Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Near flyaway?

I have not flown my H much at all lately. Very busy this year getting settled into retirement. I took my H up the other day and it all went bad. I let it sit for several minutes,all seemed good except my sattelite acquisition was not the best. kept bouncing around between 12 and 14 on both trans. and drone. It stabilized finally and I took off. I was in my backyard in a small opening say 100 feet. I raised landing gear at about 10 feet and drone started to drift. I keptbringing it back. Still more erratic movements and slow response. Highest I went was about 30 feet,angle mode of course. I decided to land before something happened. I lowered the landing gear and thought I wouls still try to hit my 2foot square landing pad. H was still very confused. Brought it down and missed the pad. The H was now very erratic .I set it down on some slightly uneven ground and it tipped,completely over. I received 5 rotor motor error and it finally responded tothe red button. All happened in the blink of an eye. Not even a broken prop.Cleaned drone and props up and benched it. Here is what happened. Yesterday I was looking over the area where I flew. There was my sensor for a driveway alarm pointing right at me. I use it as a deer alarm for the garden. Then there was the motion detector for the night lights,just a few feet away.After reading all your thoughts and input on this thread I also realized my landing was in turtle mode. All the above were operator error. I believe these sensors interfere with our signals. For those of you having problems at sites in the field, how many times is it possible you could have ran into a customer with sensors allover the place. When nothing else mkes any sense,we must consider these as some kind of interference.After I remove these I am going to try again,,maybe in another day or 2. Keith C.:oops:

I have not flown my H much at all lately. Very busy this year getting settled into retirement. I took my H up the other day and it all went bad. I let it sit for several minutes,all seemed good except my sattelite acquisition was not the best. kept bouncing around between 12 and 14 on both trans. and drone. It stabilized finally and I took off. I was in my backyard in a small opening say 100 feet. I raised landing gear at about 10 feet and drone started to drift. I keptbringing it back. Still more erratic movements and slow response. Highest I went was about 30 feet,angle mode of course. I decided to land before something happened. I lowered the landing gear and thought I wouls still try to hit my 2foot square landing pad. H was still very confused. Brought it down and missed the pad. The H was now very erratic .I set it down on some slightly uneven ground and it tipped,completely over. I received 5 rotor motor error and it finally responded tothe red button. All happened in the blink of an eye. Not even a broken prop.Cleaned drone and props up and benched it. Here is what happened. Yesterday I was looking over the area where I flew. There was my sensor for a driveway alarm pointing right at me. I use it as a deer alarm for the garden. Then there was the motion detector for the night lights,just a few feet away.After reading all your thoughts and input on this thread I also realized my landing was in turtle mode. All the above were operator error. I believe these sensors interfere with our signals. For those of you having problems at sites in the field, how many times is it possible you could have ran into a customer with sensors allover the place. When nothing else mkes any sense,we must consider these as some kind of interference.After I remove these I am going to try again,,maybe in another day or 2. Keith C.:oops:
These guys have been great helping me troubleshoot whats going on with my H. I didn't think the buildings or the trees would cause that much interference. By the sounds of it those sensors may as well. I am going to recalibrate my compass and my accelerometer and try again. Combined with the tips given by the guys on this thread i hope it will be resolved. Good luck with your endeavor.

Reactions: Mike Irish
So i had a break in the weather and went out to the park to do a calibration on my compass and accelerometer. They keep failing and I and up with a solid white light. I came home and set it up on my kitchen table and tried to do just a camera gimbal calibration. My controller vibrated and told me to land immediately in angle mode. I didn't have my rotors on or anything. Any thoughts?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
So i had a break in the weather and went out to the park to do a calibration on my compass and accelerometer. They keep failing and I and up with a solid white light. I came home and set it up on my kitchen table and tried to do just a camera gimbal calibration. My controller vibrated and told me to land immediately in angle mode. I didn't have my rotors on or anything. Any thoughts?
Did the message say what the error was? For instance, something like "Compass warning Please Land in angle mode immediately"? (I don't remember if there was more to the message.) If the message actually stated compass warning, it might be because the calibrations failed. (Or it could be a bad compass/GPS board, or a bad connector, or a bad FC board.) But before getting too deep into it, the first step would be to try the compass calibration again. No need to go to the park just to see if it will work. If it works, you can go to the park later to get a better calibration.

I remove the camera and props, and rotate the drone LEFT between the indicated positions. Also, I believe the magnetic declination for your area means you should point about 15 degrees to the right of compass (magnetic) north. 15 degrees is about halfway between the 12 and the 1 on a clock.

Did the message say what the error was? For instance, something like "Compass warning Please Land in angle mode immediately"? (I don't remember if there was more to the message.) If the message actually stated compass warning, it might be because the calibrations failed. (Or it could be a bad compass/GPS board, or a bad connector, or a bad FC board.) But before getting too deep into it, the first step would be to try the compass calibration again. No need to go to the park just to see if it will work. If it works, you can go to the park later to get a better calibration.

I remove the camera and props, and rotate the drone LEFT between the indicated positions. Also, I believe the magnetic declination for your area means you should point about 15 degrees to the right of compass (magnetic) north. 15 degrees is about halfway between the 12 and the 1 on a clock.
Cannot get the compass to calibrate. Keep getting the "Compass Warning! Land in Angle Mode Immediately!" message. I am truly perplexed.

For the compass calibration I use my phone set for magnetic north to find where magnetic north is. I then stand with the drone facing magnetic north in front of me and start the calibration. With the blinking pair of lights in each hand rotate the drone away from you with a steady rotation. You should get a beep within a couple of rotations and the next pair of lights will come up. Keep the rotations steady and try to complete the calibration in less than a minute (usually 30 to 40 seconds).

Be sure to keep your smart phone and smart watch or fitness band at least 10 feet away while doing the calibration. Same thing with the ST16.

The accelerometer calibration can be done indoors on as perfectly level surface as possible. It probably doesn’t matter, but I always find true north using my phone set for pointing to true north and align the TH so the nose is pointing in that direction during the accelerometer calibration.

Don’t feel bad about the hoppy landing. I had it happen to me when flying at my Dad’s house in 2019. Had good GPS before takeoff and during the flight. My base was in about a 25 foot clearing between the house and a yard full of tall trees. On landing after the second flight it got a little gusty and just as I touched down the TH started to tilt and hopped toward the fence around one of the gardens. In a more open area I would have gave it full throttle and lifted off again, but if I tried there I would have flew right into the fence. My pride was damaged as the TH flipped onto its back and a couple props dug into the lawn. Luckily a damp rag to wipe dirt from the props and some dental floss to reseat the dampers on the CGO3+ were all the repairs that were needed. Hand catch is the order of the day in those circumstances now. BTW all takeoffs and landings are done in rabbit mode as you have full range of power and control in that mode. The proper term is the rate slider and its actual function is to control the upper and lower limits of your control inputs. In turtle position you only have 80% when the sticks are at full deflection. So full down throttle in turtle position does not let the motors idle down enough to stop lift.

No, it went full white for failure. I couldn't even get the camera gimbal to calibrate.
It's possible the GPS module has failed (although that is very rare). The compass is part of the GPS module.
I suggest you download the GUI from yuneec (Downloads - Yuneec)
Then connect the H to your computer to run the diagnostics:

Reactions: DoomMeister
I run the GUI on windows 10. It works fine.

Just for the heck of it I thought I would run the GUI.
The man in the video was correct I have Windows 10 I could not get it to work.
I wonder if there's an updated GUI that will work with Windows 10 does anybody know ?
Hey Keith.I have read on here several times that some have trouble loading the GUI from yuneec website,on windows 10. I too had trouble with my windows 10 laptop. I decided to go ahead and load the second offerred download, the one listed on the same page same column. It says ,need to load ,,or required 2017 visual C++ Redistributable. So I loaded it and loaded the gui next and it worked just fine. I don't know what this is or was but it worked for me. Can anyone explain this or what it is?? Keith I would try this. You can always delete it. Hoping maybe this can help someone else. Looking for Steve Carr or wtfd or doom,,, or another smart guy who can maybe explain this. Keith C.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval