Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new to yuneec but not to drones want to get away from DJI

Reaction score
, what is the difference between the typhoon with the the intel mod already installed or installing it as a kit / mod, and what is the difference between the controller with the 2 antennas or the one with the 3
antennas

There is no difference between H models with pre installed RealSense and one without aside from the RealSense module. RealSense is a self contained module that simply plugs in to existing wiring on non RealSense units. The module itself is the inly difference between models.

All St-16’s have three antennas, but the non RealSense version has one of them concealed inside the controller. The RealSense version moves the third antenna to the outside of the controller. The RealSense/Pro version controller comes with an extra directional antenna that can be used instead of the omni antenna pre-installed on the RealSense controller.

I have both versions of the controller. Personally, I have not experienced any difference in range, video reception, or general performance between them. However, I don’t have the optional directional antenna and some report improved video reception when using one.

There is no difference between H models with pre installed RealSense and one without aside from the RealSense module. RealSense is a self contained module that simply plugs in to existing wiring on non RealSense units. The module itself is the inly difference between models.

All St-16’s have three antennas, but the non RealSense version has one of them concealed inside the controller. The RealSense version moves the third antenna to the outside of the controller. The RealSense/Pro version controller comes with an extra directional antenna that can be used instead of the omni antenna pre-installed on the RealSense controller.

I have both versions of the controller. Personally, I have not experienced any difference in range, video reception, or general performance between them. However, I don’t have the optional directional antenna and some report improved video reception when using one.

thanks great info

I have an older version of the 480 purchased 2 years ago without RS that came with the 2 antenna ST16 and no directional antenna. I have a new version of the 480 that doesn't have realsense and the 2 antenna ST16 that came with the directional antenna.

I fly with the directional antenna and get much more distance on the video side which in my opinion is the weak link for Yuneec products. I purchased a directional antenna for my 920's with the ST24's and get much better results on video distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi