Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need tablet info for the Mantis

I see you mentioned not getting disturbed by calls or text with the refurbed phone. By any chance did you ever try the S21 by placing it in airplane mode first so the cellular is off? This can help with older apps sometimes. The other issue that comes to mind is changing port properties in the Android Settings so the port you use for connecting to the Mantis controller looks for data instead of charging.

I see a lot of posts from Android users on the MavicPilots forum that have issues with the Android trying to charge from the controller as well as video feed issues due to port properties prioritizing charging ahead of data.
Yes, tried airplane mode. Didn't appear to make any difference, apart from no calls etc. Never really looked into port priorities...just followed the set up and install for the app, agreeing to permissions etc.

Yes, tried airplane mode. Didn't appear to make any difference, apart from no calls etc. Never really looked into port priorities...just followed the set up and install for the app, agreeing to permissions etc.
The cable that comes with the S21 is USB-C to USB-C. Are you using that, or another that is USB-A to USB-C? The USB-C on the controller is for charging only.

The cable that comes with the S21 is USB-C to USB-C. Are you using that, or another that is USB-A to USB-C? The USB-C on the controller is for charging only.
No, I am using the cable from the Mantis Q kit... USB A to USB C. I have tried other cables also of the same format which I know are data compatible. I intend to look into "USB Debugging" on my phone to check the USB port characteristics as mentioned earlier. Everything points back to the S21 Ultra, as the same set up (Cables etc), with an S9+ works fine

Reactions: DoomMeister
No, I am using the cable from the Mantis Q kit... USB A to USB C. I have tried other cables also of the same format which I know are data compatible. I intend to look into "USB Debugging" on my phone to check the USB port characteristics as mentioned earlier. Everything points back to the S21 Ultra, as the same set up (Cables etc), with an S9+ works fine
It is not just Android and the Mantis having these types of issues. The iOS version of Breeze Cam for the Yuneec Breeze was broken in iOS 14. It will work for one connection to the aircraft, but subsequent attempts cause the app to crash back to the main screen. It has to be deleted and reinstalled to stop the app from crashing.

While Android is very flexible, it also has issues like PC’s running Windows, where running the OS on many different hardware platforms can make software development a nightmare. So Android 12 may be the culprit or the S21, it is hard to say.

Reactions: mickscull
It is not just Android and the Mantis having these types of issues. The iOS version of Breeze Cam for the Yuneec Breeze was broken in iOS 14. It will work for one connection to the aircraft, but subsequent attempts cause the app to crash back to the main screen. It has to be deleted and reinstalled to stop the app from crashing.

While Android is very flexible, it also has issues like PC’s running Windows, where running the OS on many different hardware platforms can make software development a nightmare. So Android 12 may be the culprit or the S21, it is hard to say.
Thanks for your input and knowledge DoomMeister. I will keep comparing the 2 phones I have and if anything comes to light, I will share on here. So glad this resource is here. Thank you

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks! That would be much appreciated.

@mickscull

I came across this over on the MavicPilots forum and you came to mind when I saw it. It may have a bearing on your issues too

Post in thread 'Anyone using the new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G with dji Fly App ?'
Anyone using the new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G with dji Fly App ?
Pointing very strongly towards European S21 Ultra with Exynos chipset, or Android 12, Yuneec Pilot app, and/or combination of all 3. Think we can kiss goodbye to any app updates from Yuneec as they seem not to be interested in low end consumer stuff now. Ah well, at least I have a solution in the refurbished phone, so can continue to use my drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop