Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Neck straps/ lanyards

Just found this thread. I have owned the advanced model for a little while now and have been using the strap that came with the ST16, but I'm not totally confident with the strap and the connections. I would love to know if there is anyone out there that has come up with an alternative strap.

For example, for all my other multi rotors, I use a Futaba radio with a transmitter tray and next strap and this is the sort of thing I would like to be able to use with the ST16 as well. I have attached a generic image to hopefully highlight what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Secraft_V1_TX_RTRay_2.jpg
    Secraft_V1_TX_RTRay_2.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: BlackHawk
Just found this thread. I have owned the advanced model for a little while now and have been using the strap that came with the ST16, but I'm not totally confident with the strap and the connections. I would love to know if there is anyone out there that has come up with an alternative strap.

For example, for all my other multi rotors, I use a Futaba radio with a transmitter tray and next strap and this is the sort of thing I would like to be able to use with the ST16 as well. I have attached a generic image to hopefully highlight what I am talking about.

I see what you mean. I do have the 4 point Yuneec strap and it is very secure, very adjustable and does not get in my way. I like it.

Reactions: abinder
A while ago I was looking for a more comfortable lanyard than the one included with the H. I'm a big guy and the thin-ish lanyard would dig into my neck. I also disliked the way it rubbed into the screen. Searching on fleabay I found these. Ordered one for my P3 and wrote the seller about possibly making a 4 point one. He/she was awesome and sent me one with a custom 4 point extension. The extension had 2 long connections and 2 short ones so that it would make up for the way the controller lays. After some experimentation I cut off the 2 shorter ones and placed the long ones into the bottom lanyard studs on the ST16. I absolutely love it. Ended up ordering a few for my other TXs and for use as key chain lanyards. First pic is the seller's, the other two are my controller.
s-l300.jpg 20160909_202734.jpg 20160909_202756.jpg

Reactions: photomike72
Boomcaster - do you have a link to these on fleabay? This isn't exactly what I am looking for but I still wouldn't mind ordering one to try. Really wish there was a way that I could use my current Seacraft strap but it just doesn't seem possible.

Boomcaster - do you have a link to these on fleabay? This isn't exactly what I am looking for but I still wouldn't mind ordering one to try. Really wish there was a way that I could use my current Seacraft strap but it just doesn't seem possible.
It appears the seller is sold out at the moment but send them a PM they were super nice. I'm sure you could let him/her know which color combo you want. Make sure to mention that you need the 4 point extension for the H, "like the guy from PR that bought a couple a few months ago". Seller's name is ferralium_99
http://m.ebay.com/itm/191881976400

A while ago I was looking for a more comfortable lanyard than the one included with the H. I'm a big guy and the thin-ish lanyard would dig into my neck. I also disliked the way it rubbed into the screen. Searching on fleabay I found these. Ordered one for my P3 and wrote the seller about possibly making a 4 point one. He/she was awesome and sent me one with a custom 4 point extension. The extension had 2 long connections and 2 short ones so that it would make up for the way the controller lays. After some experimentation I cut off the 2 shorter ones and placed the long ones into the bottom lanyard studs on the ST16. I absolutely love it. Ended up ordering a few for my other TXs and for use as key chain lanyards. First pic is the seller's, the other two are my controller.
View attachment 2974 View attachment 2975 View attachment 2976

Where'd you get the hooks?

Included by the lanyard maker. I had honestly never seen them before but they work out great.

Sweet, reaching out to them now.

Any way I can reference you when I contact them? Will they know what I'm talking about if I ask for the custom extension?

Arnhem,

I use the Secraft tray with other radios and the neck strap that is provided with the H. So far (70+ flights) I've found the H strap secure and comfortable to use. The strap connection positions well stabilize the transmitter while maintaining a well balanced and level position that feels natural in your hands. There has been no evidence to suggest the H strap will separate from the mounts. The catches appear to provide much better attachment security than what I have experienced with single catch neck straps. In ways I like the neck strap better than the Secraft tray. The strap is certainly much lighter and less fragile.

The only negative I have found is the strap does cause the sun shade pins to become dislodged from time to time if you move around a lot. More of an occasional nuisance than an issue. Yuneec might consider looking into a more secure means of affixing the sun shade to the transmitter rather than changing anything with the neck strap.

The only negative I have found is the strap does cause the sun shade pins to become dislodged from time to time if you move around a lot. More of an occasional nuisance than an issue. Yuneec might consider looking into a more secure means of affixing the sun shade to the transmitter rather than changing anything with the neck strap.

Yep, the sun shade pins are a joke. I bought the Shade widely available that uses Velcro. I was fearful the Velcro on the H would be a problem, but it is not. In addition, this Shade provides more "shade", and you still have room to tap the screen.

Boomcaster, sent him a note, will let y'all know what they reply back.

Thanks!

I received a reply from the seller. They are currently packing and moving. The straps should be back up on their store (fleabay) by the 12th of this month.

Reactions: photomike72

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval