Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New h, new firmware, and 2 st16's = whoop whoop! (but dodgy camera:-(

Reaction score
I got my new h yesterday (a short but far too embarrassing story to go into...just let's say, you've got to love insurance!!)
This does mean that we now have 2 st16's (we did want to get 2 but I wouldn't recommend crashing/loosing an h as the best way to get an extra!) wow, it so cool, we are now a true duel operator crew, have to go and update the website now!!!!
So I did the update, took her out today and it flys beautifully, so smooth..cruise control is great... Camera connection isn't too long, but as this is a new h I can't compare to last firmware with this one. One thing though, and I doubt it is firmware related is that when the camera powered off, it leans/drops to one side, very unbalanced. I did re-calibrate everything after the update, including gimble. When powered on it goes straight, but then I found it tilting severely while flying/filming..?!?.. It did correct it's self, only to tilt again!?! Looking at the camera now it doesn't look "right", gap on one side more than the other...Got a job surveying a roof tomorrow, so not really a big problem for that...and then a call or visit to Yuneec UK on Monday looks like a plan...

Attachments

• 20160903_144010.jpg
    20160903_144010.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 52
I have been so frustrated recently at the camera losing connection with the ST16
I have tried using the fpvlr antenna but that didn't work,
Thought about bring the internal 2.4 outside using
upload_2016-10-6_14-27-47.png which I obtained from Amazon ($3.99) and trying the Itellite off my ST10+ which works great with the Q500 4K

Then I remembered that before getting the Itellite I had bought these
upload_2016-10-6_14-24-1.png

Tried one on the left connector of the ST16 .... Ooooooooooo it works a a treat ..... up to 105 ft altitude anyway.

That served what I was doing at the time but yet to try a further run, impressed with the result though :)

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-6_14-27-35.png
    upload_2016-10-6_14-27-35.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
I have the same Alfa 2.4GHz antennas, bought on a whim. Haven't tried them yet though. Be aware that those antennas are very directional, so you'll have to keep them pointed at the bird. Also, the side with the white lettering is the "hot" side that should be pointed at the drone.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I got my new h yesterday (a short but far too embarrassing story to go into...just let's say, you've got to love insurance!!)
This does mean that we now have 2 st16's (we did want to get 2 but I wouldn't recommend crashing/loosing an h as the best way to get an extra!) wow, it so cool, we are now a true duel operator crew, have to go and update the website now!!!!
So I did the update, took her out today and it flys beautifully, so smooth..cruise control is great... Camera connection isn't too long, but as this is a new h I can't compare to last firmware with this one. One thing though, and I doubt it is firmware related is that when the camera powered off, it leans/drops to one side, very unbalanced. I did re-calibrate everything after the update, including gimble. When powered on it goes straight, but then I found it tilting severely while flying/filming..?!?.. It did correct it's self, only to tilt again!?! Looking at the camera now it doesn't look "right", gap on one side more than the other...Got a job surveying a roof tomorrow, so not really a big problem for that...and then a call or visit to Yuneec UK on Monday looks like a plan...

What insurance were you using for the claim?

Insurance is a good thing especially as experimental as these quads and hexes are.

Oh I can say is for the price point, the camera is good, and the platform is great. Now I'm wondering why there are so many people complaining about this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval