Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New antenna for the H

You were really moving in that video. I honestly thought it was going to take a plunge ! Good way to get her steady

You were really moving in that video. I honestly thought it was going to take a plunge ! Good way to get her steady

It wasn't me who created this video - this is a video of the power of the antennas by someone else that I wanted to share so people can see the power of these antennas. I bought a pair of them and really feel comfortable with them. It will take me sometime to build confidence to do a distance like this guy did.

OK, so I emailed Horizon about the Antenna specs and got the following reply:
"well the antenna will go a lot further than the UAV can fly , using a lower gain antenna for example the video can go 4km easy .
so its down to the camera and what it puts out , you can only collect more of the signal with better nets on the Pilot and perhaps a mod on the camera to make it better
with an external antenna that does not actually move"

Reactions: Skypicswa
The response i got from Horizon when asking for further details: -

"Hi there ,

We developed these antennas in the Blackhawk range these have proved super good .

So we combined these to work with the typhoon . The weakest part on the typhoon H is the 5.8GHz video link. This has only a small Sp Antenna , the position of these are not set at a good position , the gain being only 1.7 dB on 5.8 GHz, white this new antenna there are two options , 11db and 14dB , this gives a big lift to the video link . So the limit is the camera transmit power and the battery in the UAV itself , you can fit a camera kit to the UAV to improve the link further.

We will also be producing a linear panel ( Terminator ) version shortly. This will have a lot more gain , but just be bigger. It possible to tripod mound this and have a cable link to the ST16."

Ive just ordered the 14GHZ for £59.

Reactions: Skypicswa
The response i got from Horizon when asking for further details: -

"Hi there ,

We developed these antennas in the Blackhawk range these have proved super good .

So we combined these to work with the typhoon . The weakest part on the typhoon H is the 5.8GHz video link. This has only a small Sp Antenna , the position of these are not set at a good position , the gain being only 1.7 dB on 5.8 GHz, white this new antenna there are two options , 11db and 14dB , this gives a big lift to the video link . So the limit is the camera transmit power and the battery in the UAV itself , you can fit a camera kit to the UAV to improve the link further.

We will also be producing a linear panel ( Terminator ) version shortly. This will have a lot more gain , but just be bigger. It possible to tripod mound this and have a cable link to the ST16."

Ive just ordered the 14GHZ for £59.
Oohh will have to wait to see what you think of them when flying

It wasn't me who created this video - this is a video of the power of the antennas by someone else that I wanted to share so people can see the power of these antennas. I bought a pair of them and really feel comfortable with them. It will take me sometime to build confidence to do a distance like this guy did.

Hello, you have any updates on your experience with your antenna? Distance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech