Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My solution to the Smart toggle issue.

Reaction score
While I have not flown my H much yet I have been reading about guys switching the smart/angle/RTH toggle by mistake.

So I was bored and thought of something that I thought would be cool and would not effect the ST16, like turning the mode off in software etc...

So here is what I did and it seems pretty cool.

Edit: I removed the old design photos and added the final version ones.

I got a small (smallest size I had) binder clip then used one of the metal grip parts.

Consider this picture as steps 1 through 4.

Edit: The clip on the right in that picture is slightly wrong as I now use the other end of the binder clip. Just looks better, works either way.

I simply bent the prongs that hold it into the binder clip to point inward instead of outward. Then just bent it near those prongs enough to slide in under the nut that holds the toggle in place.
20160618_130115.jpg

I removed the toggles support nut.

20160618_130217.jpg

It then slides under the nut with no alteration at all for that part.

That small binder clip turned out to be the perfect length to be higher than the toggle which is prefect. It sits closer then it looks, it is close enough to prevent you from hitting the toggle by mistake if you are reaching for the landing gear switch etc...

You have to make the effort to change the toggle. Your thumb wants to sit on top of this bracket and not the toggle itself. It does work.

It is also easily removed if you need to send the unit back or just don't want it anymore.

I know it is simple and basic but it will work for me so I thought I would share. i:)i

I flew a bit a few times and so far it has worked perfect. My thumb has rested on the bracket but never hit the toggle until I wanted to.
20160621_213016.jpg20160621_214727.jpg 20160621_214747.jpg

I also made one for the power button just to do. I know you have to press it for a few seconds but it protects the button a bit and it looks cool there, and looking cool is part of the game here right? i:)i
20160621_212218.jpg

Last edited:
If it works for you heh. I have a Q500+ with smart mode and my TH w/smart mode. It only takes once to mistakenly bump it and I guarantee you won't do it again.

Reactions: Eightfooticeman
I am sure it is a mistake you learn from but I can see that being switched if you go to use the landing gear toggle or OA and was looking more at the drone in the air.

As I said I was bored. i:)i
It can be easy to hit that toggle if you are looking at the drone and try to turn obstacle avoidance on etc.. This just avoids that.

I do like that it looks like it came with the ST16. i:)i

Just fun sometimes to find simple solutions to problems.

Last edited:
Newer St16's have shorter levers --

They don't look much shorter to me but even if they are this would still work great. It simply avoids accidentally hitting that toggle switch while you are busy working all of the controls. Normally it is easy to hit it by mistake and that is what users worry about. With the guard on you hit that instead. You have to purposely slide your finger down next to it to change the toggle and that is what I wanted.

Sometimes the simple solutions are best.

They don't look much shorter to me but even if they are this would still work great. It simply avoids accidentally hitting that toggle switch while you are busy working all of the controls. Normally it is easy to hit it by mistake and that is what users worry about. With the guard on you hit that instead. You have to purposely slide your finger down next to it to change the toggle and that is what I wanted.

Sometimes the simple solutions are best.
Its my picture angle but ther are much better now , stiffer , shorter, keeps from accidental flipping LOL

Its my picture angle but ther are much better now , stiffer , shorter, keeps from accidental flipping LOL

Glad to see they addressed it. I personally would still put the guard on anyway if I had that version. I love the way it looks and it still could not hurt to have it on there. I may put one on the other side as well just to do. I always loved the way metal brackets near switches look.

To each his own. i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval