Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New FAA UAV Rules Coming

Can't expect anything useful or functional from the FAA or any other rogue agency of the government of the orange orangutan.
Twilight zone is now and real.... DC is a alternate reality of feral criminals running amok without oversight or justice.
Whether or not you like the orange haired orangutan he's not owing to anyone in politics and he's getting rid of 6 existing regulations for every one written.

This is what amazes me biltno. I flew RC airplanes & copters for years from the time I was young to my old age. I feel that the problems with drones (regulation) are born by a lot of misinformation by the general public since the majority of drones are equipped with cameras. I remember when cameras were first introduced to RC aircraft and they were glitchy and somewhat rarely used. Now that they are capable of being used by more sophisticated aircraft and by kids & adults alike, a large section of the public thinks they are the target of predators who only want to look into their windows or spy on them at the park.

I don't think the laws will ease up after interest in drones dies down - there are still silly laws on the books that date back to the 1800's and no one in the government is lining up to repeal them.

One other comment about "Drones". The term itself generates angst among the uninformed. To your point, they are simply a configuration of RC aircraft. Remember the noise around the "gas guzzling SUV's" a few years back. The automotive industry combatted that stigma by having their marketing people reclassify their advertising to "the CROSSOVER" - just an SUV with a new marketing name. Maybe we aught to drop the name drone and go back to calling them RC model aircraft - which they really are.
To qoute Bob Dylan "the times they are a changin'". The gov't just gets bigger and bigger and dumber and dumber. It's the worst organized clusterbleep ever created.

Before 1913 we had no taxes and everything got built including skyscrapers, highways, bridges, dams etc. The postal service loses $42,335,766 Per Day and were suppose to trust that the FAA will do the right thing for us fliers? It's going to take a lot more than renaming things (i do get your point) to make the gov't or the FAA common sense oriented or logical. The gov't needs to be out of our lives period.

I would lay odds that if the airspace being granted to the big commercial entities was above 400 feet AGL there would be a s___ storm so large it couldn’t be passed off the way we just were. I think general aviation would have let them know they could take their delivery drones and shove them where the sun shines only on rare occasions.
It would be interesting to see what the FAA would have done if that was proposed.

To quote the lyrics of a song from 1968 by the rock group Four Jacks & a Jill, "It's a strange, strange world Master Jack."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430