Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

If that's it, there will be more than half a dozen questions. It is time, I start the missions in April, and it is necessary that the bird is ready.

I just received an email from Yuneec for the C23 1 'camera for the Typhoon H Hexacopter
I just answered them:

Thank you for this email. It's amazing.
And what price: UVP: 899 €! Mine for the H520: 1151 €. Look for the Lizard?
And it's been four months that we expect a breakthrough for the H520's rotten software that only allows to draw straight lines.

I think we're not going to be friends ...lol.gif

It may well come to pass the C-23 will be a slightly degraded version of the C-90. If they remove geo tagging from the camera it would help prevent the C-23 from competing with the 520. They did that with the CGO-4.

Tuna’s UAV Toolbox App is for the H is quite useful for creating a waypoint mission but without having the ability to geo tag a photo or set a shutter frequency, things that likely reside in the camera firmware, photogrammetry would be extremely difficult. Disabling such features would justify a reduced camera price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haydn
Don't give them ideas.

The likelihood is that the C23 will not work on the H520 as it runs 'Typhoon H compatible' firmware. So they can charge what they like for it, it's a different camera and will only do what the H Plus does, not what the H520 does. Removing geotags would be antisocial - it's not just mapping software that benefits from knowing where you were when you took a photo!

I've lost.............

Is it officially confirmed that the C23 will operate on the H480? You mean the H PLUS? Or are we talking about the H480?

I've lost.............

Is it officially confirmed that the C23 will operate on the H480? You mean the H PLUS? Or are we talking about the H480?

Yes it’s official. C23 with work on H480

Yes it’s official. C23 with work on H480

Thanks, I didn't know.

The funny thing is that another CGOET model with a long delay for the H520 has been taken out. Are the cameras coming in now.And now it turns out that they're going to release a camera compatible with the old platform when the H PLUS is based on the new platform? Something still doesn't balance me o_O

Many many drinks are being had at Yuneec HQ I think and many people are pi55ed as farts. There can be no other explanation except the CEO being on a self destructive mission.

Thanks, I didn't know.

The funny thing is that another CGOET model with a long delay for the H520 has been taken out. Are the cameras coming in now.And now it turns out that they're going to release a camera compatible with the old platform when the H PLUS is based on the new platform? Something still doesn't balance me o_O
There were rumours about a camera with a 1 inch sensor for the H about a year ago. So, I think prefer to think it's the camera we've been waiting for. I hope it meets expectations.:cool:

The explanation appears to be pretty simple. The H520 has a Pixhawk autopilot, and the E90 is compatible with that system.

The Typhoon H has a previous generation autopilot, and the CGO3+ is compatible with that system.

It *looks* like the H Plus is going to have an autopilot compatible with the original H (so it'll have things like curved cable cam and only simple waypoints), and the C-23 will then work with either the H Plus or the H - *but not the H520*.

It comes down to the firmware. The E-90 and C-23 are the same camera hardware, but running different software depending on which drone they're compatible with.

So when Yuneec say the commercial and consumer models are different, they really mean it. They run different and incompatible software, so components cannot be switched between the two.

The explanation appears to be pretty simple. The H520 has a Pixhawk autopilot, and the E90 is compatible with that system.

The Typhoon H has a previous generation autopilot, and the CGO3+ is compatible with that system.

It *looks* like the H Plus is going to have an autopilot compatible with the original H (so it'll have things like curved cable cam and only simple waypoints), and the C-23 will then work with either the H Plus or the H - *but not the H520*.

It comes down to the firmware. The E-90 and C-23 are the same camera hardware, but running different software depending on which drone they're compatible with.

So when Yuneec say the commercial and consumer models are different, they really mean it. They run different and incompatible software, so components cannot be switched between the two.

Hi Tuna,

but both, the "H520" and the "Typhoon H Plus" run or will run PX4. So they will have "the same" flight controller.
Maybe the "Typhoon H Plus" will still use standard voltage LiPo batteries and even a 32 bit OS. The latter defines which cameras are compatible.

Hi Tuna,

but both, the "H520" and the "Typhoon H Plus" run or will run PX4. So they will have "the same" flight controller.
Maybe the "Typhoon H Plus" will still use standard voltage LiPo batteries and even a 32 bit OS. The latter defines which cameras are compatible.

Due to the similarities, the H PLUS is a black painted H520, we have all assumed that it would have the same flight controller. But there is nothing confirmed and perhaps all the reasoning that Tuna has made is correct. We're really basing ourselves on taking something for granted when we don't really know :oops:

If it's confirmed, Arruntus, Yuneec wrote it in black on white, the Hplus is on the plae PX4 form. There is no confusion about this. Now, how are they going to put flight modes on, it's a mystery ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal