Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware .... Which Version for Oz?

Reaction score
Greetings All,

With the release of the latest versions of firmware for the H and ST16 .... I saw that more "regional" versions were on the street.

When the last update was released there was only a choice of either the US or the EU versions .... and here in Oz we were advised to use the US version. Everything went great and the update has worked fine. However with the latest release I would assume that as there is now a "South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand)" version for the H (the ST16 version is the standard one for everyone) .... I guess that I should be using that one.

So before I update .... have any Aussies updated already .... and if so which version did you use .... and if you used the "local" version has it updated correctly?

Thanks in advance and ....

Cheers :cool:

OC, The "Official" Yuneec site only lists STD and EU, I did see the Japan/Asia etc one on a website. But I would myself be leary not doing one only from official site. And if the STD worked before for you, That's how I'd remain. Just my thought my friend!;)

Reactions: OzCougar
What rules do you have for transmitter output power in Oz? it's 25mw for EU and 200mw for USA.

Take your pick.

Last edited:
OC, The "Official" Yuneec site only lists STD and EU, I did see the Japan/Asia etc one on a website. But I would myself be leary not doing one only from official site. And if the STD worked before for you, That's how I'd remain. Just my thought my friend!;)

Hi DC,

Yeah that was the way I was tending to go .... but I just wanted to check if anyone had used the "local" version to make the best choice ;).

Reactions: DroneClone
What rules do you have for transmitter output power in Oz? it's 25w for EU and 200w for USA.

Take your pick.

Here in Oz we're pretty laid back .... and we have used the US firmware version in the past. CASA also tends to broadly follow a similar path to the FAA.

So I would guess if there were any limitations they would be similar to the US.

Ok.....wow...the west coast of Australia. I never knew "OZ" actually existed.....
Looks like you have some beautiful terrain to shoot there.

Bill W.

I updated using the us version and twice now (have run out of spares) 20 seconds after lift off it flys backwards heading north.......thankfully i guess the house and shed were in the way.
First time i did auto lift off and it only raise about 2 ft then north. No response to stick input. Second time i was on the throttle and lifted it only a couple of inches it then went north. Holding down continuously only resulted in bunny hops until it rolled over and beat itself to death....again. was working a treat before update.

And yes did the compass calibration before each attempt. Had 16 sats showing. I live in eastern victoria so guessing it wanted a holiday in a warmer climate.

Well I guess .... for me at least .... its official. This latest update ain't getting anywhere near my H :mad:!

The previous version is giving me everything I need currently .... and the features of the new firmware (for me anyway) just aren't worth the risk. Call me over cautious .... but it seems just a little too "flaky" to be trusted.

To those who have already updated ... whether you have had a good experience or not ... my best wishes to you .... and safe flying ;).

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my