Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Q Fell From The Sky Flight Log

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
In a previous post I described how my Q fell from the sky. I've uploaded the flight log from the fatal flight. Now, I didn't even take geometry and have no engineering background. I just found a manual that gave a cursory explanation of what the various values mean. In all the other dozens of flight logs from both myself and the previous owner, the motor status (telemetry data) is always 15. Always. Until the end of the fatal flight, where it drops to 7. Motor failure? Eagerly awaiting any insight!

Attachments

• Fatal Flight Log.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 9
FlightLog #342 consists of two flights. I have checked only the last one. All looks normal. Altitude 90m, drone is climbing.
But suddenly 18:42:32 some things happen:
- roll, pitch changes,
- voltage drop,
- starting to go into free fall,
- unexpected it moved nearer (distance from 80 to 70m)
- drone rotate.

The motor error is later, not the reason but the result. Motor 4 blocked as it hits the ground. Drone goes to emergency mode. There are also compass error flags seen but this also comes later and may be the result of the drone trundle.

The question is, what event causes the problem. We can only speculate:
- HW error (ESC, motor coil or whatever)
- hit a bird
- broken propeller
- or any other unknown event.

From the flight logs, this is no pilot error.

br HE

FlightLog #342 consists of two flights. I have checked only the last one. All looks normal. Altitude 90m, drone is climbing.
But suddenly 18:42:32 some things happen:
- roll, pitch changes,
- voltage drop,
- starting to go into free fall,
- unexpected it moved nearer (distance from 80 to 70m)
- drone rotate.

The motor error is later, not the reason but the result. Motor 4 blocked as it hits the ground. Drone goes to emergency mode. There are also compass error flags seen but this also comes later and may be the result of the drone trundle.

The question is, what event causes the problem. We can only speculate:
- HW error (ESC, motor coil or whatever)
- hit a bird
- broken propeller
- or any other unknown event.

From the flight logs, this is no pilot error.

br HE
Thanks for the analysis. I was using two replacement props along with the two OEMs. Highly rated on Amazon, but still not the real thing. It was close enough where I definitely would have seen a bird encounter. Wish I could have retrieved the Q for inspection. Could this be the final result of multiple, serious crashes? Things getting knocked around, loosened, etc. and then something finally failed?

I was using two replacement props along with the two OEMs.
My first guess and the most probable cause is aftermarket props. We've seen this happen to hundreds of Q and H models. Nearly all aftermarket props are cheaply made and break easily in flight.

Whatever happened, you abruptly lost the lift from the right front motor. It basically did a summersault over the motors 1-3 axis, then went nuts trying to stabilize all the way to the ground. Maybe one of the after market props was on motor 4? Was there anything unusual about that motor?

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop