Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New guy needs help---AGAIN

Reaction score
Crashed my Tyohoon H ---The bird didn't want to start from the ST16 controller and when it did it took off on its own and hit a wooden fence at 30 or so MPH. I replaced the arms and motors that were damaged. The camera appears to be OK. the gimbal works and the camera works---The bird will not turn a prop--period. I have recalibrated everything, even tried using a different ST16--no avail---What do I need to try next to get this thing back in the air. Yuneec's trouble shooting guide is almost nonexistent as far as I can tell.
Thanks,
Fred

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Can you tell us more detail? For instance, were you flying in a location that you have flown successfully before? Have you flown this bird at all before? Were there any beeps or strange light configurations, messages on the controller? How many satellites, what were the battery levels? I know it is asking a lot but anything you can fill in will help.

Can you tell us more detail? For instance, were you flying in a location that you have flown successfully before? Have you flown this bird at all before? Were there any beeps or strange light configurations, messages on the controller? How many satellites, what were the battery levels? I know it is asking a lot but anything you can fill in will help.
And what LEDs are showing on the Typhoon H when you are trying to start motors?
Yes, I had flown this bird from this location only a couple of hours before. It flew fine, photographed and videoed fine--all controls seemed normal. I do not know about the satellite count on the crash flight. Today (after repairs) I WAS SHOWING 17-20 SATELLITES. The battery levels were 100% or at least in the high 90s, they had just been charged. I'm sorry I have not been flying long enough to know what 'strange' beeps would be. I do not recall any unusual light messages. This bird has asked me to calibrate the compass each time (4) that I have tried to fly it. The calibration appears to complete properly. I DO have a second Typhoon H model that flies perfectly from this location. Is there a setting or binding that I have not / AM NOT DOING? I SHOW A SOLID BLUE LIGHT ON THE REAR AND ALL NAVIGATION LIGHTS ARE SOLID WHEN I AM TRYING TO TAKE OFF.
tHANKS AGAIN.

Reactions: Russell Smith
When ever the stick is deflected before motor starts there is a series of beeps and the motors will not start until they are centered so I was seeing if this is something we can eliminate. To the Compass calibration - I typically got that message on almost half of all start ups over a two and a half year period, it typically happened right when I started the motors. When it did happen I would shut down, pause a few seconds then restart without incident. However, is there a chance that there is some metal obstruction causing the message???

Solid Blue light? Are you sure it is not purple? Also when you flip the flight mode switch does the light change to the corresponding mode?

I SHOW A SOLID BLUE LIGHT ON THE REAR AND ALL NAVIGATION LIGHTS ARE SOLID WHEN I AM TRYING TO TAKE OFF.

There is no solid BLUE on Typhoon H. At least there is not supposed to be.

Please check the LED color, and compare it with the other Typhoon H if you can. It should be solid GREEN or Solid PURPLE when bound to the ST16.

I may be wrong, but I believe the only time it will show solid BLUE is if it is bound to the Wizard instead of the ST16.

Note: Edited 10-9-2019 to add the word "solid" to the first line for clarification.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
When ever the stick is deflected before motor starts there is a series of beeps and the motors will not start until they are centered so I was seeing if this is something we can eliminate. To the Compass calibration - I typically got that message on almost half of all start ups over a two and a half year period, it typically happened right when I started the motors. When it did happen I would shut down, pause a few seconds then restart without incident. However, is there a chance that there is some metal obstruction causing the message???

Solid Blue light? Are you sure it is not purple? Also when you flip the flight mode switch does the light change to the corresponding mode?
Yes, purple---in the Texas sun I thought it was blue with sun distortion. I get no such message or issue with my second Typhoon H. THAT is part of why it is so frustrating....One works fine and the other doesn't. The controller works the camera and gimble fine---just no motor start---I have even tried the auto start---I usually just spin up the props and take off (on the other bird). I cannot even get the props to spin up on this one---scratching my head!

I don't know what you guys did from where you are---but the 5th time today I took it out (same place--same everything) it lit up solid green and flew great---took it off smart mode and it flew great---brought it home, landed and changed batteries---changed modes and it lit up solid purple---took off and flew perfectly! Landed and all is fine!! Maybe Sun-spots!!

Thanks, until I need help again

Yes, purple---in the Texas sun I thought it was blue with sun distortion. I get no such message or issue with my second Typhoon H. THAT is part of why it is so frustrating....One works fine and the other doesn't. The controller works the camera and gimble fine---just no motor start---I have even tried the auto start---I usually just spin up the props and take off (on the other bird). I cannot even get the props to spin up on this one---scratching my head!

Okay, so you're in Angle and that is what the LEDs show. Have you checked the motor start button in the Hardware/RC Monitor? It could be that you may have a button that is going bad, checking in the monitor will eliminate or confirm this as the cause.

Yes, I had flown this bird from this location only a couple of hours before. It flew fine, photographed and videoed fine--all controls seemed normal. I do not know about the satellite count on the crash flight. Today (after repairs) I WAS SHOWING 17-20 SATELLITES. The battery levels were 100% or at least in the high 90s, they had just been charged. I'm sorry I have not been flying long enough to know what 'strange' beeps would be. I do not recall any unusual light messages. This bird has asked me to calibrate the compass each time (4) that I have tried to fly it. The calibration appears to complete properly. I DO have a second Typhoon H model that flies perfectly from this location. Is there a setting or binding that I have not / AM NOT DOING? I SHOW A SOLID BLUE LIGHT ON THE REAR AND ALL NAVIGATION LIGHTS ARE SOLID WHEN I AM TRYING TO TAKE OFF.
tHANKS AGAIN.
Have you looked at the telemetry file

Just a word of caution. You said you took off on the first test flight in smart mode. Many in the forum advise against this as it can make the birds behaviour unpredictable and sometimes more so if the obstacle avoidance is active at the same time.

There is no BLUE on Typhoon H. At least there is not supposed to be.

Please check the LED color, and compare it with the other Typhoon H if you can. It should be solid GREEN or Solid PURPLE when bound to the ST16.

I may be wrong, but I believe the only time it will show solid BLUE is if it is bound to the Wizard instead of the ST16.

@WTFDproject and all,

I realize the OP retracted the blue and has indicated he was actually seeing purple.

Nonetheless, there IS a BLUE for the Typhoon H. It is not shown in the LED guide for the original manual, but... it does exist. Try turning on the H prior to booting the ST16. This is when the blue shows up.The status LED will blink blue rapidly until the ST16 and the H connect to each other. Once connected, the status goes green or purple, depending on whether in Smart or Angle mode.

For those searching for help, the above (ST16 and H480 connecting) is not to be confused with the binding process. This is just the everyday turn on, connect, and fly.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Last edited:
@WTFDproject and all,

I realize the OP retracted the blue and has indicated he was actually seeing purple.

Nonetheless, there IS a BLUE for the Typhoon H. It is not shown in the LED guide for the original manual, but... it does exist. Try turning on the H prior to booting the ST16. This is when the blue shows up.The status LED will blink blue rapidly, until the ST16 and the H connect to each other. Once connected, the status goes green or purple, depending on whether in Smart or Angle mode.

For those searching for help, the above (ST16 and H480 connecting) is not to be confused with the binding process. This is just the everyday turn on, connect, and fly.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
I see blue too while the H is booting up. The UK firmware makes it such that booting up can take a little time. Blue doesn't last long though.

I hasten to add, though, that I always have my ST16 on before switching on the aircraft so, for me, I see the blue for a short while even though my ST16 is on.

I see blue too while the H is booting up. The UK firmware makes it such that booting up can take a little time. Blue doesn't last long though.

I hasten to add, though, that I always have my ST16 on before switching on the aircraft so, for me, I see the blue for a short while even though my ST16 is on.
It's purple with white flashing Led, the refresh of the homepoint, I take its the same and a audible set of beeps to tell you it's ready, I take it that's the same on all Firmware?

For clarification. These posts were in response to the OPs observation of "I SHOW A SOLID BLUE LIGHT". Nonetheless, confusion was apparently created. My apologies. I will go back and add the word "solid" to the time it was left out.

And yes, there is also a legitimate solid blue. When the TH is bound to the Wizard. But the Wizard was not part of the OPs description of the situation, and was only mentioned to introduce another possible thought.

Last edited:
i have a H pro, i once tried to start my motors up with the red button and the H bleeped a couple of time but would not start the motors.
i tried turning off the st16 and the H a few times and it would still not start up, i eventualy got the H to start up by switching to angle mode.
so i went back to smart mode and nothing. then i read the manual , in smart mode and with obstical avoidance you need to be 30ft
away from it before it will start up. ? this may of been your problem.

It's purple with white flashing Led, the refresh of the homepoint, I take its the same and a audible set of beeps to tell you it's ready, I take it that's the same on all Firmware?
Yes. Purple/short white = ready for take off in GPS Assisted Angle mode and is the same in the EU and standard firmware. This accompanied by beeps from the aircraft whilst it it booting up. Indeed, Purple/short white should still show for the duration of the flight while in angle mode but may occasionally flash an orange shortly after take off or when coming in to land...this is caused by a compass error when near to the ground but is not an issue so long as it doesn't persist.

I don't know what you guys did from where you are---but the 5th time today I took it out (same place--same everything) it lit up solid green and flew great---took it off smart mode and it flew great---brought it home, landed and changed batteries---changed modes and it lit up solid purple---took off and flew perfectly! Landed and all is fine!! Maybe Sun-spots!!

Thanks, until I need help again
HI Anjison,
There is your problem from the start of your flying, it was in smart mode. That is why it took off like a bat out of ****. That is the function of smart mode (which by the way is not VERY SMART, why they call it that I don't know ) it will keep a 8 meter b or 25 ft circle around the bird, so if you go near it with the controller it will move away from you . If you take off with this on and you are 25 ft or more away it is no problem but if you are closer it will do exactly as you described and fly away from the controller to get the safety circle to the correct distance. All ways fly in ANGLE mode ( far right toggle switch in the middle) . I think that is what may have happened with you, all ways check the toggle switches are in the correct position for take off. I hope that helps you and read the manual again to work out how SMART mode works. Happy flying .
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Crashed my Tyohoon H ---The bird didn't want to start from the ST16 controller and when it did it took off on its own and hit a wooden fence at 30 or so MPH. I replaced the arms and motors that were damaged. The camera appears to be OK. the gimbal works and the camera works---The bird will not turn a prop--period. I have recalibrated everything, even tried using a different ST16--no avail---What do I need to try next to get this thing back in the air. Yuneec's trouble shooting guide is almost nonexistent as far as I can tell.
Thanks,
Fred

About a year ago I pressed the Red button.
My H took off and
Crashed. Yuneec took off.
It was under Warranty.
Yuneec gave me another
One. I never did know what the problem was.
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval