Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Q500+ and cant get GUI and firmware to work

Reaction score
Hi
New from Astoria, OR
I have a Windows 10 computer, and cannot get the GUI to work. I keep getting error messages stating cant read this kind of file. I tried file explorer, and that downloaded aTrojan.dropper.gen. The Q500+ and ST10+ firmware dont work either. I was able to download it onto my wifes Apple macbook, but it has no SDcard slot. I watched the youtube video multiple times but what Im seeing, and whats being demonstrated are not the same. Im assuming that Im doing something wrong.
Thanks
Randy

Well the download on other browsers didnt work (but I appreciate the input...it was worth a try)....but I got a new trial version of WinZip, and I got it to work. (It kept trying to open this in Adobe DC, and WinZip wasnt an option until I updated it). I was able to install the drivers and update the Q500+ to version 1.07, and the remote control to Build st10+v01b29c (there was only an update for the TX though....I hope that is correct)

When I updated the Q500+ though....there was a popup warning saying "OUTPUT DATA IS COMING BACK ON INPUT LINE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONNECTION CABLE". This was before even connecting anything. However it seemed to work.

Now to swing the compass and fly it for the first time....cant wait

I

One other thing.....when I first opened up the battery compartment to put in a scandisk....there was already one in it. Is that disc holder normally empty when using the Remote?

One other thing.....when I first opened up the battery compartment to put in a scandisk....there was already one in it. Is that disc holder normally empty when using the Remote?
The ST10+ I got yesterday had a 4 gig card already installed. I was hoping to see some telemetry from China on it but it was blank.

Well the download on other browsers didnt work (but I appreciate the input...it was worth a try)....but I got a new trial version of WinZip, and I got it to work. (It kept trying to open this in Adobe DC, and WinZip wasnt an option until I updated it). I was able to install the drivers and update the Q500+ to version 1.07, and the remote control to Build st10+v01b29c (there was only an update for the TX though....I hope that is correct)

When I updated the Q500+ though....there was a popup warning saying "OUTPUT DATA IS COMING BACK ON INPUT LINE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONNECTION CABLE". This was before even connecting anything. However it seemed to work.

Now to swing the compass and fly it for the first time....cant wait

I
Don't forget to put in the time, date and timezone. Those get reset during a firmware update.
The sd card under the battery is to record telemetry files for each flight.

I appriciate all the input/comments, it is useful....I wish I would have come here first....I spent all day saturday trying to figure all this out. As I said, Im new to this forum, I didnt think of it at first.

There is a great bunch of guys who own yuneecs. They are all trying to help others, fly safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop