Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New H video

I hadn't seen this one on the forums.Sorry to get everyone;s hopes up!
Honestly I missed the first run,thanks that area is not to from my stomping grounds.If that's the same H Trent has had from the beginning I can bet many a pack been through it.

Reactions: DroneClone
Honestly I missed the first run,thanks that area is not to from my stomping grounds.If that's the same H Trent has had from the beginning I can bet many a pack been through it.
I am going to make a trip down to cannon beach maybe this summer to shoot some video and photos with my H. I am just north of Seattle

Washington is very pretty state,I have relation in Hunters,Fruitdale,Roosevelt Resivor area.Im in the middle of the Humboldt county,or the Emerald Triangle as it's known.

Like how he put a mount and tablet on the ST16 controller, with sunshade, Then I can use my ipad mini 4 with no glare! Guess the 7" android screen wasn't good enough for the chap!

Cool. Love seeing new clips. The latest Digital Trends review is now on their FB page.
It's a pretty average at best video. And I kept cringing every time he was hovering at eye level with all those people about.
Security Check Required

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
So I was thinking the all in one controller was better than DJI's separate controller and monitor setup.
But I see in the video if you want something better your still using two.

So I was thinking the all in one controller was better than DJI's separate controller and monitor setup.
Yeah, with the inbuilt monitor your essentially looking down at your feet, where as with a separate monitor you can have your head in a more relaxed position and just move your eyes down. Another option is to have a ground monitor on a tripod up at eye level. But things become less portable when you have more gear. I'm buying an H as my current hexa (a large 810mm frame) which has an AUW nearing 7kg with a DSLR is just too big to carry on longer walks up tracks etc. The H is a brilliant sized package with a good camera, albeit not a DSLR but good enough for what I need on those trips away. Plus, if it drops into the water it's only a fraction of an investment compared to my big hex which gives me goose bumps when flying way out over the water.

There is an HDMI output on the ST16 controller. In the video, the guy is using his favourite super duper monitor device plugged into the ST16 HDMI output.

For the price of the Typhoon H with included ST16 Controller, the display is going to be great for what it is and what it does. Of course if you have a favourite tablet which is larger than 7" display, you can always hook it up as this guy has.

I've tried many tablets & seen many tablets in use with drones/copters/planes and I can honestly say that all of the tablets are designed for home use (Facebook, Twitter, Email, Games) and were never designed to be used outdoors in sunlight.

Interesting that even Simon is pointing out that the shipment of the Typhoon H to retailers is not until next week. Or is it that retailers are not permitted to ship them until next week? I often wonder if this is the case for the BIG retailers because let's say retailer X received their shipment before retailer Y, then retailer X would look good with customers, and customers may move their business to retailer X. Retailer Y would cry foul against Yuneec. For this reason I'm guessing there is some control going on where all of the major retailers will show availability of stock on the same day (some may already have stock now, but can't divulge such). You can kinda see it happening with those who received stock for the backpacks and batteries & have sold them. Seems odd that some have stock and others don't... how does Yuneec pick and choose? Can't make retailers happy with these types of business games. Just thinking out loud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval