Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Pilot.. Need Help.. Like a lot of it

Reaction score
Hi,

So I just got my Q500 and I have no idea on what to do next after unboxing. I'm trying to run the simulator but it's not responding to my RC. I could do with some assistance. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

So I just got my Q500 and I have no idea on what to do next after unboxing. I'm trying to run the simulator but it's not responding to my RC. I could do with some assistance. Thanks in advance.
Ok first thing you will need to do is charge your batteries for the drone and the st10+ controller

What would you like help with first?

Maybe tell us where you are from first. Then maybe why you purchased the Q500, what are your intentions and what do you want to do with it.
Basically setting up and flying.. I've tried it on my own and I've ended up crashing and losing one prop :( .. I'm a 25 year old photographer from Nairobi in Kenya and I would like to add to my inventory of skills and equipment

Ok well sounds like you have not let it lock on to GPS as when u first turn the bird on and once it pairs to each other what color is the light under the battery door flashing or solid and make sure the top right toggle switch is set to angle

It shoud have gone like this:

1) Unboxing.
2) Props, Camera, sd cards and any other accesory installation.
3) Charge both, controller and drone batteries.
4) Q500 4K and ST10+ Firmware update.
5) Q500 4K Compass and Accelerometer Calibration.
6) Lay it in open field and turn on the ST10+ first, once it boots up turn the Q500 4K. After both are paired, you can put the mode switch to Angle mode. Start up motors and check for weird noise. If up to this point everything seems fine, proceed to take off by moving left joystick up. Once it hovers, check again for weird noise. If that test passes, gain altitude and start manuevering it.
7) Once you get tired of taking pictures and fly around. Bring it to you and slowly move down the left stick. Once it hovers about 2 feet from the ground, move the left stick all the way down and it will land by itself.
8) Remove battery and let it cool before you charge it again. 30 mins.
9) Put everything back in its box and...
10) Call it a day.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Reactions: Orandi
Have you calibrated ur Q500
I got the videos on the SD card and they helped a lot sir, thank you very much.. I've managed to get the hang of it.. However, one battery doesn't seem to charge and the other battery has like five minutes of flight time yet they are meant to be new batteries.. so there's that frustration..

It shoud have gone like this:

1) Unboxing.
2) Props, Camera, sd cards and any other accesory installation.
3) Charge both, controller and drone batteries.
4) Q500 4K and ST10+ Firmware update.
5) Q500 4K Compass and Accelerometer Calibration.
6) Lay it in open field and turn on the ST10+ first, once it boots up turn the Q500 4K. After both are paired, you can put the mode switch to Angle mode. Start up motors and check for weird noise. If up to this point everything seems fine, proceed to take off by moving left joystick up. Once it hovers, check again for weird noise. If that test passes, gain altitude and start manuevering it.
7) Once you get tired of taking pictures and fly around. Bring it to you and slowly move down the left stick. Once it hovers about 2 feet from the ground, move the left stick all the way down and it will land by itself.
8) Remove battery and let it cool before you charge it again. 30 mins.
9) Put everything back in its box and...
10) Call it a day.

I did exactly that yesterday I appreciate the help a lot. Thank you

Well how long have you left the batteries to charge and if still not right contact the company you purchased it from then if no joy their contact yuneec I have the Q500 I had to get 2 batteries replaced under warranty due to 1 cell in each not fully charging

Well how long have you left the batteries to charge and if still not right contact the company you purchased it from then if no joy their contact yuneec I have the Q500 I had to get 2 batteries replaced under warranty due to 1 cell in each not fully charging

The charging battery was plugged in for about two hours before the charger issued a green blink. The second battery, however, gives off a constant red light on the charger. I should still have warranty but Yuneec has no office or contacts in Africa so that is such a challenge for me

Yes you will contact yuneec your 2nd battery has a error so needs replaced and ur 1st battery sounds faulty so yes contact yuneec

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital