Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Law as of Dec 12, 2017

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I accidentally came across information that requires drone operators with any drone between 0.55 and 55 pounds to register with the FAA (USA fliers), under either part 107 or part 336. Refer to this article Just in Time for the Holidays, Drone Registration is Back
Registration is $5 for part 336 (hobbyist) and is good for 3 years. You can create your account at FAADroneZone which will take only a few minutes.

I bring this up because I first started to register at what I thought was a government website and choked when they wanted $25 to register my drone. 3-Year Hobby Drone Registration Package is the site I almost fell for. The registration with the FAA is for the pilot and is good for an unlimited number of aircraft when done at the FAA site. BEWARE these other sites are a ripoff!!! Don’t fall for their money grabbing tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the head's up. I almost paid the $25 not knowing any better.

Got mine...used it once already. They asked for it at a state park in Utah. No big deal to me. Never did register my CB though.

Trying to use the site. I set up an account. Clueless to where the registration part is. Very confusing process.

Did you verify via the email after setting up the account? Once you do that, sign in fill out the info requested, pay using CC or debit, and receive your certificate and unique (not to be confused with Yuneec) ID via email.

Thanks I registered a few days ago at FAADroneZone. Came across Federal Drone Registration this evening, filled out the form and fell off the chair too! When I got back up off the floor, came here and searched and got enlightened!! Thanks for the info, saved $25 (I can put towards my batteries LOL).

Love this site!!!

I accidentally came across information that requires drone operators with any drone between 0.55 and 55 pounds to register with the FAA (USA fliers), under either part 107 or part 336. Refer to this article Just in Time for the Holidays, Drone Registration is Back
Registration is $5 for part 336 (hobbyist) and is good for 3 years. You can create your account at FAADroneZone which will take only a few minutes.

I bring this up because I first started to register at what I thought was a government website and choked when they wanted $25 to register my drone. 3-Year Hobby Drone Registration Package is the site I almost fell for. The registration with the FAA is for the pilot and is good for an unlimited number of aircraft when done at the FAA site. BEWARE these other sites are a ripoff!!! Don’t fall for their money grabbing tricks.

Just an FYI, I had a drone registered before the rule was vacated and went back to check and see if my old registration was still valid after it was reinstated. Not only was it still valid, but they extended it another 2 years from the date the rule was reinstated. All I had to do was reprint my registration certificate and it showed my new expiration date at no additional cost.

Reactions: DoomMeister
...<snip>... Never did register my CB though.
Back in the day in the U.K. CB operators were supposed to buy a licence to use them. I know of absolutely no-one who bought a licence and no-one whe was caught using a CB without a licence. CBers tended to look at that requirement as a joke;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval