Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My new camera

Reaction score
I got to test my upgraded camera on my Q500.
It had the CG02 and I put a 3 4K on it .
I am out camping and took a few just before sunset and have one that’s my favourite
7ca16d1f89c5f6b6a3b61777624e0ba6.jpg

I think I like the pictures from this CG03 better than the pictures from my Mavic Pro. Yuneec is a long ways behind with the tech in there drones but there picture quality seems good . Even these new yuneec H drones give way too much hair pulling to do firmware updates . The dji is as simple as push a button and it does it all by itself for a full update . I was going to buy a typhoon H but for the money the tech is not up to par for 2018 .

I think I like the pictures from this CG03 better than the pictures from my Mavic Pro. Yuneec is a long ways behind with the tech in there drones but there picture quality seems good . Even these new yuneec H drones give way too much hair pulling to do firmware updates . The dji is as simple as push a button and it does it all by itself for a full update . I was going to buy a typhoon H but for the money the tech is not up to par for 2018 .

NG,

If you do not have an H as yet, why are you pulling out your hair with regards to updates?

I, for one, am knocking on wood while I type this: I have had plenty of success updating my two H480’s, including “over the air”, along with my H520.

Once the Update pilot issues were resolved (version .29 to .30 via PlayStore replaced by direct download from Yuneec), the subsequent updates for the H520 have performed flawlessly. Patience and proper sequence is paramount, nonetheless.

If a few people post in forums of bad experiences, it shows things can go wrong, indeed. Does not imply everyone is experiencing the same difficulties.

This person’s opinion anyway.

Jeff

I was going by the grief that two of my friends have had with there units.
Guess my friends just got bad ones

You have missed some critical points. The H hasn't had any updates for well over a year. There may be one soon to accommodate the C23 camera, but that will be a minor update. Overall the updates have gone smoothly for those who followed the directions. On the other hand, I see continual complaints about DJI updates. Yuneec is way out front in that regard.
For the money the H is the best deal on the market. How much tech do you need to take videos and pics? These are made as a stable camera platform and they do exceptionally well for that purpose.

I know that I don’t have first hand experience with the H .
I bought a old school Q500 and did the camera upgrade to a 4 K on it .
As far as DJI stuff
I have had no update grief myself . But I know first hand that I can fly it a mile away and check my cattle from the air and I have 100% clear picture. I have flown it out to 3 miles over brush looking to find a lost calf and still had perfect picture quality .
There is good and bad with all brands . I only have 5 drones so i am limited on the tech with all brands .
Just fly and have fun .[emoji41]

Reactions: Steve Carr
I know that I don’t have first hand experience with the H .
I bought a old school Q500 and did the camera upgrade to a 4 K on it .
As far as DJI stuff
I have had no update grief myself . But I know first hand that I can fly it a mile away and check my cattle from the air and I have 100% clear picture. I have flown it out to 3 miles over brush looking to find a lost calf and still had perfect picture quality .
There is good and bad with all brands . I only have 5 drones so i am limited on the tech with all brands .
Just fly and have fun .[emoji41]
Yes, the TH is not notable for it's distance flying. It is designed as a VLOS vehicle but that doesn't mean that it can't be flown out to distance: Furthest I've flown my H out was 500m just the once. It performed flawlessly over that distance but I'm not comfortable at distance and keep within VLOS.

Different makes of drones will have their good points and bad ones. A few things that the TH is good at is it's stability, good gimbal and ability to tackle stronger winds where other makes of drones will struggle. Yes, other makes will have different strong points but you'd be hard pressed to find another make which is so stable at the prosumer level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone