Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Recent Trip Back Home to Oahu

Reaction score
Made some 1 minute clips for my Instagram channel. I have a few full length movies in production now. We went home in November because traditionally there are less tourist and it's cooler. However, it rained 90% of the time last year. So we decided to go back this summer so I could get more rain free footage! Enjoy. If you have a YouTube account please subscribe so you don't miss any content. Hawaii is pretty laid back with drone laws and everyone is very positive about them. Not one ranger or cop hassled me. I followed all safety guidelines and was very respectful two people and property. There is a new "law" that prohibits you from taking off on any public beach but it's legal to fly anywhere over water. WTF? I took off from beaches that had not one soul for miles around so I don't know if I'll get in trouble for that.

Just to report, my H flew reliably and was able to withstand unpredictable trade winds that can gust up to 35 - 45 MPH with no warning. I have a Polar Pro ND16 filter on all the shots. In the shot with surfers paddling out, I caught a sea turtle following them to the upper left hand of the screen. I didn't even see it until I was editing the video! Try to watch in full scree@ 1080 dp resolution!

Reactions: Steve Carr
What a beautiful place the Hawaii is, I remembered that 2016 World Drone Fpv Racing Championships was held in Hawaii! As you said it is laid back with drone laws . Awesome place and your shoot.

Made some 1 minute clips for my Instagram channel. I have a few full length movies in production now. We went home in November because traditionally there are less tourist and it's cooler. However, it rained 90% of the time last year. So we decided to go back this summer so I could get more rain free footage! Enjoy. If you have a YouTube account please subscribe so you don't miss any content. Hawaii is pretty laid back with drone laws and everyone is very positive about them. Not one ranger or cop hassled me. I followed all safety guidelines and was very respectful two people and property. There is a new "law" that prohibits you from taking off on any public beach but it's legal to fly anywhere over water. WTF? I took off from beaches that had not one soul for miles around so I don't know if I'll get in trouble for that.

Just to report, my H flew reliably and was able to withstand unpredictable trade winds that can gust up to 35 - 45 MPH with no warning. I have a Polar Pro ND16 filter on all the shots. In the shot with surfers paddling out, I caught a sea turtle following them to the upper left hand of the screen. I didn't even see it until I was editing the video! Try to watch in full scree@ 1080 dp resolution!

Nice videos.
Here, in the U.K., we have a blanket permission to take off from beaches if it is 'Crown Estate' (very nice of the queen to grant us that). Beach Crown Estate is that part of the beach exposed between low tide and mean high tide. In other words, any bit of land that can be covered at high tide. There is a lot of it but some degree of sense should be used. Not a good idea to take off too near to colonies of birds nesting on cliffs for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone