Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need tablet info for the Mantis

Reaction score
Hi all ive found the piece needed to attach a tablet to the controller for the Mantis not realizing how difficult it was going to be to find a 7 inch tablet thats compatible with the yuneec pilot app and there is zero info on the web about this closest I could find was tablets compatible with the Breeze and even that was few and far. Any ideas or knowledge from someone flying the Mantis using a tablet connected to the controller would be appreciated.

The tablet has to be iOS 10 or higher, or Android 5 or higher. It must also support WiFi of 802.11ac and have GPS capability.

Thank you for the reply going to give this one a shot i read in the reviews it was being used with other drones with success. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"; 8 GB Wifi Tablet (Black) SM-T280NZKAXAR

Last edited:
Hi and thanks again so this wouldn't work just as an fpv screen id still be flying with the controller. The only reason for the tablet is cause I was victim to the poorly grounded usb c problem with my phone that causes the touch screen to be unresponsive when plugged in which contoller and phone have to be plugged in to work in tandem I believe.

Hi and thanks again so this wouldn't work just as an fpv screen id still be flying with the controller. The only reason for the tablet is cause I was victim to the poorly grounded usb c problem with my phone that causes the touch screen to be unresponsive when plugged in which contoller and phone have to be plugged in to work in tandem I believe.

If you are not using the tablet as flying control it may work, but I would contact Yuneec to be certain before making a purchase. I am not certain on all communication that occurs with the Mantis.

I will also ask to see what Yuneec has to say.

Ill give them a call or do the live chat I really appreciate the feed back.

I have a request for info in the works and hope to know by morning also.

Awesome look forward to seeing the results I already have the tablet adapter for the remote from shapeways.com didn't realize how hard it was going to be to find a tablet tricky part to it had to find a 7inch one to as thats the size the adapter said it would hold.

My contact said it would probably work as the connection is via USB and not WiFi. His only concern was display resolution, but it compares to most phones from what I see. I’m still not sure if everything in the app will function without GPS on the tablet. I’m still waiting for confirmation on GPS.

Awesome well I did order the tablet which according to specs on Amazon it says this model has gps it arrives today and will test it out if everything works well ill post all details if everything works.

GPS is not necessary, but can be used by the app if available. We look forward to hearing how this works for you.

Last edited:
Tablet recieved still waiting on mount piece to arrive for controller on a good note all functions of yuneec pilot app work with no issue while indoors and not flying video appears to be a bit laggy however have not been able to test during flight also may have to use mobile hotspot with gps for maps to work. So all in all I think this will work the mount piece not arriving when expected killed todays test flight as I didn't want to drop a brand new tablet hoping to test tomorrow.

Update mount recieved shapeways website description for size isnt correct. Was not to be defeated rigged it up this way it works if you have a 9 to 10 inch tablet this mount should work without having to rig it this way. 20190427_133835.jpeg20190427_133840.jpeg20190427_133900.jpeg

This was the website description for this mount. Yuneec Mantis Tablet Holder.

Holder to attach tablets to 7 ".
He is just clipped on the top holder. Minium height 122mm, maxium 138mm height

@AZflyer83,

I have searched Yuneec data to try and find the minimum and maximum dimension that the holder on the Mantis Q controller will hold to no avail.

Would you mind taking that measurement and posting it here?

It would also be nice to know the distance that the tablet holder you purchased adds to the holder to accommodate the tablet.

If I were in your place I think I would use a drill or mill bit to cut another slot closer to the top of the holder you purchased making it less likely to break the holder on the controller. I would also question the maker of the holder about their design and the size of tablet they say the holder is for.

So in terms of what the holder will hold my phone is 6 inches and it holds that fully extended. Here are the dimensions of the holder piece Dimensions:

2.76 x 2.64 x 0.71 inches Which great idea ill probably work on drilling the hole out tonight. Also I just got back from flying a bit ago using the tablet flew in sport mode and regular and flew out 300m and flew up and held at 200m. Everything works just like the phone but the lag is pretty noticeable for the type of flying I do the lag wont hinder me to much but will still be looking for a better option.

The video lag comes from a combination of three things: USB throughput, Processor speed, and GPU capabilities. I’m sure your phone is much better in all three areas than the tablet is.

A good place to check on anything you are considering is GSM Arena. They have the best specification database I know of for phones and tablets. gsmareana.com

The video lag comes from a combination of three things: USB throughput, Processor speed, and GPU capabilities. I’m sure your phone is much better in all three areas than the tablet is.

A good place to check on anything you are considering is GSM Arena. They have the best specification database I know of for phones and tablets. gsmareana.com
Im going to check out the gsm website I really do appreciate all the advice youve been a huge help DoomMeister hoping somewhere in these post ive been able to pass on some good info as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval