Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie camera question (sorry)

Reaction score
Bought my first drone, Yuneec Typhoon 4K. It’s 2 years old, and only flown a couple of times. Still practically new, so I go for a test flight. 2-3 feet off the ground the battery dies, straight to the concrete. (Camera was crystal clear prior to this) Camera popped off, shattered the UV lens, and broke one landing gear. Fixed all of it, and the camera works, however it’s fuzzy. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Could be that the lens is either damaged / obscured by scratches, or could have been knocked out of focus maybe ? Normally there is a dab of glue locking the focus ring at the right place - not sure if you could see if that remained after the crash without taking the camera apart.

Do you know why it fell out of the sky ?

Thank you for the reply. Dead battery as for the drop. I apologize for the newbie questions, what’s a “focus ring”?

Thank you for the reply. Dead battery as for the drop. I apologize for the newbie questions, what’s a “focus ring”?

I'm not an expert on this camera's internals. That might be the wrong name for it, but I got it from this video here, where they are replacing the lens on the CGO3+. Perhaps there is something in it that can help you fix yours.

I'm not an expert on this camera's internals. That might be the wrong name for it, but I got it from this video here, where they are replacing the lens on the CGO3+. Perhaps there is something in it that can help you fix yours.
Right. Remove the black plastic lens/antenna cover and see if the lens is loose or if it turns. It should feel solid.

I disassembled the camera shell to inspect for damage. No defects noted, lens is solid.

I disassembled the camera shell to inspect for damage. No defects noted, lens is solid.
If it's blurry something was moved or damaged. When you shine a light in the lens does the inside appear clear?
Is this a threaded lens barrel? Is there glue where the lens fits into the barrel? If so, you may have to carefully remove the glue so you can adjust the lens for a better focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss