Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My typhoon h just turns off randomly and malfunctions mid flight. Constant warnings

Reaction score
My typhoon h is so messed up and confusing. It went from working perfectly to a mess in no time. First it was motor malfunction. fixed it and was fine for a day or two, then compass calibration land immediatly all the time. then gps started randomly going out making it scary to fly. recently its gps, compass, and it will throw in a motor error and almost drop out of the sky. yesterday it did just that. now my h just shuts off whenever it wants and it dropped right after take off and busted my camera and the landing gear and who knows what else. i hook it up to the gui and it says eveything is fine but then the gs will go out and then it will just sut off. im soooooo lucky it has not fallen out of the sky and killed someone. I have put so much time and money into this drone and now its not even fun to fly it. im a photographer and have now become a drone repair man. Im constantly scared that its going to break and it does which heightens the fear even more. i want to give up as i have so man plans lined up for shoots and location but have no confidence in the machine anymore. I almost just want to buy a dji because the reliability, and i hate dji. but i guess i have to because there is just too many things to even discuss and begin fixing. i mean what do you even say about someting like this. if i fix one issue at a time im scared something else will go wrong. HELP!!!!

WOW DJI for reliability its obvious that you have not been to the DJI forum please believe they have they problems also!!!!! you will see more so because the company has been around longer and have more people with units which brings more problems I am sorry you are having probelms with your bird and yes it does happen no matter what company it is. Please do your homework and you will see all drone companies have theire problems on way or the other and just thinking that you choose to go with a company and that you will not have any problems.......... Well I hope that works out good for you.

First thing,
1) Please upload your telemetry files here. Change the extension on the file name to .TXT (can not upload a CSV file)
2) Have you contacted Yuneec about your issues?

I'm surprised this is your first post regarding problems you are having. How long have you had the H? Was it a used model or new?
And, as @BobW55 says, please post your telemetry.

I have only had the bird for about three months and im starting to believe im a sucker due to the fact that i bought it off somebody online. im an experienced pilot but never i have always flown cheaperr models for my begining years. this is the first one where i put down a good chunk of change. im a photographer morphing into the drone zone. i have little experience when it comes to quality and reliability. so i thank you guys for your input,.

when everything was working well i absolutely loved the h. my friend has the phantom and flying with him i was truly happy i went with the h over the phantom. especially from the photography side, the h just works better for what i do. plus a couplt motors have failed already and she stil made it home. thats awesome.

can anyone please explain to me how i would load my telemetry on the post? thanks
Sure can. Turn on the ST16, connect it to your computer using the USB charging cable. The ST will appear as a new drive. Double click the internal storage and then open the flightlog directory. Then open the telemetry folder. Each flight is added with a new number. The highest number is the most recent flight. Copy that file to your computer and then add .txt to the end of the file name. Then you can upload it here.

I recently been reading the Inspire, Mac, and DJI phantom forms. Upland is correct DJI has a whole lot more issues. Makes me thankful I have the H.

I have a dji product. I like updates but **** they are killing me. Too many updates says you can’t figure something out. My spark had had 4 updates in a month. Went from fine, interference detection. You name it. Then it was fine again I went to fly 3 days ago and boom another update. It was 20 degrees so I wasn’t feeling the wait time. Now guess what? Weak image transmission all the time. Otg cable or not. So wait for another **** update. That’s annoying. Seeing that 5-10 feet away from the tx

Reactions: Steve Carr
today my drone fell from the sky and its a total loss. if anyone can help in the area of helping me find out went went wrong please and thank you. Im down loading my telematry.

Thanks and happy holidays

Attachments

• 12-25-2017TyphoonH.txt.pdf
    12.6 MB · Views: 21
today my drone fell from the sky and its a total loss. if anyone can help in the area of helping me find out went went wrong please and thank you. Im down loading my telematry.
Thanks and happy holidays
I'd be happy to help, but that file is not the raw telemetry file. We need the file with the name telemetry_0000125.csv or similar to that. Then just add the .txt to the file name to upload it.

The DJI products work well when they work.[emoji16]
I have a phantom 1 and a 2 I came by both the same way. They were someone's fly-away. The 2 landed on my roof and the 1 I got from a friend that found it in his yard. They stop flying away when you take their receivers out and put a Futaba rx in them [emoji6]. Then they are a pretty good drone

I can’t understand why anyone having as many issues as mentioned by the OP would continue flying such an aircraft. Hmmmm.

I believe the OP has determined the H was likely defective when he bought it used. In another post he is shopping for a replacement H so I presume he will be using the ST16 and camera to continue using his kit.

I believe the OP has determined the H was likely defective when he bought it used. In another post he is shopping for a replacement H so I presume he will be using the ST16 and camera to continue using his kit.

I just don’t understand why anyone would “shop” for any replacements. Unless Yuneec has pulled the availability, the low cost of bind and fly units direct for the manufacturer makes “shopping” for any other deals a waste of time.

Or perhaps my personal experience with the above mentioned “BNF” option was a fluke?

Jeff

P.S. or should of I have said “The above is the account of one very satisfied Yuneec customer and may not represent all experiences.”

P.p.s: my BNF hull is still logging the most flight time of my two hull fleet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMDudley