Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

I doubt it very much

Man of little faith :p

There's not much left. I hope that tomorrow this thread will have 300 new messages talking about the new features :D

We stayed a little cold waiting for the update. Let's get the forum moving again :)

Man of little faith :p

There's not much left. I hope that tomorrow this thread will have 300 new messages talking about the new features :D

We stayed a little cold waiting for the update. Let's get the forum moving again :)

People have lost faith Arruntus. Both in the never coming firmware and yuneecs journey of the 520 in general.
You only have to look at what Franck Sitborn has done with his mission planner software which is excellent. Yes it needs tweaking but what a great addition to the 520 which in fairness should have been there in the initial release of the 520 5 months ago.

People have lost faith Arruntus. Both in the never coming firmware and yuneecs journey of the 520 in general.
You only have to look at what Franck Sitborn has done with his mission planner software which is excellent. Yes it needs tweaking but what a great addition to the 520 which in fairness should have been there in the initial release of the 520 5 months ago.

I tried it on Sunday. For video flights it is not yet valid, but for circular photographic flights it is a good option. There are still some things to polish but I like the interface and it doesn't take the pictures badly. Always keeping in mind that on a map it is difficult to program circular flight as you really want, but it works.

This is precisely why the SDK came out. Franck has done a good job :)

I tried it on Sunday. For video flights it is not yet valid, but for circular photographic flights it is a good option. There are still some things to polish but I like the interface and it doesn't take the pictures badly. Always keeping in mind that on a map it is difficult to program circular flight as you really want, but it works.

This is precisely why the SDK came out. Franck has done a good job :)

Pix4 will not allow smooth circular poi which is why in video mode it yaws jerky which is course with photos doesn’t matter. Pix4 will only see straight lines to get the circular video

Pix4 will not allow smooth circular poi which is why in video mode it yaws jerky which is course with photos doesn’t matter. Pix4 will only see straight lines to get the circular video

It's something they have to fix from PX4, yeah. And it is a fundamental functionality. Let's see if they do it soon.

that firmware announcement just moved from yuneec uk facebook page to yuneec.uk main site. but exact date is yet to be set for firmware release. usa site no info still.

When you click on the H520 software update on Yuneec.uk Featured News this is what you find now... That doesn't look like a good sign.
upload_2018-2-27_15-57-22.png

For a drone where all the decisions and production is done in China? I suppose a hang up in Germany makes sense to someone...

direct update from yuneec Europe for h520 usa will be update there online shopping site and adding the st16s battery in 2 weeks. Also the dy5 charger for h520 is planning to be added to the us yuneec site for sale in mid to late march. Now as for the firmware All I got was they do indeed have it and will be sending out soon no time line stated.

With all due respect... give the complaining, name calling, and bashing a rest already. We get the point loud and clear.

Personally, I would rather wait for “good and tested” updates rather than “rushed and buggy” releases. I bet there are more here than would care to admit that have been bitten by the “upgrade degradation” scenario, rushing to get the latest [insert software/product/device update here] before it has been thoroughly vetted either by the manufacturer or the early adopters.

And I am not talking about aircraft at all!

Jeff

Edit: in case anyone stumbles on this thread, I think it prudent to acknowledge on thing: while there are a few comments still here that carry the tone, the post that incited my own burst above has been deleted by its author.

I think it is important to clarify this point for two reasons: one is to deflect any thought that the post now preceding this one instigated my post (it did not). The other is to acknowledge the removal of the actual post that did incite my response and to commend that forum member for helping to keep this forum a fun and enjoyable place to learn and contribute.

At the same time, I sincerely hope my response did not insult anyone but rather it’s intent understood for what I just reiterated.

Thanks, and happy flying! I’m anxiously awaiting good news too!

Jeff

Last edited:
I agree with Jeff... I'm not going to lie it's been hard to stay positive with all the naysaying. I bought the H520 on a prayer for this new firmware. I just took it out today and I've so far noticed very little in the way of the complaints registered here. So far I'm very pleased and I'll wait for a solid firmware update when it's ready.

You're leaving me surprised :rolleyes:

I have written and deleted this post 4 times. I will summarize it, what really tires is that we still have a drone without the functionalities that it should have. The ones described when we bought it.

You're leaving me surprised :rolleyes:

I have written and deleted this post 4 times. I will summarize it, what really tires is that we still have a drone without the functionalities that it should have. The ones described when we bought it.

I actually deleted my post and it was a lengthy one at that. I simply cannot be arsed with confrontation in a forum. I have much better things to do like looking at my orange shelf ornament masquerading as a lemon

I agree with Jeff... I'm not going to lie it's been hard to stay positive with all the naysaying. I bought the H520 on a prayer for this new firmware. I just took it out today and I've so far noticed very little in the way of the complaints registered here. So far I'm very pleased and I'll wait for a solid firmware update when it's ready.
With respect did you open your eyes, apart from the mission planning and waypoints, it doesn't do anything, in the way of features. Yes it flys nice, in manual mode, jerky in GPS mode.

Reactions: Koala
THE BIG UPDATE IS NOW OUT GUYS.
Datapilot, E90 and Aircraft Flight Contoller. The files not on any websites yet but will be by the end of the day, but if you use Datapilot updater in the ST16s You will get it

Reactions: Graham
V1.3 update now available to download from the st16.
*** will have to wait till this evening when I get home!!!

Good news at last, it was necessary :)

Guys, let's see which one of you has good weather and can taste it. Impossible here, snow, wind and water :confused:

Don't forget to keep saying how it goes and what new things it has :p

Good news at last, it was necessary :)

Guys, let's see which one of you has good weather and can taste it. Impossible here, snow, wind and water :confused:

Don't forget to keep saying how it goes and what new things it has :p

Same here 50mph wind, snow -10 degrees with wind chill!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy