Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New here, and have a few questions.

Reaction score
I just bought a Q500 4K and have been having a fun time getting used to it. I've been reading as much as I can about all the stuff that is wrong with them, and started to question whether or not I should have bought something else. I did a search on DJI forums and it seems they too have the same problems as these do..lol
Just wondering.......
if there is a replacement battery for these, that has been tested and is a good replacement?
.if the dropping out of the sky issue is an operator error, or is there something wrong with the quad, that can be remedied?
are there some firmware upgrades that need to be done, or....... to be avoided?

I did a search on these subjects, but never saw any threads where these things have been put to rest.

I just bought a Q500 4K and have been having a fun time getting used to it. I've been reading as much as I can about all the stuff that is wrong with them, and started to question whether or not I should have bought something else. I did a search on DJI forums and it seems they too have the same problems as these do..lol
Just wondering.......
if there is a replacement battery for these, that has been tested and is a good replacement?
.if the dropping out of the sky issue is an operator error, or is there something wrong with the quad, that can be remedied?

I did a search on these subjects, but never saw any threads where these things have been put to rest.

I like this battery, I average 22-24 minutes using this one. Excellent battery for the price.
GiFi 7500mAh 3S LiPo Battery for YUNEEC Q500 Q500+
gifi-7500-mah-lipo-battery-yuneec_1024x1024.jpg

As for dropping out of the sky it can happen but it happens to every brand. Most likely cause is a bad ESC or bad motor. Pretty hard for a pilot error to cause that.

Upgrades are a personnel thing. I for one do every firmware update, others will say if it's not broke then don't fix it. If you plan on going commercial you are required to have all firmware up to date.

Just wondering.......

As far as batteries go I have a Tattu Plus 6300mAh I got from Amazon for way less than a Yuneec brand goes for and I get around 20 minutes flying time out of it. I picked up a couple of Yuneec brand black batteries at Best Buy for 39.99 each as they price match Micro Center who was also selling them for that price. I just checked and the Micro Center web store doesn’t have any in stock right now. But if you live near the Detroit /Madison Center Store they have some. http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294863597+4294939904+4294862010&Ntt=yuneec

When I read your line “I've been reading as much as I can about all the stuff that is wrong with them…” I Just had to say for the record I have two Typhoon’s a Plus and a 4K and except for one motor on the Plus getting hotter than the other three (which Yuneec replaced free of charge including shipping) I have never had a single issue with either one. I have probably a hundred flights between the two of them and the worst thing I’ve experienced was the Plus doing the “yaw spin” a couple of times in very windy conditions during landing. I think we only hear about the bad experiences from a lot of the people on these forums. Just my two cents worth.

As far as batteries go I have a Tattu Plus 6300mAh I got from Amazon for way less than a Yuneec brand goes for and I get around 20 minutes flying time out of it. I picked up a couple of Yuneec brand black batteries at Best Buy for 39.99 each as they price match Micro Center who was also selling them for that price. I just checked and the Micro Center web store doesn’t have any in stock right now. But if you live near the Detroit /Madison Center Store they have some. http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294863597+4294939904+4294862010&Ntt=yuneec

When I read your line “I've been reading as much as I can about all the stuff that is wrong with them…” I Just had to say for the record I have two Typhoon’s a Plus and a 4K and except for one motor on the Plus getting hotter than the other three (which Yuneec replaced free of charge including shipping) I have never had a single issue with either one. I have probably a hundred flights between the two of them and the worst thing I’ve experienced was the Plus doing the “yaw spin” a couple of times in very windy conditions during landing. I think we only hear about the bad experiences from a lot of the people on these forums. Just my two cents worth.
I have to agree. I've had my Q500 4K for around 18 months now. Never had an issue with it. No fly away's or anything like that. They do not like high winds, I can agree with you on that. A high wind will have it spinning around but it's no biggie. As long as you can see it and know which way it is pointing, it's easy to get it back under control. A little bit of a bouncy landing but if you stick it in 'Turtle' mode just before you land, that helps a lot. It's not a fast aircraft normally in 'ANGLE' mode you will get about 15mph......BUT! If you want to disable the GPS and try it in what Yuneec call 'MANUAL' mode, then it becomes an animal! It will react to all stick input instantly and can fly at over 40mph! But it will drift if you just let it hover and any wind will take it away, so keep your eyes on it at all times if in manual mode. I've done over 150 flights, absolutely no problems whatsoever. It's a great aircraft and dead easy to fly. On average I get around 15 - 18 minutes out of the Yuneec batteries, it depends on what type of flying you do, fighting against a headwind will run the battery down a lot quicker than flying in still conditions. If your thing is aerial video (and let's face it, that's what we all do) then the camera can take a bit of getting used to. Learn how to lock the white balance and lock the exposure and you will get pretty impressive results.

Reactions: Skip Willis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop