Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H won’t land

Did another 2 flights where I was especially monitoring the landing situation. Having checked my ST-16's hardware monitor and confirmed that all my sticks were reaching full travel, I did not see the need to follow Yuneec's advice and recalibrate the ST-16, so I didn't. I just went flying again to see what would happen, although I chose an especially deserted field to do it in, in case anything went seriously wrong. And nothing did go seriously wrong, but I wouldn't call it 'predictably right' either !

Flight 1: Started from cold (1st flight of day), and took off to 30 ft, LG up, did a quick few laps of the area, and brought it back for a test landing after less than a minute. Hovered / stabilised at 30 ft or so, then Landing Gear Down, moved left stick down smoothly, held it at Max, and watched. Craft moved downwards incredibly slowly, seemingly unrelated to amount of stick input, maintained that all the way down, but did land OK, with very minimal bouncing. Took off again, and did a normal flight, and on landing the second time I noted that we had the regular landing pattern - stick-related descent until about 18 ft then a slowing down, and slightly bouncy landing. Altimeter said we took off at -1.5 ft and reading was -1.3 ft when I landed, although it wasn't at exactly the same spot on the field, so not sure if this was accurate or not. But it does tell me that the altimeter is not WAY off.

Flight 2: Did a normal, 15 minute flight on this battery, went nice and high, flew everywhere, but bought it back a little early for landing in case I had problems. Again, parked it at 30 ft, and left stick down. This time we went down very fast, with seemingly no slowing at all as we approached ground, so I backed off the stick to try and slow it myself, which did work. I brought it down to 2 ft above ground level, and now started getting the oft-reported ground drift, despite solid purple lights and apparently solid GPS. But we have the cheat-sheet for that, so jumped up to 30 ft again, waited for stabilization, then tried again. That solved the drift, and we came down in a perfectly straight line again, with maximum stick input, but again, no slowing down as we approached ground level, so again, had to control it myself. Another slightly bouncy landing (not close to tipping though) and we were down OK.

Well that's a lot of contradictory stuff going on there, and I don't really know what to make of any of it ! But I'll keep reporting my ongoing findings here in case people are noticing similar behaviour in their own H's

Last edited:
Were you flying in turtle or rabbit during landings?
Rabbit all the way. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have screwed with the rates for rudder, aileron and elevator, but throttle remains as factory preset...

You should always create a seperate model to adjust those settings.
I would create a new model and bind it to the H... This one should have default expos.

You should always create a seperate model to adjust those settings.
I would create a new model and bind it to the H... This one should have default expos.

Thank you. Yes I did do that in a new model. But I can't be doing with the standard rates - I need better response than that - ELEV and AIL are far too twitchy around the centreline, and it's the slowest yaw of any aircraft I've ever seen until you sort that out ! As I remember default yaw stick didn't even send 100% at the travel limits ! Also fairly sure this is unrelated to the landing problems, my throttle curve remains unchanged.

Last edited:
All I was suggesting was to try it on original expos. To see if the problem persists.
If it does then you will have to do the contact cleaner on the pots of both sticks.

Thank you. Yes I did do that in a new model. But I can't be doing with the standard rates - I need better response than that - ELEV and AIL are far too twitchy around the centreline, and it's the slowest yaw of any aircraft I've ever seen until you sort that out ! As I remember default yaw stick didn't even send 100% at the travel limits ! Also fairly sure this is unrelated to the landing problems, my throttle curve remains unchanged.
I adjusted the rate curve on the left joystick to give me a little more of a dead spot in the center and a sharper curve downwards . Seems to work okay for me

This has happened to me on several occasions over a period of the last 2 years. It is always scary and I can't remember if there was anything that worked to get it down. I was finally able to get it within a hands reach but not sure why it happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430