Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

There shpould be NO .zip file.
There should be a ST16_V3.1.27.yuneec for the ST16
and a TyphoonH_Ver3.01_A.bin for the bird itself

Try using Firefox or Chrome to download the files.

After Update to 3.01&b27 nothing changed for me. Still the same old user-settings, but now,
the first pilots have a problem to fly higher then 400'. It seems Yuneec has done a fix limitation.
The user-settings in the GUI will be ignored.
They did not do it. It's the regulation they have to comply with to be able to sell it.
I will have to try again later. I have tried unzipping and not unzipping, but it still didn't work. I am having to charge my ST16 battery now since I have run it down to 30% trying to install this update. Seems odd that the last update released in Oct worked fine the first time through. But this one will not go at all. Thanks for everyones help. May have to ask later.
The SD card that came with the TH can't handle the new firmwares in my experience. Try reformatting a good hi speed SD card to FAT32 and do a new clean download of the files again. It's all about the ST seeing that file name all by itself so it can unzip and install.

I reformatted the card in the ST16. Checked the card in storage under Settings. Unmounted the card. Copied the 2 files from my download folder onto the SD card. Ejected the card from the card reader on my PC. Placed the card into the ST16, then powered on the ST16. After power up I performed the update through system settings on the ST16. Everything seems to be okay at that point. Unmounted the card from the ST16 and placed it into the H. Powered on the H and waited for it to connect to the ST16. Everything looks okay and says that I am connected. Went to system settings, selected update on the H. It still doesn't recognize the firmware. Can you update the H with a straight connection to a PC?

I had same issue. 1) Remove the OTA update file on the ST16 in the /yuneec folder using the file manger. 2) Update the ST16 - not the H! 3) have a empty formatted SD card in the H with the H on. 3) ST16 update should say 'already at current version' or such, then automatically connect to the 'camera' on the H and start the OTA update on the H.

I did this after three days and it worked fine.

is the firmware now locking to 400ft and it can't be changed now?

There was a simillar statement in a german yuneec forum. I have not flown yet the newest firmware, but if anyone can confirm or - even better - not confirm the limitation that would be really great

Sorry for the confusion but do I load both files from yuneec''s website onto one SD card, then proceed to the ST16 for update. Or do I just load one file (ST16) onto the SD card for the update?

First just for the ST16. Then after you finish ST16 upgrade, remove this one and copy firmware for copter and insert SD card into cgo3.

Sorry for the confusion but do I load both files from yuneec''s website onto one SD card, then proceed to the ST16 for update. Or do I just load one file (ST16) onto the SD card for the update?

Has anyone with the new update tried to go above 400 feet? Been reading a few posts that even when setting it higher in the GUI the TH will not go past 400 feet anymore. Is this true?

I can confirm that with the latest firmware you cannot change the height. The GUI will show the change but the typhoon will NOT go above 400ft. I downgraded the H, unfortunately I cannot figure out how to downgrade the st16 firmware. When the weather clears I will test again and see if the height issue is fixed.

Reactions: Huub
I can confirm that with the latest firmware you cannot change the height. The GUI will show the change but the typhoon will NOT go above 400ft. I downgraded the H, unfortunately I cannot figure out how to downgrade the st16 firmware. When the weather clears I will test again and see if the height issue is fixed.

You only have to use the 1.29 Autopilot

Reactions: Nateb006
The accelerometer update will not fix the toilet bowl effect but it will help out those that can not land their TH as it sits about ten feet in the air and refuses to land.
Hopefully they have fixed that part.

Is the altimeter using the accelerometer data to figure height? I have had the issue of it not wanting to land because it thinks its already at the ground. Also its almost always off by 5-10 feet in the other direction. Often times it thinks I'm 20+ off the ground and its only a foot off the ground. Will this fix it?

The SD card that came with the TH can't handle the new firmwares in my experience. Try reformatting a good hi speed SD card to FAT32 and do a new clean download of the files again. It's all about the ST seeing that file name all by itself so it can unzip and install.

Craig, I use the card that came with my H for all updates. To start I download both the St16 and the H craft files to my computer, then copy them onto the card, both of them, making sure no other update files are there. Put the card into the ST16 and update it first. Then put the card into the camera and rebind the H and the camera to the ST16, creating a new model if necessary first. Once the craft and camera are bound and appear, update the craft. In both cases the St16 and the craft will choose what they need off the card and update the components automatically.

I personally do not like the OTA method. I do not use those cards to store video or pics.

Craig, I use the card that came with my H for all updates. To start I download both the St16 and the H craft files to my computer, then copy them onto the card, both of them, making sure no other update files are there. Put the card into the ST16 and update it first. Then put the card into the camera and rebind the H and the camera to the ST16, creating a new model if necessary first. Once the craft and camera are bound and appear, update the craft. In both cases the St16 and the craft will choose what they need off the card and update the components automatically.

I personally do not like the OTA method. I do not use those cards to store video or pics.

I had a bad experience with provided card so I pulled my GoPro card and turned it into my firmware card. It is all about one at a time and only the piece you are doing on there. Last update went very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is the altimeter using the accelerometer data to figure height? I have had the issue of it not wanting to land because it thinks its already at the ground. Also its almost always off by 5-10 feet in the other direction. Often times it thinks I'm 20+ off the ground and its only a foot off the ground. Will this fix it?

I have the same problem - the altimeter says 0 ft when it's still 20 ft in the air and it takes some time to land. I haven't tried the latest update yet as quite a few people seem to be having problems with it but I'm hoping it will fix this too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig