Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Rakon CNC Advanced Kit for Q500+ (2) CGO3 4K Cameras!! What??

Reaction score
Were looking for a way to mount (2) CGO 3 (4K cameras Q500+ drone) with full record functions for both cams, one facing forward and the other facing rearward,
on a Rakon CNC Advanced Upgrade Kit for the Yuneec Q500+ Quad...

We have ordered the kit (Rakon upgrade) and want to know if anyone has any info on this or, if this in fact possible..
We have heard this is possible...

Thanks!

While physically possible = YES.
A few issues would pop into mind.
1) Only one camera can be bound to the ST-10 controller, you would need a second controller for the #2 camera.
2) Some of the watch me follow me modes may not work with both cameras.
3) Battery life will really suffer, you are now carrying extra weight and extra drag.

Reactions: Steve Carr
While physically possible = YES.
A few issues would pop into mind.
1) Only one camera can be bound to the ST-10 controller, you would need a second controller for the #2 camera.
2) Some of the watch me follow me modes may not work with both cameras.
3) Battery life will really suffer, you are now carrying extra weight and extra drag.

Copy on all 3 Thanks BobW55
So sounds like just getting the hdware inline and mounting it up is the 1st step.
Step two (wire tap the 2nd cam to where?... obviously pwr will be the same but we still
have 2 more wires to attach).
Step three (bind a 2nd st-10 plus to the 2nd camera for recording ability.

The weight problem is reduced with the Rakon air frame being much lighter, as well we have upgrade the
flight batteries to 6700, 7700, or 8800 mah to compensate.

The flight time needed to get the shots for the commercial were shooting will be under 12 minutes per flight
X how ever many takes we need to get the footage.

Any other ideas from you or others with any links on youtube or bing would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Nicolle

I can see a problem using tilt on the second camera. It should bind to a second ST10 just fine for video, but I believe the tilt function is on one of the ST10 2.4 GHz channels. Guess you could test the camera functions by binding only the camera to a ST10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox