Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ Issues

Blaming the manufacturer is like blaming a car for running out of gas when you forgot to put gas in it.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just aggravated that getting the NFZ firmware for my Typhoon H is way more of a pain than for my Q500. I'm very surprised it was so difficult.

I DID finally get a hold of their tech support. They provided me a key for my Typhoon H and advised me that I needed to provide them with proof of my 107 licensure when I get it (so they can remove all restrictions). They stated that the code they provided me will allow me to flight up to around 60 ft AGL in restricted airspace (which is fine for right now).

I also asked if they had any plans to update their firmwares since the LAANC system allows recreational users to, in some places, climb to 400 AGL in restricted airspace (with authorization). The rep stated that they do not have any current plans to do so.

That rep response was precisely what I would have anticipated. I see no reason for them to put any time or effort into the H at this point in time, especially in trying to keep up with a federal agency that has consistently failed to meet Congressional mandates and timelines in aviation matters while maintaining secrecy over future plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Hennessy
I called Yuneec, they just sent me the firmware, I actually had it posted for download on a users group, can;t remember which one.

Of course you know the NFZ firmware is auto pilot serial number specific and cannot be used by any aircraft without that serial number.

“Posting for download” is precisely why it’s linked to a serial number. It prevents the blanket elimination of NFZ restrictions with people that haven’t or refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval