Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ND Filter

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at the pro's and cons of Q500 4K and the Phantom 3. From watching many youtube video's the Q500 4k video looks waay too overexposed on sunny days and the Phantom 3 has the advantage of putting in different ND Filters to fit that day's sun exposure. Since I'm located in the Denver area and it's sunny almost everyday, having control of what ND filter I use on my camera is a big deal for getting the right exposure. I see that Yuneec give us one a one stop ND filter although that is still not enough for most sunny days here in Denver. Are there any filters available for the Q500 4K getting 2 or 3 stops?

I'm seriously looking at the pro's and cons of Q500 4K and the Phantom 3. From watching many youtube video's the Q500 4k video looks waay too overexposed on sunny days and the Phantom 3 has the advantage of putting in different ND Filters to fit that day's sun exposure. Since I'm located in the Denver area and it's sunny almost everyday, having control of what ND filter I use on my camera is a big deal for getting the right exposure. I see that Yuneec give us one a one stop ND filter although that is still not enough for most sunny days here in Denver. Are there any filters available for the Q500 4K getting 2 or 3 stops?
I've noticed the same overexposure on mine with the nd filter in place. I enter a
-1 on the controller before flight if its around noon or extra bright day, and a
-.5 if sun is rising or closer to sunset or if a darker cloudy day. A -2 or -1.5 has darkened the foliage to much...

Reactions: filmguy5
I've noticed the same overexposure on mine with the nd filter in place. I enter a
-1 on the controller before flight if its around noon or extra bright day, and a
-.5 if sun is rising or closer to sunset or if a darker cloudy day. A -2 or -1.5 has darkened the foliage to much...

Thanks Subtle Shots, I appreciate the answer. I will try these same settings and see how it goes-

Any daylight hours I use the nd filter and the -.5 or -1 exposure compensation.
As soon as the sun dips below the horizon, I take the nd filter off and don't add any exposure compensation. Hope this helps.

The thing that led me to buying a Typhoon over the Phantom that all my photog friends use, is the Q500 doesn't have the gawdawful curvature like the fisheye lens on the Phantom.

Reactions: Fleamac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval