Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Q Just Fell From The Sky :(

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
It was doing some 180 degree spins when I had it up, then would quickly come back under control. At some point it was up around 300ft. So landed to check the props, etc. Everything was in place. Launched again and maybe two minutes in (don't know height, but maybe 75 - 100 ft.) it went into a freefall. It looked like the voltage suddenly dropped to zero and a rotor failure warning flashed. Or maybe I imagined that -- I was so freaked out that it was going to land on someone/something. So ends the saga with this drone. Makes me worried about getting another one...

It was an older battery but still held its charge well. This Q has been through a lot and I have written about its issues in other posts. The door hinge was broken but I had it taped shut and had been flying that way for quite some time. The battery was a bit puffy so it was very snug in place.

Q500 tends to rotate in case of strong wind. But this should not appear or disappear when you left the sticks alone.

For more diagnosis please send the flight logs from the crash flight. For me this sound like a defect ESC.

br HE

Q500 tends to rotate in case of strong wind. But this should not appear or disappear when you left the sticks alone.

For more diagnosis please send the flight logs from the crash flight. For me this sound like a defect ESC.

br HE
I'll send them for you. If you look at my other posts, you'll that this Q has been used and abused. Perhaps that had something to do with it. I did not recover the drone yet.

It was doing some 180 degree spins when I had it up, then would quickly come back under control. At some point it was up around 300ft. So landed to check the props, etc. Everything was in place. Launched again and maybe two minutes in (don't know height, but maybe 75 - 100 ft.) it went into a freefall. It looked like the voltage suddenly dropped to zero and a rotor failure warning flashed. Or maybe I imagined that -- I was so freaked out that it was going to land on someone/something. So ends the saga with this drone. Makes me worried about getting another one...
I have same with the H, and yuneec says ni warranty it whas à New drone !!
I go to dispute this with the law!

What exactly do you mean? Rotating of fell down? What are the circumstances of this event? Can you tell more? Do you have flight logs from that? I recomment to save the flight logs as evidence before you send HW to Yuneec service.

br HE

The drone in turn off by flight.
Download this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev80-pdf.25490/ and use Attachment 60 to retrieve your flightlogs for your Typhoon H and upload them to this thread. It is likely we can give you some guidance into the cause of your crash.

I am somewhat surprised that you have a new Typhoon H with the CGO3+ camera that would qualify for a warranty. Is it possible that you have a Typhoon H Plus with the C23 camera? If that is the case refer to Attachment 62.

Reactions: AH-1G
Download this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev80-pdf.25490/ and use Attachment 60 to retrieve your flightlogs for your Typhoon H and upload them to this thread. It is likely we can give you some guidance into the cause of your crash.

I am somewhat surprised that you have a new Typhoon H with the CGO3+ camera that would qualify for a warranty. Is it possible that you have a Typhoon H Plus with the C23 camera? If that is the case refer to Attachment 62.
Upload the document and let Doom et al see what happened. I did, and it's very easy. These guys are the best at analyzing failures and you'll have some peace of mind at least knowing what didn't happen, if not exactly what happened!

I go to dispute this with the law!
When did you purchase the H, what camera do you have??? As DomMeister mention is it the H+ ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval