Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update

@oliver so basically: you performed the update and afterwards there was a strange sound and vibration from the gimbal. Three days later it goes away all by itself and all is well and the aircraft is flying and doing everything it is supposed to do? Thats sort of encouraging:confused: :)

Okay new question; since the update have you tried and of the flight modes such as CCC, follow me and so on? I would be interested to see if those functions work with the new update.

@oliver so basically: you performed the update and afterwards there was a strange sound and vibration from the gimbal. Three days later it goes away all by itself and all is well and the aircraft is flying and doing everything it is supposed to do? Thats sort of encouraging:confused::)

Okay new question; since the update have you tried and of the flight modes such as CCC, follow me and so on? I would be interested to see if those functions work with the new update.
As written above, the vibration of the gimbal disappeared after some manipulations. Regarding the problem of taking off in angle mode after starting in GPS-free mode first, I do not know why it was okay, apart from having made a lot of attempts.
I did not test the CCC, both on the H and the H PLUS. I do not trust everything that is automatic and guided by GPS. Just a bad Kp, and everyone goes away.
Similarly, the auto landing, the SMART that has just been installed on the new version (I'll never touch it), etc. So I will not be able to help you, sorry.
On the other hand, in the hidden menu, there is GPS On Off and I do not know the consequences ...

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Not sure why they did that GPS switch there. It’s not the switch in my opinion since “manual” mode is now available in the drone settings menu. This setting stays selected so if you turn it on, you must remember to turn it off if you want normal GPS functions. You can also turn sport mode into smart mode. If this smart mode is like the 480, that’s a benefit or a problem depending on how you use it. I had to go to manual mode to test the landing gear switch. The tried and true turn it upside down does not respond otherwise.

Today’s test is Journey mode which I’ve never used as I’m not interested in shooting myself but I’m going to try for fun anyway. Who knows, if my dogs make the shot, I might like it.

Today’s test is Journey mode which I’ve never used as I’m not interested in shooting myself but I’m going to try for fun anyway. Who knows, if my dogs make the shot, I might like it.
If Journey mode works like the TH (480), you can step away from the start point before actually starting journey movement so that the view is not centered on you. Also, it was pretty fussy about starting altitude, camera angle(?) and/or distance(?). Sometimes would not start.

I just downloaded and installed the new update. Everything went smooth and by the numbers. :cool:Camera does not have any issues. Just did a quick hop in the back yard and everything seems normal. One item of note: I have never seen 12 satellites on the controller, nor have I ever seen the icon in green - today it did so; while sitting inside my screened in porch. Hopefully this bodes well for getting the task modes back. I am charging now and will be flying shortly.

NewUp.jpg

Last edited:
I just downloaded and installed the new update. Everything went smooth and by the numbers. :cool:Camera does not have any issues. Just did a quick hop in the back yard and everything seems normal. One item of note: I have never seen 12 satellites on the controller, not have I ever seen the icon in green - today it did so; while sitting inside my screened in porch. Hopefully this bodes well for getting the task modes back. I am charging now and will be flying shortly.
good:)

Updated and have the gimbal issues. The sound is like a small bee-hive. You can touch the gimbal and feel these micro-virbrations. Recorded video, but can't upload here.

Taking the simple way out and going to exchange at BestBuy.

However, don't read this as a negative.

I LOVE the new H plus relative to the H pro I have used for two years. Will update once I exchange and shoot some real video this week end.

Updated and have the gimbal issues. The sound is like a small bee-hive. You can touch the gimbal and feel these micro-virbrations. Recorded video, but can't upload here.

Taking the simple way out and going to exchange at BestBuy.

However, don't read this as a negative.

I LOVE the new H plus relative to the H pro I have used for two years. Will update once I exchange and shoot some real video this week end.
Your update with firmware US/C or EU ?

Since I have my Typhoon H Plus, (with the first firmware version), I use it without problem, and I work with this drone for customers !
So I'll wait a long time before doing an update !
Why create problems on a drone that does not have one! LoL !
I did well not to part with my Typhoon H480 !
(But I still have not managed to use the CCC mode on the H Plus, despite the indications of either ! )

Since I have my Typhoon H Plus, (with the first firmware version), I use it without problem, and I work with this drone for customers !
So I'll wait a long time before doing an update !
Why create problems on a drone that does not have one! LoL !
I did well not to part with my Typhoon H480 !
(But I still have not managed to use the CCC mode on the H Plus, despite the indications of either ! )
I did the update because I need to work without GPS, otherwise, I would have done ;)

I did the update because I need to work without GPS, otherwise, I would have done ;)
After my important missions at the beginning of September, I will have plenty of time to create problems for my Thyoon H Plus ! ;-)
And if by then, Yuneec has released the firmware for the C23 on the H480, it will arrange me too !

I asked this question to know if the vibration problem gimbal concerns only the EU.
But I do not know yet if @Windluv is in Europe or in the rest of the world
This issue is purely jeopardy no matter where you are. Been in contact with users from all over US, Canada, Australia and obviously EU that experience everything from Gimbal shake to unleveled horizon after the update.

Yuneec should receive my camera today or monday and I will update as soon as I hear something from them.

Reactions: oliver
This issue is purely jeopardy no matter where you are. Been in contact with users from all over US, Canada, Australia and obviously EU that experience everything from Gimbal shake to unleveled horizon after the update.

Yuneec should receive my camera today or monday and I will update as soon as I hear something from them.
So, you confirm that you had contacts with T PLUS users who encountered this vibrations problem gimbal after the last update, and regardless of their location?

Reactions: mbernholdt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio