Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New vid from Simon Newton

Reaction score
I've been quite impressed with his series (On the Kitchen Table) on the H, and here's the latest one... A number of FAQ's answered.
It seems he comes from a completely DJI background and appears to be very impressed with Yuneec.
If you haven't already, I suggest you subscribe to his channel, as he is going to be very helpful in the learning curve of the new model..... Especially when we can try it out ourselves!

Reactions: HarveyC
Nice, Looks like he'll be my go to guy throughout all of this. He was one of the first to give us curve cable cam in action. Thanks for sharing this. Now I get to click this video and be all excited

In the video he has the lens cover sitting on the table. Should that be kept on? I don't think he removed it on his flight video

In the video he has the lens cover sitting on the table. Should that be kept on? I don't think he removed it on his flight video
Yes, I would only remove it if your replacing it with another lens such as an ND filter. You can of course use the camera without the cover, but it offers good protection.

Here's another video I found today. Pretty good I think for such a reasonably priced kit. I wonder if we will be able to modify the parameters of the gimbal such as the degrees of rotation dampening when the H yaws. It will be good to get that buttery smooth footage.

Another thing about the vid from Simon, it's been compressed for YouTube so not as good as normal. Simon's mentioned he's going to post the link to some "raw" footage direct from the H, so we should see what you actually get!

Another thing about the vid from Simon, it's been compressed for YouTube so not as good as normal. Simon's mentioned he's going to post the link to some "raw" footage direct from the H, so we should see what you actually get!
You're right Chris. A lot of people still do not understand that what they see on YouTube is a highly compressed version of what was uploaded. Not to mention the fact that the data retrieved from the camera is run through a process (editing) which at best degrades the information after processing.
The "artefacts" that we all see is most likely due to the compression codecs employed by the hosting media.
Too many judge a camera's ability based upon this streamed, compressed data which is unfortunate as it is not indicative of the real camera's performance.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Weird! Not sure where it went?
Take 2.
Well that was great, very smooth and fly's at right speed for video...this time next I can only imagine the cameras you'll be able to put on this bird.
@Chris, yeah Simon's a blast watch some of his earlier stuff just priceless.

Thanks. That is helpful to the newbies like me.

Side note: you were brave to fly your H down that narrow lane until lifting off higher at the first spot between the trees. Looks like you nearly clipped the bushes on the right side!

Thanks. That is helpful to the newbies like me.

Side note: you were brave to fly your H down that narrow lane until lifting off higher at the first spot between the trees. Looks like you nearly clipped the bushes on the right side!
Hi Horizontal, the clip is from YouTube. Not mine. I am waiting on my H:cool:
I thought it was a useful clip showing that sometimes getting out of full auto camera settings can have a very big impact on the final result. You need to have an understanding of how camera's work and what they can achieve, otherwise leaving in auto mode all the time can give just average results. Play with the settings, give the equipment a chance to deliver what you expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval