Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My typhoon h just turns off randomly and malfunctions mid flight. Constant warnings

Unless Yuneec has pulled the availability, the low cost of bind and fly units direct for the manufacturer makes “shopping” for any other deals a waste of time.
So what BNF units are you referring to? I only see the whole kit for sale at $799 which drops to $640 with the coupon.

So what BNF units are you referring to? I only see the whole kit for sale at $799 which drops to $640 with the coupon.

Hi Steve,

Last spring 2017) I talked to Yuneec sales directly. At that time they had options of: hull only, hull plus battery, hull plus camera, hull plus camera plus battery. The cost was likely around the $640 for the last option. No idea if still available now but worth a call. Hopefully the cost is reflective of recent reductions.

That $640 for a whole kit is hard to resist I might add (to include the ST-16).

Jeff

Thank you guys for the input as you probably could guess I am new to this and I am learning your recommendations are appreciated and I just don't know where to go from here thank you. And yes it should not have flown it in the condition it was in. Learning experience glad someone didn't get hurt. Move on

Thank you guys for the input as you probably could guess I am new to this and I am learning your recommendations are appreciated and I just don't know where to go from here thank you. And yes it should not have flown it in the condition it was in. Learning experience glad someone didn't get hurt. Move on
Check your messages. It's the envelope icon to the right of your name above in the title bar.

I did have a question for whoever it might apply too. I successfully modified the antenna on the H and got a nice solid extended-range and it works very well. I was wondering if you can boost the GPS signaling because that's what was going out more abundantly in the end

A few things GPS receivers don’t like; heat and RMI. So Yuneec placed the GPS antenna directly over a heat source, a discharging battery, ran the primary power wires under the antenna, and has the board co-located with multiple ESC’s. If you were to build your own you would do none of those things.

I have a dji product. I like updates but **** they are killing me. Too many updates says you can’t figure something out. My spark had had 4 updates in a month. Went from fine, interference detection. You name it. Then it was fine again I went to fly 3 days ago and boom another update. It was 20 degrees so I wasn’t feeling the wait time. Now guess what? Weak image transmission all the time. Otg cable or not. So wait for another **** update. That’s annoying. Seeing that 5-10 feet away from the tx
Last time my P2V+ was updated was summer 2015 and last time I flew it was early November this year...indeed I regularly still fly it but not this last few weeks because of the weather. Mind you, since it is, essentially, an obsolete aircraft (discontinued shortly after dji launched the P3 range) it has not been supported by firmware updates. The good side to this is that since dji are ignoring the existence of the P2V+ and not updating with firmware, it isn't suffering from the latter issues surrounding updates and, indeed, the data collection thing.

BTW, I'll be retiring it soon. not because there's anything wrong with it, but because my batteries for it are now long in the tooth and I suspect there's not that many good cycles left in them...I can't get replacements.

Last time my P2V+ was updated was summer 2015 and last time I flew it was early November this year...indeed I regularly still fly it but not this last few weeks because of the weather. Mind you, since it is, essentially, an obsolete aircraft (discontinued shortly after dji launched the P3 range) it has not been supported by firmware updates. The good side to this is that since dji are ignoring the existence of the P2V+ and not updating with firmware, it isn't suffering from the latter issues surrounding updates and, indeed, the data collection thing.

BTW, I'll be retiring it soon. not because there's anything wrong with it, but because my batteries for it are now long in the tooth and I suspect there's not that many good cycles left in them...I can't get replacements.
Good Idea, I have been burned on bad batteries or just trying to squeeze another run out of them. I see a puffy battery now it gets retired. That sucks about your p2. I was mad when they discontinued the archer 2 rc plane. I had to put it in the bone yard of non flyables. The updates are nice but can cause issues. I can use the otg cable but it will always say image transmission weak. Flys fine but the warning wont go away, then I click on it, it tells me to upgrade camera, wth!!!, Take the cord out and all is fine, but latency lag. So give and you take I guess. Im so happy my Typhoon is finally flying like its suppose.

A few things GPS receivers don’t like; heat and RMI. So Yuneec placed the GPS antenna directly over a heat source, a discharging battery, ran the primary power wires under the antenna, and has the board co-located with multiple ESC’s. If you were to build your own you would do none of those things.
Good to know, thanks

Hi Steve,

Last spring 2017) I talked to Yuneec sales directly. At that time they had options of: hull only, hull plus battery, hull plus camera, hull plus camera plus battery. The cost was likely around the $640 for the last option. No idea if still available now but worth a call. Hopefully the cost is reflective of recent reductions.

That $640 for a whole kit is hard to resist I might add (to include the ST-16).

Jeff
I talked to yuneec sales and they will sell a bind and fly item for $499

WOW DJI for reliability its obvious that you have not been to the DJI forum please believe they have they problems also!!!!! you will see more so because the company has been around longer and have more people with units which brings more problems I am sorry you are having probelms with your bird and yes it does happen no matter what company it is. Please do your homework and you will see all drone companies have theire problems on way or the other and just thinking that you choose to go with a company and that you will not have any problems.......... Well I hope that works out good for you.

Possibly intermittent battery installation problems/connections..???

I have a q500 for way over 2 years not a problem except for after market batteries I've had my H for 1 year system failure, yuneec rebuilted it i have the new firmware its a beautiful machine I love it so far everything is good I would like to own a second one never buy a second hand TH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder