Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon H GPS Loss

Yes all cells good, had it since April, issue appeared with that battery. I didn't put 2 &2 together though until I saw that video on YouTube that spoke to aftermarket lipos causing issues with the GPS. I will see about replacing the battery, I have also ordered a new GPS board.
do you have a link to the video?

Does the video address batteries made for the H480, or does it refer to stock 4S batteries that use an adapter to power the H480?

I've seen many complaint's involving the GiFi "8050mah Batteries", pilots have been reporting "Sudden Power Loss" during Flight... It's not uncommon for a Flight Battery "Not Fully Locked In-Place", and to "Slide-Out" and Disconnect, Causing an In-Flight Failure from "Sudden Power Loss", with that being said, it's hard to prove if the 8050mah Battery is the cause, or failure to "Lock" the Battery in place. I have never experienced a LiPo Battery suddenly "Stop" supplying Power during Flight, but only trigger a "Low Voltage" Warning immediately upon "Take-Off",,, but never a Complete Loss of Power, with my RC Airplanes, if the Battery Voltage Falls below 3.0 volts Per Cell, the Power to the Motor will "Stop", but the Flight Surface Controls remain on, and allow a "Dead Stick" Landing. I have flown 100's of Typhoon H Series Drones and, never experienced a Complete Power Loss, the worst case has been an "Emergency Landing" Triggered due to Low Battery Voltage Warning from a Battery that no longer holds a Full Charge. This GPS issue with the 8050mah GiFi is just another reason to Stay away from the GiFi 8050's.
I personally don't believe their claim of this being an 8050mah Battery without a major increase to the overall Battery Size, the Original Typhoon H OEM Batteries where 5400mah and Battery Claiming to be more than that without increasing the Battery Size is Lying to us, knowing we're more apt to Buy a Battery claiming to be a Higher "mah" rating,
10500mah Battery 10.1.pngI do believe this Battery may offer a Longer Flight Time, not sure about the claim of 10500mah....

H480 stock batteries have 0.5mm aluminum plates on top and bottom. I wonder if GiFi batts have it too and if it makes a difference.

Attachments

• Batt_0.5mmAlu.JPG
    Batt_0.5mmAlu.JPG
    1,010 KB · Views: 1
I get GPS signal lost warnings with both my oem and gifi batteries, but only while on the ground and never in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig