Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New EU rules 2019

Reaction score
Following the upcoming rules in Europe and one criteria is electronic identification and geo awareness.

Anybody in here who can explain to me what geo awareness actually is?

And if the H plus have it?

any new rules can only be pushed on to new products anyway but it is the same as geo fencing or nfz if it is just a warning then it wont stop things like the gatwick instance
and if it is just a waning message as thats what i just read then its a step backwards would they not be better to push geo fencing on all crafts ???
i have just been looking at photography rules in the uk as we have some of the same wording that the eu is bringing in like surveillance privacy
i really dont think anybody has a clue what they are talking about they need to draw a line between commercial and personal drones
the flying distance for the uk is you have got to be 150ft away from people this is only if your drone has a camera. why as there is no such thing as privacy law in the uk and you can film and take photos of anybody in a public area but they have put the wording in as if you are doing surveillance work if that was the case then i would require a drone licence as this would then be classed as commercial use

all updates that i can find on the eu rules are dated back in june so any idea when they plan to bring it into force

yes and no . for current NFZ from yuneec your good for major airports but there maybe other areas you would not be covered that is also restricted airspace.

New rules from 06-2020 in EU ....So we can throw our equipment into the trash?

12) must have an unambiguous remote identification which:
a) makes it possible to load the unmanned aircraft operator's registration number in accordance with art. 14 of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 and only in accordance with the procedure indicated in the registration system;
(b) allows - throughout the duration of the flight - unambiguous periodic emission of the following data from unmanned aircraft in real time using an open and documented transmission protocol, in such a way that mobile devices that are in the transmission zone can unambiguously receive them
(i) the registration number of the operator of the unmanned aerial vehicle system
(ii) the unique physical serial number of unmanned aircraft complying with ANSI / CTA- 2063
(iii) the position in the space of the unmanned aircraft and its height above ground level or starting point
(iv) route measured clockwise in relation to the north latitude and velocity of the unmanned aerial vehicle; and (v) the location in the pilot space of the unmanned aircraft or, if this information is not available, the starting point
c) prevents the user from modifying the data referred to in point a) b) points (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v)

New rules from 06-2020 in EU ....So we can throw our equipment into the trash?

12) must have an unambiguous remote identification which:
a) makes it possible to load the unmanned aircraft operator's registration number in accordance with art. 14 of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 and only in accordance with the procedure indicated in the registration system;
(b) allows - throughout the duration of the flight - unambiguous periodic emission of the following data from unmanned aircraft in real time using an open and documented transmission protocol, in such a way that mobile devices that are in the transmission zone can unambiguously receive them
(i) the registration number of the operator of the unmanned aerial vehicle system
(ii) the unique physical serial number of unmanned aircraft complying with ANSI / CTA- 2063
(iii) the position in the space of the unmanned aircraft and its height above ground level or starting point
(iv) route measured clockwise in relation to the north latitude and velocity of the unmanned aerial vehicle; and (v) the location in the pilot space of the unmanned aircraft or, if this information is not available, the starting point
c) prevents the user from modifying the data referred to in point a) b) points (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v)
going grape picking in France in September and would like to take my drone
have managed to register it on the French registration page with my UK address
The Typhoon H and H+ are listed as models ( so i would say you have no problems using the Typhoon )
now i just have to complete the online exam

going grape picking in France in September and would like to take my drone
have managed to register it on the French registration page with my UK address
The Typhoon H and H+ are listed as models ( so i would say you have no problems using the Typhoon )
now i just have to complete the online exam
as I wrote the rules will change from 06-2020, now you can fly, but then I do not know if our drones will meet these requirements.

as I wrote the rules will change from 06-2020, now you can fly, but then I do not know if our drones will meet these requirements.
I thought pre-notification had been abandoned by the UK Government as unworkable? At least for some classes, I see there's reference to all new drones, does that imply existing drones are exempt? Didn't the FAA abandon plans too, for this untested complicated system, since not all drones use a smartphone, or are in cellphone coverage!

Last edited:
I thought pre-notification had been abandoned by the UK Government as unworkable? At least for some classes, I see there's reference to all new drones, does that imply existing drones are exempt? Didn't the FAA abandon plans too, for this untested complicated system, since not all drones use a smartphone, or are in cellphone coverage!
The UK has more sense than the EU. the EU rules are advised/influenced by lobbyists its all about money

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital