Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new flights with replacement h520e after data pilot 2.0 applied

Reaction score
just got my replacement h520e from yuneec with all new firmware applied. got some night flights with e30zx done. I think the new antennas are going to be mixed verdict. had some glitches with video feed. There is a issue with the video recording. much harder to get a video recording started or stopped. camera function not a issue with that. as for video feed issue need to do more testing at another location for confirmation. Have not tested distance from controller to see if range is same, better, or worse than my first h520e. with the switch to more omni based versus patch on the h520e arms I am expecting some change with performance not yet sure where it will fall under. here is some low light e30zx photos

Attachments

• E30z_0057.jpg
    E30z_0057.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 23
  • E30z_0005.jpg
    E30z_0005.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 22
  • E30z_0025.jpg
    E30z_0025.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 21
  • E30z_0001.jpg
    E30z_0001.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 20
just got my replacement h520e from yuneec with all new firmware applied. got some night flights with e30zx done. I think the new antennas are going to be mixed verdict. had some glitches with video feed. There is a issue with the video recording. much harder to get a video recording started or stopped. camera function not a issue with that. as for video feed issue need to do more testing at another location for confirmation. Have not tested distance from controller to see if range is same, better, or worse than my first h520e. with the switch to more omni based versus patch on the h520e arms I am expecting some change with performance not yet sure where it will fall under. here is some low light e30zx photos
I flew some long missions last week and still had two OFDM bars at over 3300m.

Reactions: Mike Irish
after 4 more flights no control issue rose up. there was some video feed dropping out but that was video link with st16e that was effected photos and video on sd card was not effected. did 3 more night flights with h520e with e90x. now there is a marked difference when in photo mode compared to video mode. photo mode I can still make out the ground and buildings . video mode only lights that are lit show up and buildings do not show up unless lit with lights and if so not as well than if it was in photo mode.

What about problems using E30ZC camera with H520E ?
Our drone with this camera is still in Yuneec Europe service for like more than 2 months.
Just when drone with camera is purchased , Yuneec issued statement that this combo should be sent to service because it is possible that in this combination drone can lose power.
They told us to send it back to service so they can fix this. Now after 2 months of not fixing, they seems don't have solution yet.
And yet they are selling H520E with E30ZX camera so this is confusing.

Any thoughts about that from you guys ?

I am using h520e and e30zx have not given me power issues to date. what the firmware versions were on the h520e you sent back? Also did 4 further test flights in Fulton County Ohio on oem antenna range, general flight stability, video feed range. Results there is some loss of range with the new omni antenna setup. Video feed was stable so earlier issues on the 3rd and 4th of july were from frequency interference that was in that area. no control link issues. data pilot 2.0 program usage requires more input to set up for programmed auto flights. More of additional learning curve but easy to adapt to. full flight range can be recovered with the standard 4hawks antenna without the boosters added.

We returned drone and E30ZX camera just because Yuneec issued general warning that we should return it as they found possible issue with this combination H520E + E30ZX. Actually it could be possible problem with battery connector overheating, here is this general warning they sent out in late March this year.

Dear customer,

During quality control, we found in some cases an overheating of the battery connector on the H520E when used with the E30ZX camera (Item No.YUNE30ZXEU).

If you are using this combination, please stop doing so and send the camera E30ZX back to our Service Center, filling the form of the RMA System (https://rma.yuneec.de/customer).

We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We will solve the problem as soon as possible.

After Sales Service Team Europe.

What about problems using E30ZC camera with H520E ?
Our drone with this camera is still in Yuneec Europe service for like more than 2 months.
Just when drone with camera is purchased , Yuneec issued statement that this combo should be sent to service because it is possible that in this combination drone can lose power.
They told us to send it back to service so they can fix this. Now after 2 months of not fixing, they seems don't have solution yet.
And yet they are selling H520E with E30ZX camera so this is confusing.

Any thoughts about that from you guys ?
I'm using the H520e with the E30Zx for several months now, mainly for inspection flights. So far no problems with this combination.
I also didn't receive any general warning from Yuneec or from the seller here in Germany.
Regarding the service time at Yuneec EU: I had a RMA service with my E90x camera some weeks ago, because the gimbal was partly damaged. It took them 6 weeks and several emails until they finally repaired the camera and sent it back to me. The camera is working properly again (that's the good part), but 6 weeks are way too long, especially when you have a business.

tahai

• Angry
Reactions: Chris Koch
I'm using the H520e with the E30Zx for several months now, mainly for inspection flights. So far no problems with this combination.
I also didn't receive any general warning from Yuneec or from the seller here in Germany.
Regarding the service time at Yuneec EU: I had a RMA service with my E90x camera some weeks ago, because the gimbal was partly damaged. It took them 6 weeks and several emails until they finally repaired the camera and sent it back to me. The camera is working properly again (that's the good part), but 6 weeks are way too long, especially when you have a business.

tahai
Thanks for the info, not sure what to tell you, you saw this warning I attached here.

Reactions: tahai
just did 4 test flights gifi flight time 29min 10 sec yuneec h520e oem batteries 1 on dy5 h3 version 26min 2nd on third party charger set to 4.4 volts per cell 27 min. h3 battery on dy5 h3 version 26min. cost of gifi battery 50 percent less than h3 and yuneec 520e oem battery which are the same price each. now to do flight test with the e30zx for flight time. gifi looking good.

Reactions: WTFDproject
update on aug 15th did 8 flights back to back with e30zx first 5 where hover using 3 h520oem and 2 h3 battery no problems however last three full flights at 398agl total distance in air if measured in a straight line is 3 to 4 miles from launch to land each max distance from ground station 2500 ft all batteries where in perfect shape at the connector heads before flight. one the last three flights the h3 battery heads warped and some meltdown indications on the left side of battery. (that was found after the last flight completed with major problems at the end. the h3 came out of the h520e with out issues so I set them aside on a table at a open shelter for cool down via open air in shade) last battery flown was gifi 8000mha that one became a close call to drone loss when that battery hit 30 percent I went to bring the h520e to land at 20 percent mark. drone was at 398ft agl. rapid battery drain ensued at 150 ft agl battery was at 25 percent at 50 ft agl battery went to 20 percent. landed at 16 percent. held stick throttle full down from 398ft agl. it came to close to do a auto rtl from low battery. after stopping the motors after 2 min the st16e indicated the flight battery recovered to 40 percent mark. shut down h520e and tried to remove battery that's when some thing went south deep south with the h520e. battery was stuck. got the battery out battery was not swollen at all however the connection head left side slight deformation with plastic dividers between metal pins on the battery. thats when I rechecked the h3 batteries more closely and discovered that they were damaged badly. got them back to base manage to get them back in storage mode. and checked the inside of the h520e battery connection head. on left side of connector there was discoloration and possible deformed at the pins. sent yuneec a urgent email and contacted vertigo drones to start the repair process. drone is now shipping to vertigo drones photos of the batteries were made and sent to vertigo drones who forwarded them to yuneec. thing is if hovering seems to induce no damaging from power draw but out right fling at 22 mph can possibly induces power draw that can damage flight batteries. thank god I used gifi on the final flight the new built in safety features they introduced with their new h3 battery helped saved the drone from total destruction crash.

update on aug 15th did 8 flights back to back with e30zx first 5 where hover using 3 h520oem and 2 h3 battery no problems however last three full flights at 398agl total distance in air if measured in a straight line is 3 to 4 miles from launch to land each max distance from ground station 2500 ft all batteries where in perfect shape at the connector heads before flight. one the last three flights the h3 battery heads warped and some meltdown indications on the left side of battery. (that was found after the last flight completed with major problems at the end. the h3 came out of the h520e with out issues so I set them aside on a table at a open shelter for cool down via open air in shade) last battery flown was gifi 8000mha that one became a close call to drone loss when that battery hit 30 percent I went to bring the h520e to land at 20 percent mark. drone was at 398ft agl. rapid battery drain ensued at 150 ft agl battery was at 25 percent at 50 ft agl battery went to 20 percent. landed at 16 percent. held stick throttle full down from 398ft agl. it came to close to do a auto rtl from low battery. after stopping the motors after 2 min the st16e indicated the flight battery recovered to 40 percent mark. shut down h520e and tried to remove battery that's when some thing went south deep south with the h520e. battery was stuck. got the battery out battery was not swollen at all however the connection head left side slight deformation with plastic dividers between metal pins on the battery. thats when I rechecked the h3 batteries more closely and discovered that they were damaged badly. got them back to base manage to get them back in storage mode. and checked the inside of the h520e battery connection head. on left side of connector there was discoloration and possible deformed at the pins. sent yuneec a urgent email and contacted vertigo drones to start the repair process. drone is now shipping to vertigo drones photos of the batteries were made and sent to vertigo drones who forwarded them to yuneec. thing is if hovering seems to induce no damaging from power draw but out right fling at 22 mph can possibly induces power draw that can damage flight batteries. thank god I used gifi on the final flight the new built in safety features they introduced with their new h3 battery helped saved the drone from total destruction crash.
This is some really bad news. as a owner of a new 520e and only using the e90 I am starting to setup shop
the gifi h3 battery will be on my list but the e30 was being considered for missions. what your saying is this might be a major issue. Have you gotten response as to what will be the fix?

unit has been repaired at no cost and has been tested with e30zx at vertigo drones and flown hard and rechecked they had no damage to the flight battery or the drones main battery connector. my case may have been a isolated issue. I will need to replace the batteries lost at my cost though. It was a defective mainboard.

unit has been repaired at no cost and has been tested with e30zx at vertigo drones and flown hard and rechecked they had no damage to the flight battery or the drones main battery connector. my case may have been a isolated issue. I will need to replace the batteries lost at my cost though. It was a defective mainboard.
are these the GiFi batteries your using H3-8000

2 yuneec oem h3 and 2 oem h520e also 1 gifi h3. got a order in for 2 replacement gifi h3 battery to replaced the ones I lost so far. planning on ordering the three gifi h3 batteries after I get the current gifi order in and tested. the gifi rocks for flight time however from spent pack to storage can take as long as 75 min to finish on dy5 h3 version. from storage to full usage another 60 to 70 min of charger time. would love to use the yuneec vendor that has even larger capacity of 11000mha but the 269.00 cost is hard to justify per battery when compared to the cost of gifi despite 40 min of flight time claim. 28 min 59 sec on e90 is hard to beat for the cost of the battery. although this is primary for h3 you should get slightly even more flight time in it than h520e unit pending h3 payload weight factor. actually I kind of want to retro fit my first gen h520 to use the gifi h3 battery.

This makes me nervous too. I have 15 OEM batteries and fly high, far and for hours at a time. I’ve had a couple batteries that were tough to get out, but I thought it was just a problem with the latch. Thanks for this in depth analysis. I need to really check them all out and look at the main board connection. Sounds like I will be buying GIFI batteries from now on. I use the Venom 4-port charger. Only takes about 40-45 minutes for a full charge.

Eggman check the connection ends of the battery for the h520e look for any melting on the left side. also look for any deforming on the batter connector ends . just got my gifi h3 8000 mha shipment in now waiting on the repaired drone to come in. again there is a longer charge time with these.

Reactions: Eggman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval