Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My trips out to the Crowsnest Pass

Reaction score
On Saturday, I made my second trip to the Crowsnest Pass. There is a Public Land Use zone there Allsion -Chinook. One section you can reach had a family having a cookout. About 15 people. Even though there is room,I don't want to interrupt what might be a special occasion for them. We turned around and took the other fork. it leads to the Atlas Staging Area, for snowmobiles in the winter, quads in the summer. I asked the couple of people there if they minded if I flew on the other side. They said sure, they would be gone soon anyways. Great!. We unloaded the H case (hardcase I purchased) set up the H and turned everything on. H had 18 satellites, controller had 15 satellites. Took off checked all controls. H responded great. Everything a OK. I flew up and took off towards the north, towards the nearest mountain. After about 8 minutes of playing around, William (my Eldest Son) asked me "Is that an eagle?"o_O Yes, that was an eagle flying circles above my H. Now, the H is big, but I am certain that even though I retreated back down, as he followed me, I got lucky. I think he was just curious. If he had wanted, he could have snatched my H out of the sky and taken it home. Instead, he followed it, flew around for 10 minutes above us to the north then disappeared. ? I think I was given a warning. If it had been a month or so later, when they had eggs, I might not have been so lucky. I flew all 5 of my batteries as my Son read his book in the car (not a drone enthusiast..... yet!). I had a great time, got some great photos, learned how to do a panorama and even got distracted by the fun at one point. I was flying away from myself toward the mountain, paying attention to the pan I was doing.... wait, does that really sad 649 M (2130 ft) from me???? Ok, time to go up and trip RTH. I can really get lost in our hobby, but want to be responsible. We are only supposed to go 500 M (1640 ft) from ourselves until June 1st. I shrunk the photo's to accommodate people with slower bandwidth. Good day to all, and good flying!

Nice pano Chuck! Reminds me of my years in Denver, CO and our weekend daytrips into the mountains.

Good to have your son along, even if he’s not into drones (yet!).

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Thank you. I tried reading the official manual to learn first....no mention of pano. Ok time to pull out the unofficial manual. Yes, there it is. William asked me "Aren't you worried the drone will crash while you read. Nope, got a good GPS lock!" It was just after this he went in the car to read his book. I hope to entice him into our hobby, maybe give him my Q500 4K. Don't know until you try! I have some videos but are too tired to post them to YouTube yet. Maybe tomorrow? if my Granddaughter gives me some time. Have a good evening all. It is great to have such a wonderful group of people to chat with.

Give your Granddaughter the time! Much more important and precious. Of course they are also more of a handful, to bad we can’t tap that well of energy.

We will still want to see footage sometime soon.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
The tower shown in one of the photos on the mountain top is where i used to work occasionally. I loved it up there. it is perched around 7 M (20 FT) from a drop off of about 200 M (600 FT). You take a narrow, windy road up the back of the mountain, through a locked gate (to keep out the looky-loo's) and continue up the mountain. Takes around 40 minutes to drive up, but the view is spectacular. I volunteered for every network up there, much to the joy of those who hated it up there. (Bring your own water, food). I brought those, and the music too. I took my Ipod and dock everywhere. Here you are looking at the back of the mountain.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
I added a photo collage, as well as a video of my trip to the Crowsnest Pass. Not to experienced with videos, so, don't jump on me too hard. I will improve. The subject matter is, well, enchanting. I love the pass

I like how you took advantage of the 360-deg gimbal, rotating slowly while flying forward. That's something you can't easily do with most other drone cameras. Shooting sideways gives a nice 3D effect as near objects move through the view faster than far objects. That's something you don't get shooting straight ahead or panning with a tripod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval