Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My home away from home in VT

Reaction score
Tried to line up the music to the video, My first real attempt at a video but certainly have more to learn. I just recently sold my Q500 4K and pre-ordered the H so look forward to making more videos using that :)

I should hope to do half as well with a video as you have.( I can try as soon as I am able to go from being a " waiter" to a "possessor") !

Did you use a filter on this rendition?

I should hope to do half as well with a video as you have.( I can try as soon as I am able to go from being a " waiter" to a "possessor") !

Did you use a filter on this rendition?

Hey horizontal, appreciate the kind words my friend. As for using a filter do you mean a lens filter? If so I believe a few shots I actually had the lens filter that came with the Q500 4K but for the most part had nothing on it.

That looked really professional. Everything was so smooth. Can you give some specifics on camera setting. Manual or Auto. If manual what ISO and shutter speed. Also what video editor were you using. I am a relatively new Q500 4K owner. I am getting to the point to where I want to know how these nice videos are shot.

That looked really professional. Everything was so smooth. Can you give some specifics on camera setting. Manual or Auto. If manual what ISO and shutter speed. Also what video editor were you using. I am a relatively new Q500 4K owner. I am getting to the point to where I want to know how these nice videos are shot.
Hey W Scott Leigh, Thank you for the compliment!
The camera was bone stock... never took it out of auto. The Q500 4K just does so well on it's own. I 'may' have put it on Vivid (not sure the exact wording) for some shots but honestly don't recall.
I used Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 for the video editing. Was the first time doing any of that stuff so I watched a few videos on youtube to get a basic understanding of the software. Hope this helps. Would love to see some of your videos once you make them. If I can help you out in any way let me know.

JoKa: Thanks for the info. I am not just new to the Q500, I an new to drones and shooting video. So, steep leaning curve. I have been an amateur photographer since the early 70's. I look at the Q500 as nothing more than a aerial camera. I have been looking at drone videos on forums and YouTube and have noticed that the good ones, like yours, all have certain characteristics in common. So far I have been experimenting by shooting video and trying to learn PowerDirector 14 by putting scenes together to tell a story. It will be a while before I have something ready to post. But, in the mean time I'm having a blast. The drone camera opens up so many possibilities for creating photos and video from a very different perspective.

JoKa: Thanks for the info. I am not just new to the Q500, I an new to drones and shooting video. So, steep leaning curve. I have been an amateur photographer since the early 70's. I look at the Q500 as nothing more than a aerial camera. I have been looking at drone videos on forums and YouTube and have noticed that the good ones, like yours, all have certain characteristics in common. So far I have been experimenting by shooting video and trying to learn PowerDirector 14 by putting scenes together to tell a story. It will be a while before I have something ready to post. But, in the mean time I'm having a blast. The drone camera opens up so many possibilities for creating photos and video from a very different perspective.

Completely agree, a different perspective is so important in photography and videography. Almost one year ago I bought the Q500 4K and it was my very first drone. Had never flown anything before that. I was told to get a mini drone for inside my house to practice and I think that helped alot in regards to flying in Angle mode. Prior to getting the drone I liked taking pictures with my nikon camera but I was horrible with getting "Good Shots" with good compositions. So I decided to try out video by a drone. I'm glad I did.

When you post something though please let me know, would love to see it and even give you my feedback. Enjoy your Q500! Thing is awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval