Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help, Done says Controlled by another device

Reaction score
Mantis Q has been working great since Christmas 2019. Took out today connected with no issues. After a few minutes camera locked in flight. landed with no issue and after shutting down everything iPhone now says in app Drone Connected To Another Device. I uninstalled Yunnec app, charged everything fully and still same issue. Any ideas?? feedback much appreciated

Mantis Q has been working great since Christmas 2019. Took out today connected with no issues. After a few minutes camera locked in flight. landed with no issue and after shutting down everything iPhone now says in app Drone Connected To Another Device. I uninstalled Yunnec app, charged everything fully and still same issue. Any ideas?? feedback much appreciated

Is it safe to assume you reinstalled the Yuneec app?

What happens when you try to connect by scanning the QR code? Or is that when you get the message?

Another trick might be to turn off the wireless for your phone, then turn back on.

Can’t say I’ve tried the QR code scan with wireless off, but might be worth a try to see what happens. Might give some clues.

Also, give google a try if you haven’t already. Search on the message you get, or portions of it. Might get lucky.

Good luck!

Jeff

Thanks for the reply, yes wiped everything and when scanning QR code it just says binding but then says can not bind yet when i try manually it shows my drone is binded. Freaking weird. I will try your other suggestions and if no good i will call Yunnec on Monday and report back to you all. Thanks again

Reactions: Steve Carr
Place your phone in airplane mode, then try binding to the controller. The Mantis is very likely binding to the phone’s WiFi before the controller can.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey Steve, thank you for the reply. I unbound then followed your recommendation. No success. I attached a few images to add some color to my issue20200209_104854.jpg20200209_104819.jpg20200209_104751.jpg

Turn off the controller and turn on WiFi on the phone. Access the WiFi list in phone settings and see if you can connect with the Mantis. If you can’t connect with the phone something else is automatically connecting to the Mantis AP. Another phone, a smart watch, tablet, etc.

thank you, I followed your guidance and you can see when I powered on Drone I can see Mantis and connect. I then turn on controller and open app on phone and get that message again. I appreciate all you guys so thanks for trying 20200209_155223.jpg

Ok, that means the Mantis WiFi is free to bind when the phone WiFi is off. So turn off the phone’s WiFi and try rebinding with the controller. Make sure the USB cable connects the phone and controller so you get the video feed from the camera on the screen.

Thanks again guys, tried that with WiFi off. You can see in image I get binding failed, ahhhhhh poo. 20200210_174805.jpg

I did call support at Yuneec and check this out. I had to make an appointment to speak with a technical representative. Next available time is Wednesday.....LOL. I will circle back and update you all after I speak with them and let them troubleshoot it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Customer Support is down to one person for all of the US and likely all of North America. Have all of your ducks in a row for your appointment time. You will have 15 glorious minutes to get everything done.

Hope all goes well for you!

FOLLOWING UP, I spoke with tech on scheduled call today. Tech asked a few questions and then stated he's seen this as software issue. He is having me send drone in for service under warranty. Not what I expected but as long as it gets resolved. Thank you all for your help.

FOLLOWING UP, I spoke with tech on scheduled call today. Tech asked a few questions and then stated he's seen this as software issue. He is having me send drone in for service under warranty. Not what I expected but as long as it gets resolved. Thank you all for your help.
Did he give you an expected turn around time for this warranty repair? Their are members that have been waiting months for their equipment to be repaired/replaced under warranty. It has been 4 months since KAV Service sent all remaining warranty work to Vertigo Drones in NY or Ascend Services LLC in Chino, CA. People are still waiting on their drones.

The tech support person said they opened a new service center and I could expect 3 weeks turn around. Fingers crossed as I kiteboard and season is starting soon, need that epic video...lol

Hey , how about your problem with drone ??? I had same problem and looking for feedback from internet to fix it and I saw your post :)))

Hey , how about your problem with drone ??? I had same problem and looking for feedback from internet to fix it and I saw your post :)))
Connect your controller and your phone via the appropriate USB data cable. Turn on the controller and open the Yuneec Pilot app on your phone. At this point it will show “Disconnected” select “Disconnected” and on the next screen select “Skip”. At the Main screen select the Settings (gear) icon, then select the Controller icon.
B2B6894C-9D06-4625-852E-562D8137209B.jpeg
Scroll to the bottom and select RC Binding. If there is a drone bound select the “Unbind” icon.
E03CA72A-E0B1-4F2B-99C0-70E10504B17C.jpeg
Now power up your Mantis Q and after it initializes select the Search. It may take a few seconds, but your Mantis should appear. Select it and the RC will bind to it.
74D092B3-E2DD-462F-8092-4BA686B558E8.jpeg
You may still need to scan the barcode to connect the phone’s WiFi or enter the password manually.

Reactions: Jennyxinh
Kết nối bộ điều khiển và điện thoại của bạn qua cáp dữ liệu USB thích hợp. Bật bộ điều khiển và mở ứng dụng Yuneec Pilot trên điện thoại của bạn. Tại thời điểm này, nó sẽ hiển thị “Đã ngắt kết nối” chọn “Đã ngắt kết nối” và trên màn hình tiếp theo chọn “Bỏ qua”. Tại màn hình Chính chọn biểu tượng Cài đặt (bánh răng), sau đó chọn biểu tượng Bộ điều khiển.
View attachment 27421
Cuộn xuống dưới cùng và chọn RC Binding. Nếu có một máy bay không người lái bị ràng buộc, hãy chọn biểu tượng “Bỏ liên kết”.
View attachment 27422
Bây giờ, hãy kích hoạt Mantis Q của bạn và sau khi nó khởi chạy, hãy chọn Tìm kiếm. Có thể mất vài giây, nhưng Bọ ngựa của bạn sẽ xuất hiện. Chọn nó và RC sẽ liên kết với nó.
View attachment 27423
Bạn vẫn có thể cần quét mã vạch để kết nối WiFi của điện thoại hoặc nhập mật khẩu theo cách thủ công.
Thank a lot !!! I will try it tomorrow to see how going on ☺️ Thank you and good night 💤

Reactions: DoomMeister
Kết nối bộ điều khiển và điện thoại của bạn qua cáp dữ liệu USB thích hợp. Bật bộ điều khiển và mở ứng dụng Yuneec Pilot trên điện thoại của bạn. Tại thời điểm này, nó sẽ hiển thị “Đã ngắt kết nối” chọn “Đã ngắt kết nối” và trên màn hình tiếp theo chọn “Bỏ qua”. Tại màn hình Chính chọn biểu tượng Cài đặt (bánh răng), sau đó chọn biểu tượng Bộ điều khiển.
View attachment 27421
Cuộn xuống dưới cùng và chọn RC Binding. Nếu có một máy bay không người lái bị ràng buộc, hãy chọn biểu tượng “Bỏ liên kết”.
View attachment 27422
Bây giờ, hãy kích hoạt Mantis Q của bạn và sau khi nó khởi chạy, hãy chọn Tìm kiếm. Có thể mất vài giây, nhưng Bọ ngựa của bạn sẽ xuất hiện. Chọn nó và RC sẽ liên kết với nó.
View attachment 27423
Bạn vẫn có thể cần quét mã vạch để kết nối WiFi của điện thoại hoặc nhập mật khẩu theo cách thủ công.
I followed what you said but still not working although I can manual connect it with RC . But I can’t see the camera from drone as well and they told me that “ the drone is not connect !!! Or maybe because I bought it from Secondhand shop and they didn’t disconnect before :( otherwise I contacted with them and they told me that I can send them back 😂😅🥲🥲🥲🥲

Attachments

• 690552F0-A381-4972-A87A-6809FDFFDB2D.png
    690552F0-A381-4972-A87A-6809FDFFDB2D.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 9
  • BA660765-00D4-490D-9065-714180BE4083.png
    BA660765-00D4-490D-9065-714180BE4083.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 22D534E2-BEBD-4377-825A-E9571C0D9123.png
    22D534E2-BEBD-4377-825A-E9571C0D9123.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 965A9648-0F74-4380-A740-63279B6CDEB5.png
    965A9648-0F74-4380-A740-63279B6CDEB5.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 8
Good that the RC is connecting. Now is the issue of connecting to the phone WiFi.

Are you using the iOS (Apple) version of the Yuneec Pilot app or the Android version?

If Android, what phone are you using and which version of Android OS?

Are you connecting the phone using the USB-A (larger rectangle connector) on the RC to pair to the phone (cable has to be data capable - not just charging)?

Reactions: Jennyxinh
Good that the RC is connecting. Now is the issue of connecting to the phone WiFi.

Are you using the iOS (Apple) version of the Yuneec Pilot app or the Android version?

If Android, what phone are you using and which version of Android OS?

Are you connecting the phone using the USB-A (larger rectangle connector) on the RC to pair to the phone (cable has to be data capable - not just charging)?
I connect with remote with my iPhone 11, and use the charger of iPhone 11 too and it’s connected well. So my problem is about the charger ??? Because the charger official of drone is usb C and of course it’s not correct with my iPhone 11.

Try connecting with just the iPhone via WiFi. I will have you forget the Mantis WiFi connection that may be stored in the phone’s WiFi settings. I will do this on my iPhone XR and take photos and upload them and the process soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis