhere! **Now with updated Telemetry***

Yuneec has looked at the logs and came back with quick response that they are going to send me an entire new unit. They said that it should have returned to the last location and established a link back with the the ST16S and that there was definitely a telemetry issue (not specifically the GPS but a lack of telemetry information in the drone). I am determined to search for the lost drone so that I can send it out to Yuneec and maybe have some light at the end of the tunnel to what has caused the issue with the drone to hopefully help benefit us with future firmware/hardware updates.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this situation and I will of course keep everyone updated with any additional information that comes up regarding this situation.

Something else to consider, or actually several regarding a search

1] If the power was indeed cut, a free fall from that altitude even at that forward speed would produce a traveling distance no greater than the height and in fact would be more like about half or; around 120 to 150 feet.

2] A free fall of 120 feet to the road; other hard surface or even the ground below, would produce a lot of little pieces and some larger ones.

3] If someone spotted it coming down, they may have picked up some but not all of the pieces.

4] If it hit a building or car, there may have been a report to authorities

5] The surrounding area where it most likely came down seems to be one where a lot of people would have by now seen something.

If I was to search I would go back not looking for the drone but for pieces of it and start talking to anyone in the area. My guess is someone either saw it in real time or by now has seen or heard something.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Yuneec has looked at the logs and came back with quick response that they are going to send me an entire new unit. They said that it should have returned to the last location and established a link back with the the ST16S and that there was definitely a telemetry issue (not specifically the GPS but a lack of telemetry information in the drone). I am determined to search for the lost drone so that I can send it out to Yuneec and maybe have some light at the end of the tunnel to what has caused the issue with the drone to hopefully help benefit us with future firmware/hardware updates.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this situation and I will of course keep everyone updated with any additional information that comes up regarding this situation.
It's a good reaction from Yuneec US

Adding several days late and after the fact, the ST16 does record the video in a low res format. In the /Yuneec folder at the root of the file manager is a sub-directory with the video. I am not sure if this is an automatic recording of each flight or only if you are recording. There may be a recording of your flight @JackMTaco to aid in the search (if still ongoing).

Yuneec FTW, bro! I’m glad that they replaced it, as fo my inspire 2 that crashed like a brick, two month ago. DJI gave me a run around, but my State Farm insurance took care of it.

I'm late to this thread and just read through the whole thing. It was riveting. I'm extremely impressed how the forum members worked hard to help Jack. Well done, people!
It's also reassuring to see that Yuneec responded positively.
Jack, I hope you find you H+ so that Yuneec can learn something about the issue and make improvements. It might be as simple as preventing the H+ from taking off until certain conditions are met.

Just took off for the 3rd time using the 750 firmware and immediately lost all control of my drone. She continued flying with no control at all from my controller. Can't find it now. It's been 10 mins since this happened.

I am very disappointed that the new typhoon h plus has problems like this such as a fly away. I saw one great review on the typhoon h plus which made me think it was flawless. I was even thinking
Of upgrading to it but perhaps not now. I really wish yuneec could get the stuff right. No one needs these kinds of hassles.
Keith Kuhn

The events of this thread spanned several days and information is constantly coming to light as the posts continue past page one. If anyone missed it; the problem was resolved, Yuneec was contacted, and just seven posts ago it was announced that a new Plus would be sent.

Yuneec has looked at the logs and came back with quick response that they are going to send me an entire new unit.

The events of this thread spanned several days and information is constantly coming to light as the posts continue past page one. If anyone missed it; the problem was resolved, Yuneec was contacted, and just seven posts ago it was announced that a new Plus would be sent.

Good Deal

Great news you're getting a new drone

I am very disappointed that the new typhoon h plus has problems like this such as a fly away. I saw one great review on the typhoon h plus which made me think it was flawless. I was even thinking
Of upgrading to it but perhaps not now. I really wish yuneec could get the stuff right. No one needs these kinds of hassles.
Keith Kuhn

Keith. I know it’s hard for you to comprehend technology, but even companies like FORD and Chrysler have recalls and issues with their product. I actually just got off the phone with Yuneec and the customer service guy I talked to said less than 1% of their H Pluses have had reported fly aways. DJI is far from perfect, head on over to their forum and see the madness for yourself! Yuneec is top notch and I know too many professionals that stand by them. Great Customer Service!

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Keith Kuhn

Isolated case. It almost happened to me, but the blame was purely on me. I love my ship and I also love to bash. I’m bashing Yuneec on another level, my ship on the other hand... It flies like a dream.

Yuneec CS is great and the members on here are the most helpful.

Keith. I know it’s hard for you to comprehend technology, but even companies like FORD and Chrysler have recalls and issues with their product. I actually just got off the phone with Yuneec and the customer service guy I talked to said less than 1% of their H Pluses have had reported fly aways. DJI is far from perfect, head on over to their forum and see the madness for yourself! Yuneec is top notch and I know too many professionals that stand by them. Great Customer Service!

I understand completely what you're saying. I made a video on saying no matter what manufacturer you get one from they all have problems. I love my Ty0hoon H I am sticking with yuneec.
I agree they have excellent customer support. When dealing with the repair you must be patient just remember you are not there only customer.
Look at my video on YouTube.
KK Motion Pictures yuneec

Yuneec is number one in my book.
I am well aware DJI has many problems I've also heard they have lousy customer support. Perhaps
That has changed I have no idea, I will stick with my hexacopter.
Keith Kuhn

I didn't want to start a new thread but let me know if I should. So I received my new replacement drone today from Yuneec. I charged my batteries, upgraded the firmware (still had 652) to 757. Calibrated everything twice. Let it sit out side for 20 mins for GPS for both the controller and the unit. Turned off everything and turned everything back on starting with controller first. Then once booted, started the drone. Everything immediately acquired SATs (10 on the STS16, 17 on the Drone) but one thing I'm missing that I used to have before was the notification the "Takeoff Location Recorded" I don't see that and I'm scared to take off because I don't see it.

All settings are as followed;

- Controller set to Angle mode
- OBS is off
- Manual is off
- RTL set to Home Takeoff Location

Because I have lost faith in my drone from this previous flyway, I am concerned that it not showing the Home Location Recorded indicator like it normally would after acquiring enough SATs has me worried about doing a motor start. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a new thread but let me know if I should. So I received my new replacement drone today from Yuneec. I charged my batteries, upgraded the firmware (still had 652) to 757. Calibrated everything twice. Let it sit out side for 20 mins for GPS for both the controller and the unit. Turned off everything and turned everything back on starting with controller first. Then once booted, started the drone. Everything immediately acquired SATs (10 on the STS16, 17 on the Drone) but one thing I'm missing that I used to have before was the notification the "Home Location Recorded" I don't see that and I'm scared to take off because I don't see it.

All settings are as followed;

- Controller set to Angle mode
- OBS is off
- Manual is off
- RTL set to Home Takeoff Location

Because I have lost faith in my drone from this previous flyway, I am concerned that it not showing the Home Location Recorded indicator like it normally would after acquiring enough SATs has me worried about doing a motor start. Any recommendations?

hopefully someone will reply to you you can try to go onto YouTube and type in
Buelle typhoon h plus.
then go to comments and ask him your question he is very knowledgeable tell him your situation perhaps he can help you if not I'm sure someone will.

I think you can try to start the motors, and the "Home location recorded" will appear. If it does not, don't take off. Motors will shutdown in 5 seconds automatically if you do not take off.

. . . . but one thing I'm missing that I used to have before was the notification the "Home Location Recorded" I don't see that and I'm scared to take off because I don't see it.

Jack, I just wrote a post in another thread mentioning this very thing. Post 20 in This Thread

I am seeing that; at times, the connection process is slower than others. One thing I do before every flight is wait for 'Take Off Location Recorded' and make sure that when changing the flight mode from say - Angle to Sport, that the messages appear on the ST-16s.

Before the first 20 flights or so I relied on the satellites connected but now I look for those messages as well and they usually come after the sats are acquired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace